Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-19-14, 04:44 PM  
sharkee

Thanks for the recommendations
Old 07-19-14, 05:04 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The Body Bars come in a variety of weights. Margaret uses the 12 pound bar for upper body and 9 pound bar for lower body. I love my Body Bars and use them instead of a barbell because they are evenly weighted and easy to hold. I have them in various weights. They work great with Les Mills and Cathe workouts. For Raising the Bar, you could use a regular barbell, without plates. This is not a barre workout although some of lower body is done standing with the Body Bar used as added resistance, like for outer thigh raises.
FitBoop, I didn't see this earlier; thank you! Did you purchase your body bar directly from Margaret?

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 07:23 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
FitBoop, I didn't see this earlier; thank you! Did you purchase your body bar directly from Margaret?
Hi Julie. No, I purchased the bars directly from the Body Bar company (many years ago). They were one of my best fitness investments, because I use them all the time.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 09:24 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi Julie. No, I purchased the bars directly from the Body Bar company (many years ago). They were one of my best fitness investments, because I use them all the time.
Hi FitBoop, thanks for the link! I found one on my local Craigs List but it is 18 pounds. Do you think that is too heavy? I noticed Margaret's on her site is 12 pounds. I suppose it is something that is based on each individual. Thanks again!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Old 07-20-14, 06:56 AM  
cyana

I got my weighted bars from Perform Better years ago. The ones they sold at the time were nearly identical to the brand name Body Bars and for a lower price. I have no complaints about mine and they're still going strong.

ETA: Yes, the amount of weight is an individual thing. I have bars in 9, 12,15 and 18 lbs as well as a short bar weighing 4 lbs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 09:02 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I got my weighted bars from Perform Better years ago. The ones they sold at the time were nearly identical to the brand name Body Bars and for a lower price. I have no complaints about mine and they're still going strong.

ETA: Yes, the amount of weight is an individual thing. I have bars in 9, 12,15 and 18 lbs as well as a short bar weighing 4 lbs.
Thanks cyana! This is good to know. That is a lot of bars you have! I looked at their site and they definitely look the same.

Old 07-21-14, 05:40 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Did anyone order? I was so engrossed in my schoolwork all weekend that by the time last night rolled around I completely forgot about it! :0

Oh well, there will be others.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 09:28 AM  
mtngoat

I just went to the bodyelectric tv site and the sale is still posted (not to enable or anything).

I didn't buy anything because I am completing my MR set by buying downloads when they are on sale (to avoid Cdn shipping vharges). MR does a great job with downloads - you can stream them anytime, download by workout, or download by chapter. She also provides the DVD cover (my only gripe with Cathe downloads - who otherwise also does a bang-up job with downloads).

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 10:39 AM  
Jewels5

I noticed the sale was still on too. Raising the Bar is still in my cart but it's the only thing I definitely want and I can't justify spending $6 on whipping when I don't even have a bar!

Old 07-21-14, 12:54 PM  
stacydan

I had trouble deciding, but I finally ordered the Classics, Good for You, and Getting Better since I've been having foot problems lately. This was a really good sale! I haven't done any of hers in forever and I'm looking forward to revisiting her style.
stacydan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, margaret richard, margaret richard sale