Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 10-09-13, 03:00 PM  
DejaDeb

Thumbs up Margaret Richard / Body Electric

Earlier this year, I finally got around to trying out my Unplugged workouts (I purchased both sets, 1900 and 2000), only to discover that some of the 1900 workouts were copied onto one of the 2000 disks. When I contacted the company about this, they replaced the incorrect DVD ... even though I originally purchased the DVDs in 2011 (two years earlier!!)

I was on another Margaret Richard kick this week (that woman is a real inspiration to a person of my ... ahem ... years of experience!) Anyway, I pulled out "The Classics" DVDs and the first workouts I did (on disk #2) were Forty & Fabulous (loved it!) and High Voltage (loved it!) Then I popped in disk #1 (Home Improvement and The Body Electric workouts) ... and in less than 10 minutes into the Home Improvement workout, the DVD froze right up! Sigh.

I couldn't remember when I bought "The Classics", but I contacted customer service about a replacement. They checked their records and saw that I purchased it from them in 2010 ... and they are sending me a replacement!!

I had no expectation in either case that they would send me replacement DVDs after such a long period of time, and I am very grateful that they would do so! You simply cannot beat customer service like that!!! Thank you, Margaret!!!

PS -- superior customer service aside, my takeaway lesson from this: Do Your New DVD Workouts When They First Arrive!!!
Old 10-09-13, 03:44 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
Earlier this year, I finally got around to trying out my Unplugged workouts (I purchased both sets, 1900 and 2000), only to discover that some of the 1900 workouts were copied onto one of the 2000 disks. When I contacted the company about this, they replaced the incorrect DVD ... even though I originally purchased the DVDs in 2011 (two years earlier!!)

I was on another Margaret Richard kick this week (that woman is a real inspiration to a person of my ... ahem ... years of experience!) Anyway, I pulled out "The Classics" DVDs and the first workouts I did (on disk #2) were Forty & Fabulous (loved it!) and High Voltage (loved it!) Then I popped in disk #1 (Home Improvement and The Body Electric workouts) ... and in less than 10 minutes into the Home Improvement workout, the DVD froze right up! Sigh.

I couldn't remember when I bought "The Classics", but I contacted customer service about a replacement. They checked their records and saw that I purchased it from them in 2010 ... and they are sending me a replacement!!

I had no expectation in either case that they would send me replacement DVDs after such a long period of time, and I am very grateful that they would do so! You simply cannot beat customer service like that!!! Thank you, Margaret!!!

PS -- superior customer service aside, my takeaway lesson from this: Do Your New DVD Workouts When They First Arrive!!!
This is very good advice! I recently bought the Unplugged series, and had a niggling feeling that I had read about a problem on VF. I checked, and one of my discs was wrong too. I contacted them and they sent a replacement pronto! Great customer service.

I just got the new Cathe workouts, so will probably do those for a while. I think a MR rotation might be just the thing when I'm done!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 10:35 PM  
BamaTanya

I, too, have been impressed with Margaret Richard's customer service.

Thanks to your reminder, I opened and previewed my last three purchases.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, margaret richard, unplugged