Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-10, 01:56 PM  
TinaT

Talk To Me About....

why I don't see many folks using Margaret Richard Triple Threat or Good N Strong? I see other threads about various workouts she's produced, but not much about these 2.

I watched the clips at her site and they don't seem much different than her dated stuff.

What gives?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 02:42 PM  
sherry7899

I love both of the workouts you mentioned

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 03:43 PM  
TinaT

I have been on the fence about MR ever since I purchased 3 of her DVDs. These two were not amoung them b/c I couldn't find any good threads discussing them. I used to have several of her routines on VHS years ago, but didn't want to get just those I'd already had.

I even tried trading them, but then decided today I needed to use each one a couple of times before getting rid of them. I previewed Beauty To The Bone today and really do like what I saw. I forgot how thorough she is. I like the idea of using MR and CS together. Something about how controlled and smooth both women are during their routines makes them compatible in some strange way.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 04:17 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

You asked so I'll give it a try...

Both are filmed outdoors. In both Margaret is working out alone.

Triple Threat is a split kind of workout. Half is upper body and half lower body with three chapters for each half, each chapter has exercises for three body parts...say, pecs, tricepts and biceps in one chapter. I think each chapter is about 20 minutes. The individual muscle routines may be chaptered. I haven't done Triple enough as I don't generally do splits (except CLX)

Good'n'Strong has two full body workouts on the dvd. No splits...total body workouts. She uses a little playground-type ball in this one, but I really think you could do this one without a ball.
Old 09-29-10, 06:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Triple threat is around 60 minutes for upper body and 60 for lower body and the format is like Lydia said. Good-n-strong runs around 50-55 minutes for each of two total body workouts - so less time per body part than triple threat. GnS is well chaptered (like all of her dvds) so you can split it (I have) but it really was designed to be used as a total body workout and I prefer to use it that way.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 07:15 PM  
videofit

I have both of these and like both. I only do her splits -- Sculpture and Triple Threat -- on the weekend when I have more time. Upper one day and lower the next. Then Tuesday and Thursday, usually, I do her full body.

Her Unplugged 2000 series is quite a bit different, in my opinion, than her earlier workouts because she does more unweighted upper body work, especially for triceps. She says that it's more intense than using weights. It is! Very strange.

Tags
good 'n strong, margaret richard, triple threat