Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-21, 08:51 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
A friend recently postulated the theory that folks who have really bad reactions to the vaccines are folks who would have been hit the hardest with the virus.

Another "theory," but an interesting one.
I am hoping for this as I actually worked through my bout with COVID. I didn’t even have any COVID symptoms, but was tested when my boyfriend got it really bad and I have the antibodies.

My daughter wasn’t affected by her bout with it, but she was down for the count with her J&J shot. She vomited the night after getting it and slept for the next 24 hours. She seems good now and that was last week

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 04-20-21, 08:53 AM  
momofcha

Beth - i love your new picture!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 04-20-21, 09:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Sue! I took that shot as I was about to do a livestream from the yoga studio where I work; it seemed appropriate for as a Video Fitness avatar.

Update on me - I am feeling fine today. I think I might have just a bit of the lymph node swelling some have mentioned (it feels a little sore in that area, not just my arm), but otherwise I'm fine.

I have definitely heard a lot of different speculation about who gets side effects to which vaccine and why. An additional idea I heard was that younger people have a harder time than older people with the vaccines; that's consistent with what I have seen anecdotally, but I have no idea if there's actual research behind that. DH is glad I had a reaction (albeit mild) because he thinks it means my antibodies are more robust.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 04-20-21, 09:18 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Sherry, I'm sorry you're not feeling well from the vaccine and hope you feel better soon.

Off-topic, but I hate Mother's Day. It's such a painful day for so many people. I subscribe to emails from Pandora jewelry and they recently sent out an email saying that they recognize it can be a hard day and were providing an option to opt-out of all of their Mother's Day emails/promotions. I was really grateful for that and took advantage of that option.

Thinking of you, Sherry.

Erica
Thank you, Erica
I totally understand your views on Mother's Day.

I was feeling better last night and this morning. I attempted a dance workout, but I had to stop after 30 minutes. I started feeling shaky. I am just going to rest as much as I can the rest of today.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-20-21, 09:35 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I took that shot as I was about to do a livestream from the yoga studio where I work; it seemed appropriate for as a Video Fitness avatar.

An additional idea I heard was that younger people have a harder time than older people with the vaccines; that's consistent with what I have seen anecdotally, but I have no idea if there's actual research behind that. DH is glad I had a reaction (albeit mild) because he thinks it means my antibodies are more robust.
I like the new pic, too! Older people definitely do better, in general, with reactions because their immune systems aren't as robust. That's why they get a stronger flu vaccine than younger people. I was very relieved to have a reaction to my second dose since my white blood cell count is low and I was concerned that the vaccine wouldn't do much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thank you, Erica
I totally understand your views on Mother's Day.

I was feeling better last night and this morning. I attempted a dance workout, but I had to stop after 30 minutes. I started feeling shaky. I am just going to rest as much as I can the rest of today.
Sorry you are still not back to normal, but I'm glad you are listening to your body and resting. Let your body work to build those antibodies.

Erica
Old 04-20-21, 10:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I agree with Erica about listening to your body - plus, kudos to you for getting in 30 minutes of cardio! I only did 45 minutes yesterday, 3 separate 15-minute routines that were all on the floor.

Also wanted to extend (((hugs))) to all of those who struggle with holidays like Mother's Day. Our saturated, product-driven culture doesn't allow much for the many nuances and complexities of human relationships.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-20-21, 06:05 PM  
videofit

I wonder if people had the same reaction to their annual flu shot, i.e. no reaction to flu shot = no reaction to CV-19 shot
Old 04-20-21, 06:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I wonder if people had the same reaction to their annual flu shot, i.e. no reaction to flu shot = no reaction to CV-19 shot
This isn't the case in my experience and what I've heard from others. I've never had side effects from the flu shot (other than the sore arm) but did have some in response to my second shot. I usually don't really get medication side effects either.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-20-21, 06:58 PM  
sherry7899

No , I do not get a reaction to flu shots except a sore arm.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-20-21, 07:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've had a flu shot twice in the past and each time I had a reaction (chills, fever, aches) but had none to either of my Pfizer shots. No reaction whatsoever and barely a sore arm afterwards that only lasted about 24 hours.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines