Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-18, 01:11 PM  
jusca

@marylandmom, im laughing so hard at the panties. the visual of the story is crystal clear. lol thanks for the laugh of the day
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 02:21 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
@marylandmom, im laughing so hard at the panties. the visual of the story is crystal clear. lol thanks for the laugh of the day
Me, too, thanks for sharing!

Funniest movie: Christmas Vacation

Pet peeve: littering

1st car: Pinto, and it wasn't loved or hated

birthday celebration: lemon meringue pie is my must have

most embarrassing: coming out of the bedroom in my underwear late one evening when I didn't know we had company

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 06:56 PM  
Cowgirl32

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Lately.. Girls Trip.. Tiffany Haddish is a trip! Avoid if you don't like R movies.

What’s your greatest pet peeve? People that are mean to animals.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? My dog, boyfriend, and Bible

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? Chevy malibu- ehh.. it was OK

Describe your fantasy vacation - Ireland- an equestrian get away, and I could jump cross country and see the sites after riding during the day.

How do you celebrate your birthday? Dinner with my BF and dinner with the broader family/friends. I usually take a day to just pamper myself, too.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? I signed a high profile, professional email "Beastly Regards"
Old 07-24-18, 02:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
EMBARASSING!! Good thing though, I did get the job.
omg, that really made me laugh. thanks for having the courage to share that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
Me, too, thanks for sharing!
me THREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? I signed a high profile, professional email "Beastly Regards"
hahaha! that is funny too! how did that happen?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 07:29 AM  
Indy

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Along Came Polly, National Lampoon's Vacation, Office Space

What’s your greatest pet peeve? Gum Chewing. It is probably just me but I can't stand it. I hate littering as well.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you? My DH, I wouldn't worry about anything if he was there, food & water. With all that I think I would probably just want to stay there indefinitely.

What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? Saturn. Loved it.

Describe your fantasy vacation. Staying home. Getting up every morning and having no place to be - going away is work.

How do you celebrate your birthday? I hate my birthday. Every year I try to not to expect anything and then am depressed when it wasn't more special then I pray that next year I'll be better.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 09:22 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
omg, that really made me laugh. thanks for having the courage to share that!

me THREE!

hahaha! that is funny too! how did that happen?
Auto correct on my cell phone
Old 07-24-18, 09:56 AM  
alisoncooks

• What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? I'm pretty partial to The Three Amigos but Spy with Melissa McCarthy was hilarious.
  • What’s your greatest pet peeve? All manners of self-importance/inconsideration (not putting away shopping carts, not holding doors, etc)
  • What was your first car and did you love it or hate it? 1994 Geo Prism - champagne colored with dark tinted windows. LOVED IT!
  • Describe your fantasy vacation. I'm torn between white sand and crystal blue water....or a big tour of the national parks (Yellowstone, Glacier National)
  • How do you celebrate your birthday? We usually do dinner out.
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? Oh man, I'm a magnet for embarrassing things. My top one: one Friday, driving home from college for the weekend. I was 5 miles from home and I had to pee (been driving 4 hours). So I see flashing lights/cars/activity in the distance, and thinking it's an accident that I want to avoid, I u-turn and take the turn-off I just passed. Well, apparently it was a license-type check, and when I pulled onto the second road, I was met with a road block and drug dogs and guns raised. They'd seen me u-turn and thought I was running from the law (they were looking for drugs). I was mortified. Even worse, it's a rural area and several of my family members heard the story from the LEOs before even seeing me. I got teased a lot for that one.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 10:45 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
Auto correct on my cell phone
ok - now i get it - it was supposed to be "Best Regards,". ha ha!

autocorrect can be its own thread!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 03:23 PM  
Judy W.

Maryland Mom, add me to the laughers! Great story, and I'm glad you got the job. You certainly deserved it after going to such trouble!

By the way, my first car was also a 63 Rambler, handed down from my Mom when she upgraded to something a little more reasonable. It was the butt of much laughter among my friends, but it sure got us all where we wanted to go! It was so lowly that it actually was kind of classy.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 03:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'll play!

What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
I'm not usually one for comedies, but I'm partial to the Christopher Guest trilogy:
Waiting for Guffman, Best In Show, and A Mighty Wind. No matter how many times I've seen them they've never failed to make me really, really laugh.

What’s your greatest pet peeve?
I have many but rudeness, in all its forms, stands out.

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
My husband, and sources of food and fresh water.

Describe your fantasy vacation.
Well this summer we are going to Santorini, which should fulfill my fantasy vaca goals (someplace warm and relaxing while retaining a sense of ancient history and beautiful architecture).

How do you celebrate your birthday?
Minimally. It's never been a big deal to me.

What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
Well...it's another pantyhose story lol. Some years ago I was at a recital at a large, well-attended concert hall. (My husband was performing, among other musicians.) At one point I was up and about, assisting with one thing or another and, unbeknownst to me, static cling got the better of my wardrobe and my dress rode up entirely, exposing my naked backside to many hundreds of people. And it must've been at least 20-30 minutes until someone came to tell me. Not my favorite memory, lol.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions