Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-08, 02:41 PM  
shirleyj62

Margaret Richard - Favorite Workout

Margaret is new to me. I'm thinking about getting 1 or 2 of her workouts. I've decided that I prefer floorwork for lower body, and she apparently is the queen of floorwork.

I've looked at some of the reviews of her different workouts, but cannot seem to settle on any two.

I know there are a "few" fans of Margaret here, so what are your favorite workouts.

Thanks for your responses (in advance).

shirley
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 02:57 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

honestly she normally switches between standing and floor work in her "paired" workouts - like perfect 10 a/b; beauty to the bone a/b -- so I'd recommend sculpture and probably high voltage.

eta: if you don't mind vhs, getting better is all sitting or lying work. it should be put out on her next batch of dvds though, so you might want to hold off.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 03:14 PM  
shirleyj62

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom
eta: if you don't mind vhs, getting better is all sitting or lying work. it should be put out on her next batch of dvds though, so you might want to hold off.
I don't mind vhs at all. I'm still buying (used) vhs tapes.

shirley
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 03:37 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

I like her "Classics" which are some of her older, very tough floorwork workouts. If her Getting Better is coming to dvd I will most definately be getting that one as well.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 04:19 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Getting Better is worth every penny--it saved me during my ankle injury and PT. I really used that tape.

I have the first "Unplugged" and like that, too.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 06:15 PM  
videofit

Lately she seems to be having some sort of sale or free shipping offer every week. Maybe she and her husband lost a fortune in the stock market crash! I just missed out yesterday with a 15% sale. She also has a forum but it's very slow.

Body Electric website

I've just started my second Margaret rotation. If you aren't very strong, I'd suggest the Unplugged Vol. 1 which is shot outdoors sans music. It's still tough but a bit less so than others.

I have and like All My Best, The Classics and Sculpture. I plan to buy Getting Better when it's out on DVD and possibly Perfect 10.

Buy whatever you like because you will always be able to swap it on the Video Exchange here.
Old 11-04-08, 06:43 PM  
sundari

Its been my experience that Margaret's older workouts are tougher. But as I'm sure you know you can always use lighter weights and do any of them anyway.

If you are unsure do visit her website and look at the chapters and exercises of each workout. It usually says if its standing or floor work, sitting or standing. They also list which exercises are included and how the exercises are chaptered and the time lengths. I and some other people have written reviews of Margaret's workouts in the VF Reviews section.

Keep in mind that Margaret will be putting out in the future the remainder of her VHS titles onto DVD format. I believe that "Getting Better" will be next. I have no ETA on when.

For me the toughest ones are: "Sculpture" & "Triple Threat".

All of these I found to be good ones for different reasons:

Sculpture ( indoors, tough)

Triple Threat (outdoor scenery, tough and long)

Beauty To The Bone (indoors)

All My Best (variety mix of her workouts outdoors & indoors)

Fitness Becomes You (two workouts outdoors and one indoors)

Good N Strong (outdoor scenery much like her PBS TV show)

Perfect 10 (indoors)
Old 11-04-08, 08:18 PM  
Tugger31

I think her best floorwork is in Home Improvement...which is on the Classics dvd.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-08, 10:54 PM  
Debbie M

I am looking at ordering Sculpture (4/6 lower body segments are floorwork) and Triple Threat (no breakdown available - but I like the concept and outdoor setting) but am also interested in All My Best as 8/10 (2 quad, 2 hamstring, 2 gluteal, 1 inner thigh, 1 outer thigh) lower body segments are foorwork.

Can anyone list which workouts are pieced together to create the All My Best Vol I and II DVD?

Either that or just a rough % of how much content is from Sculpture and Triple Threat.

I want to avoid buying all three DVDs if much of it is repetative.

Thank you in advance.

I have been wanting to try Margret Richards for so long but have not had the pleasure yet.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 12:30 AM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie M
Can anyone list which workouts are pieced together to create the All My Best Vol I and II DVD?

Either that or just a rough % of how much content is from Sculpture and Triple Threat.
Triple Threat is a newer workout and not on All My Best. There may be a chapter or two from Sculpture on All My Best, but I have both AMB and Sculpture DVDs and like both. If I were you, I'd try Sculpture first, since her DVDs are so pricey. It's her toughest and man, does she look buff and strong! It was one of the first I'd tried and I got hooked.

Tags
favorite margaret richard, favorites