Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-07, 08:00 AM  
jbear

About me:

Where were you born? North Carolina but I've lived in Nova Scotia, Canada for most of my life!

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? I plan to get an inspire fitness home gym!!! Just discovered them last week locally.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Nothing much but I have two weeks in a row off at the end of June - haven't ever (I don't think) taken two full weeks off in a row!!

What is one thing you love about VF? Having a place to go to ask for advice. Plus, everyone is just so nice, understanding, and helpful - the people here aren't catty like at other message boards.
jbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:03 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL
My newest interest: Tae Kwon Do. Thanks to the great advice of my fellow VFers 2 weeks ago, I decided to continue to persue my blackbelt. I've now incorporated more back and hip exercises to strengthen those areas to hopefully prevent more injuries. Through TKD I've discovered 1. That even though I consider myself advanced, I defnitely have a lot of room to grow athletically and 2. There is this whole group of martial arts people out there who are in phenomenal shape! My master instructors bodies are like rocks and the control they have over their bodies is incredible!

Thanks,
Linda
Linda, not to hijack the thread, but how long were you away? I have been thinking of this lately. I was at high red when I quit, which in our school was one belt below 'temp black' which then allows us to take all of the rigorous black belt training for our true black. I have often regretted not continuing, but we moved SO far from the school, and I did not want to study under a different Master. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, and I have been feeling, after the X, LOL, that I might want my black to be my next challenge! Still on the fence though, as it takes a LOT of discipline and with 3 business and my own training, I hesitate to take this on again.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:07 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear
What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? I plan to get an inspire fitness home gym!!! Just discovered them last week locally.
Checked this out, HAD to of course, LOL. Wow, that is a pricey piece of equipment!! Must be very well made.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Where were you born? Tokyo, Japan

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? CrossFit, advanced bodyweight exercises, olympic lifting, and Wii. And I agree that the BOSU Sport is a great toy. If you have older, slow-tempo step tapes lying around, it gives them new life.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Getting Blaire ready for kindergarten (in a brand-new school!) will probably be the major doin's.

What is one thing you love about VF? The supportive community. You can talk about practically any form of exercise and not get ridiculed.

(Happy Birthday, Laura!)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:21 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Born: Ridley Park PA (a suburb of Philadelphia)

New toy: DDR! I got this for my birthday last month and my whole family is addicted. I got 2 more games for Mother's Day.

Summer: No plans this year; we are still paying for last year's splurge. We took all 3 kids on a National Park tour of southern Utah and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We will probably spend some time at the beach, even if it is just day trips.

Love about VF: Along with learning about all kinds of new fitness related gadgets and trends, I have learned about all kinds of unrelated things. Copypod comes to mind, a great way to back up your iPod, which we did right before my iPod died. I was very grateful to VF!

Happy Birthday Laura!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:37 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Where were you born?
Boston, MA

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?
hm... I love the Squeeze I just got... and also my Fluidity barre. I've been donig the same-old for a while now though.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?
Taking a 10 day vaccation to the beach in Italy with friends.
Teaching a Spanish Int. class here
Hopefully will be able to write the first chapter of my dissertation.

What is one thing you love about VF?
Always something going on here, and I can find people all sympathetic to my fitness interests (and video interests!). Also, I love the diversity of people and opinions. Love my Check-in... it's a very supportive place (my check-in and VF in general).
Old 05-14-07, 08:39 AM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

Where were you born?

Small town Alberta - right near the Saskatchewan border

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?

I discovered gliding earlier in the year and absolutely love it, but my newest fitness toy will be my step when it arrives this week. Add to that the high step I scored in a trade and I am in for a fun workout summer!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?

I plan to do alot of camping and hiking this summer. I have about 40 pounds to lose and I hope to melt alot of it off this summer - so I'll be around looking for motivation and new workout recs!

What is one thing you love about VF?

I love the motivation I find here. It isn't everywhere that you can find people who feel the same way about fitness videos as I do.

Starting over is never easy...

***That's Abner, my crazy Bassador (Bassett/Lab) in my avatar***
ziggy2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:45 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Laura! Cool thread!

Born in Springfield, OH

Newest fitness toy is my FlowBar!

Summer plans are mini-trips. The first to oldest son's house in Waldorf, MD to help build a swingset for the grandsons. The next to Arkansas to visit friends & pick up a pickup load of cool rocks to use on our house. Who knows what else we'll do.

One thing I love about VF is it feels like family!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:51 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Where were you born? Owatonna, Minnesota

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? I have so many toys! But my newest one is a fluidity bar. I haven't used it enough to be passionate about it.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? No big plans. Just relaxation, gardening (I'm expanding my gardening space, and bought some self-watering planters to make the task easier), and I also hope to divest myself of a lot of 'stuff' that I don't need: I'm in major need of improved Feng Shui !

What is one thing you love about VF? Only one? Hmmmm....that there is someplace I can go where people won't look at me (even virtually!) like I'm some kind of freak when I tell them I have over 200 workout videos.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 08:52 AM  
gettingstrong

Born Eden, NY

New Fitness: Not really new, but I am still loving my revmaster which I purchased last year (and for that $, I better still love it)

Summer plans: get back to some weight training so I can start a p90x rotation. I purchased it back in Jan., but have been so busy I haven't been able to commit to it. Plus, now I have to do some strength training again before I even attempt it. I also want to do nothing! Maybe read some books. I have been so busy for months now.

VF: What can I say? I love VF. I love that there are new people, but even more that there are posters here that have been a part of vf for years. I hate when forums change over every 6 mos. I know people here understand me and dont think I am "psycho" Marnie
gettingstrong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions