Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-14, 05:49 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
I noticed the sale was still on too. Raising the Bar is still in my cart but it's the only thing I definitely want and I can't justify spending $6 on whipping when I don't even have a bar!
I hear you Julie....I don't want to spend $6 on shipping for one DVD either. I had pretty much decided on Getting Better but didn't know what else to get. I was actually pondering reacquiring Sculpture which I traded without even trying. She will have another sale, for now I think I am good with what I have from her. Will get GB eventually most likely though.

In doing her workouts I am noticing that she uses the same exercises in quite a few of them, that's why I think I only really need a few of her DVDs.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:51 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacydan View Post
I had trouble deciding, but I finally ordered the Classics, Good for You, and Getting Better since I've been having foot problems lately. This was a really good sale! I haven't done any of hers in forever and I'm looking forward to revisiting her style.
I just got the Classics DVD in early July. I am pleased with it and think I will use it a lot, I bought mainly for High Voltage and 40/Fabulous. I hope you enjoy your DVDs!
Old 07-22-14, 12:22 PM  
JENILU

Just wanted to give y'all and FYI. Margaret is having 40% off all DVDs thru Friday.
http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 07:35 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Just wanted to give y'all and FYI. Margaret is having 40% off all DVDs thru Friday.
http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/
Thanks Jenilu! Margaret is going to get one of us yet! I saw this and of course am tempted again because with the discount and shipping it is still cheaper than the regular price.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 07:37 PM  
JENILU

I wish I could join in on it. I got several good trades of her stuff about a year ago, but one of these days I'd like to get a season!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 07:41 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I hear you Julie....I don't want to spend $6 on shipping for one DVD either. I had pretty much decided on Getting Better but didn't know what else to get. I was actually pondering reacquiring Sculpture which I traded without even trying. She will have another sale, for now I think I am good with what I have from her. Will get GB eventually most likely though.

In doing her workouts I am noticing that she uses the same exercises in quite a few of them, that's why I think I only really need a few of her DVDs.
Tara, I have owned Sculpture for almost a year and still haven't broken the seal. LOL! You are right that a lot of the exercises are similar. Raising the Bar looked a lot different to me with the bar, which is why I was contemplating it. What I like about Getting Better is it is tailored to suit those with foot injuries, yet is a great workout that's doable even without a foot injury (and really good for those days I'm feeling kind of lazy but want a good workout). Not to enable you though.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 08:10 PM  
mtngoat

I have been doing a lot of Margaret's workouts the last few months (recovering from an injury, and her workouts didn't aggravate it). I can vouch for the fact that a lot of the exercises are similar!

I still felt compelled to purchase a lot of them () because I needed some variety - if not in the exercises, then in the scenery, companion exercisers, corny jokes, etc.. I am glad I purchased them, but if someone wasn't planning a concentrated MR rotation I don't think it's really necessary. (But since when has 'necessary' existed in a vidiot's vocabulary?)

(I am no help making recommendations - I have always had workout amnesia. With my MR workouts, it's even worse! I have them on a hard drive, by chapter, and don't really make note of what I am doing any particular day. I just make sure to hit all the body parts. I know that I particularly like the 'Unplugged' series, but I added my own music to them.)

I will admit I am tempted to get 'Muscle & Grace' download during this sale. I already have the stretching segment, so not sure it would be worth it.

eta: OK, I admit it. I bought it. Like I said - 'necessary' is not in my vocabulary. Sheepish grin.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 07-22-14 at 08:22 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 05:54 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
Tara, I have owned Sculpture for almost a year and still haven't broken the seal. LOL! You are right that a lot of the exercises are similar. Raising the Bar looked a lot different to me with the bar, which is why I was contemplating it. What I like about Getting Better is it is tailored to suit those with foot injuries, yet is a great workout that's doable even without a foot injury (and really good for those days I'm feeling kind of lazy but want a good workout). Not to enable you though.
Julie - I previewed it and have done segments from All My Best but that's it. Now that there is a 40% off sale, I need to figure out what I want. I don't want to miss this one.

I had a sprained ankle last summer so Getting Better would have been great for that. I will probably still pick up. Just need to decide what else. I also had Good & Strong years ago but traded that away too. Maybe that would be another good one.

I will figure it out....too good of a sale to pass up!
Old 07-23-14, 05:58 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I have been doing a lot of Margaret's workouts the last few months (recovering from an injury, and her workouts didn't aggravate it). I can vouch for the fact that a lot of the exercises are similar!

I still felt compelled to purchase a lot of them () because I needed some variety - if not in the exercises, then in the scenery, companion exercisers, corny jokes, etc.. I am glad I purchased them, but if someone wasn't planning a concentrated MR rotation I don't think it's really necessary. (But since when has 'necessary' existed in a vidiot's vocabulary?)

(I am no help making recommendations - I have always had workout amnesia. With my MR workouts, it's even worse! I have them on a hard drive, by chapter, and don't really make note of what I am doing any particular day. I just make sure to hit all the body parts. I know that I particularly like the 'Unplugged' series, but I added my own music to them.)

I will admit I am tempted to get 'Muscle & Grace' download during this sale. I already have the stretching segment, so not sure it would be worth it.

eta: OK, I admit it. I bought it. Like I said - 'necessary' is not in my vocabulary. Sheepish grin.
Muscle and Grace was one I was kind of interested in, Give Me Strength was another one. Not sure I really need either one, will go for Getting Better for sure and maybe one more, just have to figure out which one. There are really only a few that I am looking at, she has many others but those just aren't calling my name. Who knows though I could end up with a bunch of them. I guess we will see!

I hear you on "necessary", hasn't really stopped me in the past either!
Old 07-23-14, 08:32 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Muscle and Grace was one I was kind of interested in, Give Me Strength was another one. Not sure I really need either one, will go for Getting Better for sure and maybe one more, just have to figure out which one. There are really only a few that I am looking at, she has many others but those just aren't calling my name. Who knows though I could end up with a bunch of them. I guess we will see!

I hear you on "necessary", hasn't really stopped me in the past either!
On preview it looks good. The inner thighs are done with my preferred form - lying on your side (as opposed to lying on your back and just opening/closing the legs). It also looks like the triceps get a good workout, which I love.

BTW: The downloads are also on sale (they weren't last week). Muscle & Grace was $14.97 once I put it in my cart.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, margaret richard, margaret richard sale