Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-10, 10:18 PM  
videofit

Margaret's Triple Threat: I nearly fainted

I got Triple Threat today and did the upper body 60 min. workout. I figured her Sculpture Upper Body was probably similar because it's similar in length and there are only so many ways you can work a muscle, right? So this should be tough but not tougher than Sculpture. Yikes! I don't know why this was so freakin' hard but at one point I had to lie down because I thought I might faint. Then I did some of the delt work kneeling, figuring if I fainted I wouldn't fall as far. I couldn't complete all of the reps for some of the sets. By the time I finished the third set of delts-back-obliques, I was glad she was working on the floor.

She puts a twist on some familiar moves, like pec flies. When your arms are extended out to the side, she flips the dumbbells so your palms are down, then flips them back so they face up and continues normally.

Next time I will go lighter with the dumbbells and see how I feel.

I had eaten an apple with peanut butter about two hours previously and walked outside for an hour and ten minutes before doing this workout. Still, I don't think I would have used up all my "fuel." Afterward, I was so starving I had baked beans on toast with a poached egg on top!

Tomorrow I do lower body and feel more confident because my lower body is stronger but who knows with this crazy DVD. What have been your experiences?
Old 01-16-10, 03:09 AM  
ilovemybirds

Gosh! It's been awhile since I've done this one, but it's a good one! The upper body workout is definitely good. I love how it's chaptered so well, you can shorten it to 40 minutes (or even less), if you're pressed for time. Some of her comments in the upper body workout are really cute, too, and the music is nice.
I wasn't as crazy about the lower body workout for some reason.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 04:21 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

shoot not touching that workout with a 10 foot pole! even when I was in better shape upper body sculpture kicked me bad! and that was doing the shorter section of it. I can't even imagine this one!
Old 01-16-10, 08:07 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Do I really want to pull this one out????? Do I really???? Triple Threat is one I don't pull out too often...I've never figured out how to fit this one in as it's organized so differently...I really need to work on this one...once I lick this darn cold
Old 01-16-10, 10:44 AM  
DeltaMan727

I just did this video a few weeks ago and to say its tuff is an understatement! She does go very heavy on this workout. I just did another workout of her's a few days ago and the LB work is very diffrent from what she usually does.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 10:49 AM  
beth22

Oooh this sounds good! Where can I buy it? Mary doesn't appear to carry it.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 12:51 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
Do I really want to pull this one out????? Do I really???? Triple Threat is one I don't pull out too often...I've never figured out how to fit this one in as it's organized so differently...I really need to work on this one...once I lick this darn cold
I wasn't crazy about Triple Threat. Now it has been so long, I forget why!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 01:58 PM  
videofit

She is still having a sale for 25% off.

Here is Triple Threat. Put it in the shopping cart and the sale price will show up.
http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/bestor...pexd.asp?id=67

Triple Threat was one of the first I got in a swap years ago and I didn't like it. Actually, I didn't care for Margaret's style at all. When the student is ready the teacher appears!

Like Lydia, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lower body for a full body workout. I don't know why because it seems obvious! It seems to move a bit slower than her other workouts so you can't be in a hurry to work out.

I am definitely feeling worse DOMS today than I've had in a long time.
Old 01-16-10, 02:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Triple Threat was one of the first I got in a swap years ago and I didn't like it. Actually, I didn't care for Margaret's style at all. When the student is ready the teacher appears!
I have several Margaret videos that I really like. I just didn't click with TT for some reason that now escapes me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 03:09 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Like Lydia, I couldn't figure out how to use it with the lower body for a full body workout. I don't know why because it seems obvious! It seems to move a bit slower than her other workouts so you can't be in a hurry to work out.
It seems obvious? I'm taking it you mean going by chapters to put together a total body workout? You really need to know the chapters pretty well. I think there's a few parts that she works one side in one section and the other leg in another section...if you know what's involved in each chapter, then you can piece together the various chapters to make a great workout. Maybe I'm making this too complicated...or just missing something? Or maybe I just need to get this one out and LEARN it enough to get the most out of it

It's a great dvd...Margaret looks lovely, the scenery is unbeatable...

Tags
margaret richards