Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-16, 05:10 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Already posted this in bargain watch but looks like the 4th of July Sale is 35% off
Oh, yay! Another sale! I'm really enjoying working through the Unpluggeds I got at the last sale. I like how these are set up, the outdoor setting, the pace, Margaret's instruction and personality. She is different. I think these combine well with other workouts. I may have to pick up a few more that were recommended up thread.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 05:12 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Which of Joyce's books do you recommend? I have several on my wish list and I'm undecided about which one(s) to get. I'd love to hear your ideas on how to work Margaret in.
I like the books Fat Burning and Definition. Definition is a full pyramid; quite a burner! Fat Burning is a partial pyramid. Those are the books I've been rotating back and forth and my arms are definitely getting leaner and firm. Sometimes I'm a little meh about the lower body; I'm not crazy about various squats but I do love Margaret's floor work. I also like Cathe's leg work so hope to pull in some of that.

Here is a very tentative rotation I'm pulling together. I also love kettlebells so I'd like to try to get in a day per week.

Week 1
Margaret Classics Full Body
Barre
KB
Barre
Rest

Week 2
Joyce Upper Body /dance/walk
Joyce Lower body
Joyce Upper Body /dance/walk
Joyce Lower body
Rest
KB
Rest

Week 3
Cathe STS Meso 2 Chest/Shoulders/Biceps
Cathe STS Meso 2 Legs
Rest
Cathe STS Meso 2 Back/Tris
Kettlenetics, light bell
Cathe STS Meso 2 Legs
Rest
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 06:18 PM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Oh, yay! Another sale! I'm really enjoying working through the Unpluggeds I got at the last sale. I like how these are set up, the outdoor setting, the pace, Margaret's instruction and personality. She is different. I think these combine well with other workouts. I may have to pick up a few more that were recommended up thread.

Ann
I pulled out Fitness Becomes You and did a couple episodes this week and agree about her instruction and personality. She is working hard, but moves so graceful. I just love her!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 02:57 AM  
spotted zebra

That's brilliant Beth. I'm liking the idea of alternating between Margaret and Joyce more and more. Thanks!
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Those of you that use her Unplugged or other episode workouts, how do you use them? Do you mainly do one a day or do you combine more than one on the same day? Also, how many episodes do you do a week? I just got Unplugged 1900 from the Father's Day Sale and pretty much did one everyday with cardio but sometimes it's hard to get in one everyday. I ended up missing a day and did 2 the next day. Just curious how everyone uses these.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 10:20 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Those of you that use her Unplugged or other episode workouts, how do you use them?
I use them on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. The other days I do cardio or flexibility.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 12:22 PM  
Sara1000

I think Margaret's Unplugged are designed so they can be done everyday if you choose to, like the TV show they are from.

This morning I did Spark for the first time and found it is about 2 hours long. It has four segments but they are not really separate workouts like some of her DVDs. Only the first segment has a warm up. Anyway I only did segment one and it was perfect for the day.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 08:00 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
That's brilliant Beth. I'm liking the idea of alternating between Margaret and Joyce more and more. Thanks!
I noticed last night my abs are pulling in and firming, yay!. I think it's because Joyce has you do 3 sets of everything. Her upper body and abs are tough. I wish Margaret had more splits. It would be fun to figure out a Joyce/Margaret split rotation.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I noticed last night my abs are pulling in and firming, yay!. I think it's because Joyce has you do 3 sets of everything. Her upper body and abs are tough. I wish Margaret had more splits. It would be fun to figure out a Joyce/Margaret split rotation.
~Beth
Margaret's Sculpture would fit in well with a splits rotation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 06:00 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Those of you that use her Unplugged or other episode workouts, how do you use them? Do you mainly do one a day or do you combine more than one on the same day?
Each episode is only 18 minutes of workout time, if you don't count warmup and cool down plus it's not full body. I do three at once, skipping the middle warmups and cool downs. That way I get 54 min. of actual exercise.

Tags
body electric, favorite margaret richard, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard sale, margaret richards, unplugged