Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-20, 05:08 PM  
RHend

Not really new, but I haven't been here in quite awhile...well over a year I'm sure! I've spent the last year or so doing physical therapy for back and neck issues and only returned to videos earlier this year. Unfortunately I pushed too hard too soon and now have bursitis (or something) in my hip *sigh

Anyway, nice to see so many folks still here and I hope to contribute more often.
Old 05-27-20, 09:32 AM  
KerryF

I, too, am not new, and mostly lurk, without logging in (my last login was in October 2011! LOL).

To those who are still posting and adding reviews, thank you. The information and insight has been most useful over the years. Enabling IS going on, even if there's not a lot of chatter about it.
KerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 03:50 PM  
DCW

Yes I am back!!

I was out and never got around to renewing but I am back!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 05:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I am still happy to volunteer to activate new members and manually screen for spammers (I do so on another forum as a mod) but I also totally understand if Wendy doesn't want to take me up on the offer.
I wish your offer would be accepted! I know others have volunteered on another thread when this issue came up
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226698

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:23 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitloon View Post
I'm not new, was always more of a lurker. But have recently started posting some again due to coroanvirus stay-at-home orders. I had joined a local gym but am also rediscovering my love of at home workouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHend View Post
Not really new, but I haven't been here in quite awhile...well over a year I'm sure! I've spent the last year or so doing physical therapy for back and neck issues and only returned to videos earlier this year. Unfortunately I pushed too hard too soon and now have bursitis (or something) in my hip *sigh

Anyway, nice to see so many folks still here and I hope to contribute more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryF View Post
I, too, am not new, and mostly lurk, without logging in (my last login was in October 2011! LOL).

To those who are still posting and adding reviews, thank you. The information and insight has been most useful over the years. Enabling IS going on, even if there's not a lot of chatter about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Yes I am back!!

I was out and never got around to renewing but I am back!!!
Hi Fitloon! Glad to hear you are enjoying your home workouts again!

Hi RHend! Hope your hip feels better soon, and that you keep posting!

Hi KerryF! Hope you'll be back often!

Welcome back, DCW!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome new and welcome back lurkers!

We won't bite - post some more.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 03:15 AM  
hypnomoon

Why are new (real) folks not getting accepted? Has the owner of this forum abandoned it?
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 10:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Why are new (real) folks not getting accepted? Has the owner of this forum abandoned it?
It seems so.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 03:28 PM  
DCW

I got renewed pretty fast.

My rec center classes are over until the Fall 2020. I told my class buddies that Winter doesn't officially start until Dec 21 (?). So classes could start Dec 1, 2020 and that would still be Fall. LOL!

But I wonder how many will return to the rec center. The majority of them are 70+ and really the others are 45 - 65. What is so inspirational is seeing the 80+ ones driving, doing sit-ups, and getting down on the floor and up unassisted.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 07:29 PM  
fitloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi Fitloon! Glad to hear you are enjoying your home workouts again!
Hi! I'm *really* enjoying the home workouts again. So much so that I briefly wondered how much I will get back to the gym when it reopens.
For now, I have decided to do both, because both fit my needs and give me choices.
For home: Lack of commute time is a plus and not worrying about who is watching and doing whatever exercise I want is another. And the variety and convenience of DVDs, YouTube and streaming is awesome.
For the gym: Being physically in a local gym puts me in a great fitness mindset. I was getting too distracted at home by myself, kids, husband and dogs and ending up not working out. Of course, I see the complete irony in now picking up the DVDs again while being forced to be at home more. Also the gym has some equipment that I don't have at home and is a short 5-10 minutes drive for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Welcome new and welcome back lurkers!

We won't bite - post some more.
Thanks, Pat! I checked my join date and saw it was 2009! I've "been" here off and on for 11 years. How did that happen?
fitloon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions, new vfers