Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-15, 06:04 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

One of my favorites is High Voltage from her Classics DVD, 40 and Fabulous is also good from that same set and it's a little shorter. I also really like Getting Better and Perfect 10.

I have Muscle and Grace which is okay, not overly enthralled with it. I also had Sculpture and Good & Strong but traded both away. I have thought about reacquiring those but probably won't.

What I have found with Margaret is she does do a lot of the same exercises in her workouts, so you don't really need that many. Not to say I haven't thought about more, but I think I am pretty set with the ones that I have from her. One of these days I will try the older Body Electric workout.

I like her a lot though, she is my go to for hi rep work.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 06:49 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
What I have found with Margaret is she does do a lot of the same exercises in her workouts, so you don't really need that many. Not to say I haven't thought about more, but I think I am pretty set with the ones that I have from her. One of these days I will try the older Body Electric workout.

I like her a lot though, she is my go to for hi rep work.
I second this! I took advantage of a lot of her sales because I wanted variety but have found I only need a few. I have also found that my favorites are not always what others' are, but I like her shorter workouts in general. I love the Classics set, but also have not done Body Electric. Muscle and Grace and Strong and Limber for Life are probably my most used because of the format.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 08:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I am very pleased with Margaret's downloads . She uses Skilljar. No special player required. You may download a complete workout, or by chapter (exercise). You may also stream. The cover is also included- a nice bonus!
Thank you for that info Lori! I went to look at the digital section and it surprised me that they are the same price as the DVDs. But I suppose that's good for clutter busters.

Tara and Julie thank you for that feedback on how her workouts can contain cross-over exercises of the same type. That is one of my concerns on avoiding a "gone overboard" situation and limiting myself to the most loved ones by VF'ers.

I'm loving everyone's feedback! Great thread!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Question: has she ever put her Body Electric series on DVD? I see a collection of just four, but some of those clips of the old BE shows look awesome! Just what I'm looking for, low impact, flowy and strengthening. And the leotards don't bother me in the least, that's like going home.

I guess you had to record them on VHS back in the day.
Old 04-28-15, 08:31 AM  
sherry7899

Pat-what time frame are you looking for? She has 1900 and 2000 out as "Unpluggeds" with no music. They are not from the "leotard" era, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-15, 12:27 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oh I was just browsing Sherry, I won't be getting any of those.
Old 04-28-15, 08:37 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

you can find a few bodyelectric segments on youtube - one bodyelectric posted that's longer and some the, um, perverts shared along with their disgusting comments but hey it still has the workout regardless of their intention
Old 04-29-15, 07:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
you can find a few bodyelectric segments on youtube - one bodyelectric posted that's longer and some the, um, perverts shared along with their disgusting comments but hey it still has the workout regardless of their intention
Aaah Youtube! Thank you - I didn't think to look there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Margaret Richard has a sale every week or two -- just join her email list.

I purchased Triple Threat and Sculpture solely for the high-rep upper body workouts and recommend both.
Done!

I did the lower body section on Getting Better last night. OMG - I can press 120 pounds to 150 pounds at the gym, but couldn't keep up with the reps and I didn't even have weights on my legs like she does. But everything is tingling all over today! Quad lifts, who would have thought they'd burn like that.
Old 04-29-15, 10:23 AM  
naturallove

Pat-I have a couple of MR workouts that I'd be happy to loan you. Just drop me an email.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 11:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
Pat-I have a couple of MR workouts that I'd be happy to loan you. Just drop me an email.
I tried to PM you but your box is full!

Tags
getting better, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, skilljar, triple threat, unplugged