Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-15, 08:15 AM  
sherry7899

Margaret Richard dvds on sale for $19.95 each

The sale is through Sunday.

http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/cart/

The discounted price shows when you put a dvd in the cart.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 08:43 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

so what do you recommend?! I'm probably gonna pass though since I have a bunch on my wishlist on amazon that I havent' budgeted for yet (and already cheated with some other dvd purchases that were totally worth it at least!) I think i have all my best dvd and upper/lower sculpture on vhs...tried upper a couple of times and it killed me. I have a lot of KCM for weigths and firm maximum body shaping...do you think Margaret would be different enough? I'm leaning towards her because of her age I think...Kelly is older too but very athletic and her approach is 'come on'..don't recall upper body sculpture being like that - just killer...
Old 03-28-15, 09:06 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
so what do you recommend?! I'm probably gonna pass though since I have a bunch on my wishlist on amazon that I havent' budgeted for yet (and already cheated with some other dvd purchases that were totally worth it at least!) I think i have all my best dvd and upper/lower sculpture on vhs...tried upper a couple of times and it killed me. I have a lot of KCM for weigths and firm maximum body shaping...do you think Margaret would be different enough? I'm leaning towards her because of her age I think...Kelly is older too but very athletic and her approach is 'come on'..don't recall upper body sculpture being like that - just killer...
Margaret has this sleepy, laid-back quality that's very deceptive if you're judging her workouts from the clips. Make no mistake, she will torch those muscles!

I'm not into Margaret's lower body workouts, but I do use and highly recommend Sculpture or Triple Threat if you're into split training and want a long, high-rep upper body workout. Those upper body workouts are just as good as Cathe's upper-body workouts, IMO. And her workouts are, overall, very different from Cathe's and KCM's.

A lot of VF'ers recommend Good n' Strong, "The Best of" volumes or an Unplugged as a first-time introduction to Margaret Richard. If you want something tougher, VF'ers often suggest her older workouts, like the Classics or Sculpture.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:46 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks Breezy
Old 03-28-15, 08:06 PM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
Unplugged series (25 minutes) and Fitness Becomes You (6-20 minutes) and these are all filmed outdoors. You can see clips on her site.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 09:09 PM  
Sara1000

I recommend Good for You - it's fairly recent but not as toned down as her most recent workouts, which mainly target beginners. AND it's set outdoors at a beautiful resort with nice music. It's four 30 minute workouts which target both upper and lower in a 4 day rotation.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 09:48 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks! I came home from work and found my upper body sculpture vhs and did the short workout - my arms were fried. I briefly started the 2nd part then thought nuh uh better get in a little cardio then bath and bed..my arms are STILL feeling shaky I couldn't even come close to all the pushups even modified on my knees and not going all the way down.

couldn't find the all my best vol 1 and 2 I know I got back on yaya's years ago - it was in a cd case seems like but I'm still going through stuff in that bedroom trying to get it arranged better.

gosh so many - I was sorta leaning towards good &strong, unplugged 2000 vol 4 (for some reason that particular one appealed to me in the previews but dunno if I should wait and just get the 4 dvd set later...), and triple threat and the classics but thinking now upper body sculpure has me fried...would like to do the whole body in 30 min or at least all the upper body since with upper body sculpture my muscles were fried after just one round and she did 2 or 3 rounds on some seems like. does she have any that work at least the upper or lower body (without tons of lunges) in 30 min? I'll check out Good For You since it's 30 min for 4 days...
Old 03-28-15, 10:35 PM  
DejaDeb

Here's another vote for Triple Threat; I love the outdoor setting!
Old 03-29-15, 07:15 AM  
sherry7899

If you buy any Volumes of the two Unplugged series , Volume one in each series has two more episodes on each disc.

I'd vote for Triple Threat also.

I like "Good for You" as well.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 07:46 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

LOL this is really narrowing it down! well actually it IS since there are TONS of dvds..

someone give me about $300 and I can narrow things down... HA!

is this one of her best sales or does she do these pretty often?

Tags
margaret richard sale