Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-11, 03:52 PM  
Deb

Looking for 30 minute total body strength workouts

I'm working crazy hours these days and having trouble finding time to exercise.

I am looking for effective strength workouts that get the whole body done in about 30 minutes.

I was just looking around at Collage and saw some KCM workouts that might fit the bill.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Debbie
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 04:01 PM  
Tugger31

I've been working some long hours as well and I'm finding KCM's 30 Min to Fitness workouts (they're all great!) and Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 workouts to be my go to workouts these days! They're short but intense to feel like I'm still getting in a good workout.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 04:05 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Abs Diet 2 has a good 30 minute strength workout on it. However, it works the upper and lower body only. It contains 2 separate ab workouts (hence the title) plus a 30 minute cardio workout. The ab workouts are 10-15 minutes long. The weight workout is quite good as long as you don't mind adding on the abs.
Old 10-15-11, 05:02 PM  
cherimac

Caveat: I can't help you with heavy weight workouts. I don't do them anymore due to a chronic tennis elbow injury. If that's what you're looking for I'm sure you'll get some great advice from others.

If you are interested in more moderate weight workouts: besides KCM workouts, there is an older Firm workout, Body Sculpt Blaster with Nancy that fits the bill.

If you like higher rep/low weight you can split some of Debbie Sieber's Slim Series workouts up (Shape it Up comes to mind) or just do the standing portions of Mix it Up or Tone it Up and they fit the bill too. I also like Look Better Naked (awful, awful, title) Strength workout that is 30 minutes. Sometimes I put a few segments of Jessica Smith's Ultimate Bootcamp, Belly Butt and Thigh Blaster 10 MS workouts together to get a 30 minute workout too.
Old 10-15-11, 05:26 PM  
Deb

Thank you for the suggestions!! I"m glad to hear more good things about the KCM workouts. I think I might have to spend some money.

Cherimac, I should have said in my original post that I'm not looking for heavy duty or very advanced. I used to be probably a high intermediate/low advanced level doing Cathe on a daily basis, but now that I have let myself go for the past few years those days are behind me. I have to modify a lot to bring things down to my current level. Plus the fact that I'm 49!! now and 30 pounds overweight and am very aware of keeping things safe for my aging joints, especially my knees.

I do have a few Jillian's in my collection, and I think I also have that old Firm somewhere around here, which I haven't thought about in ages. Great suggestions!

Thanks again!!!
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 05:40 PM  
cherimac

I thought of another couple of suggestions. Karen Voight has Slim Toning on a Ball, which I love, but is a bit lighter on lower body. It uses a stability ball and engages the core doing so. Sometimes I add on 10 minutes of leg work from a 10 MS workout. Molly Fox's Skinny Jeans Workout is 40 minutes and is total body. I really like it, although there are some weird moves in the warmup, lol. Also Angie Gorr has 50/50 Custom Fit Weights and Cardio. It's available at Total Fitness DVDs. The weight portion is 30 minutes. The production values aren't great but she shows three different levels of each exercise done so you can advance as you get stronger.

Oh, and Jackie Warner has some 30 minute workouts similar in feel to Jillian that pack a punch in 30 minutes. I like her Xtreme Timesaver Training .

Glad some of my suggestions helped! We've all been where you are and there's not a thing wrong with restarting!
Old 10-15-11, 06:22 PM  
Sara1000

I would recommend splitting the body into two 30 minute workouts, as with KCM 30 Minutes to fitness Split Sessions.

Or a 4 day split as with Margarte Richard Good for You or Good 'n' Strong. It would be much more thorough and you could work out every day that way.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 07:43 PM  
cdayley

I'm a huge fan of the Tracie Long Focus workouts. The only drawback is that she doesn't do much of a warmup, but I always do it after I walk, so they are great for me. All of them are 30 minutes long!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:11 PM  
Bebop

Joyce Vedral Speedy Non-Stop- the second one.

It is exactly 30 minutes - split - upper(includes abs) lower (has the back work) and there is another bonus ab section.

It is is done in the modified pyramid system of three rounds - it's a weight circuit and once you do the workout a couple of times you will be able to switch the weights for the particular body part instead of using the same weight for each part.

I once did an old review of it - it may still be there.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 07:25 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Many kettlebell training workouts fall under 30 minutes, and they're always intense.

I also recommend Kelly Coffey Meyer. I only like her weight training workouts: Split Sessions, Muscle Definitions, Weights (and am having traders remorse with LIFT).

I like Bebop's recommendation, too, because Joyce Vedral's workouts got me in the best shape of my life -- and I've tried most.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 week turnaround, 30 minute circuits, 30 minute strength, 30 minute weight workouts, 30 minute workouts, good 'n strong