Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-21, 10:37 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I finally got an appointment !
I have been stalking sites for weeks.

Did you get the shot in your dominant or non dominant arm? I am right handed, but I have shoulder issues on my left side and sleep on my left side.
Non dominant left arm. I’m right handed. The main reason was because I was in my car, and my left arm faced the door. I usually get blood drawn from the right side, as they find it difficult to get a vein on my left. But the shot is in the muscle, so it didn’t matter.
Old 04-19-21, 05:25 PM  
Venus

I went to a walk-in clinic on Thursday morning for my first Moderna vaccine dose. I was a little nervous, but it was fairly empty when I went so I was in and out pretty quickly. I filled out the form, got the vaccine, and waited a bit after. Actually, I waited almost 30 minutes after since there were only a few people and I had been nervous about a reaction. I got the shot in my dominant arm. I tried to move my arm around throughout the day and remembered to stay hydrated (thanks in part to this thread!).

I had a sore arm by late afternoon and a throbbing headache in the evening. Only a slight headache the following morning, and my arm was still sore and a little stiff. My arm was only slightly sore by Saturday, but I did feel tired and achy that day. I was fine by Sunday.

As far as working out, I did restorative yoga on Thursday evening. On Friday evening, my arm was still sore, but I could do yoga with down dogs. I kept it gentle this weekend.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 08:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

yes - hydration.

my 18 YO son took Moderna #1 last week and he was fine. i also suggested that he drink lots of water. they allowed retail employees, which applies to my son, to take the vaccine starting 2 weeks ago.

this week, they've opened it up to >16 YO as of yesterday.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 05:08 PM  
Venus

I had my second Moderna dose yesterday afternoon. I went with my dominant arm again. I moved my arm around and drank lots of water. My arm soreness started sooner this time around and I had a little swelling, too. By around 11 pm, I was tired, my entire body felt achy, and I had chills. I bundled up in layers and piled on the blankets. I felt pretty miserable all night, waking up with foot cramps and a throbbing headache. I prefer not to take Tylenol/Ibuprofen, but I did take Ibuprofen when I got up in the morning and still had a nasty headache. It helped. My arm is still a little sore and I've had a slight headache on and off all day.

Overall, I'm glad my reactions were fairly mild. Even though I felt miserable last night, the worst was only overnight. And the rest was manageable.

I did not work out yesterday. I feel well enough to do a light workout now, but I also feel achy and a little dizzy sometimes, so I will take it easy this weekend again.
Old 05-16-21, 04:49 PM  
Leonana

Venus, I am glad you are feeling better.
Old 05-17-21, 08:29 AM  
Venus

Thank you, Sherry.
Old 06-17-21, 09:05 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I am so happy that I was able to get my second dose yesterday (Canada has had a policy of prioritizing getting as many first doses in arms as possible, and has just started to ramp up second shots within the past couple of weeks). I had no side effects. Extremely mild soreness at the injection site for a couple of hours, but it was hardly noticeable at all. Nothing at all today.

The mass clinic was very busy and also efficiently run; there was a constant stream of people entering and exiting the entire time I was there. Lots of young people getting their first shots, which was great to see.

I was able to do a YouTube step workout last night (MYND Fitness, one of my new favourites), and then a virtual dance class. No problems at all, and so relieved to being on my way to being protected. I am hoping this pace of vaccinations continues so they can finally reopen hair salons in the summer. Over a year since my last haircut and it shows!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 09:35 PM  
Leonana

Paula, that is great. I'm so happy for all of you in Canada.
Old 06-19-21, 11:10 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The nearest city to us has the lowest vaccine rate in the county. Folks just don't want to get on board. Even with vaccine lotteries and incentives!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines