Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-23, 07:50 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
CS/Essentrics Full Body Workout 1 with Miranda solo on the beach (I wonder what year this was?) -- I don't know why I don't do this one more, I think it was one of her best! Her cueing is great, she doesn't stop much for "instruction", the waves crashing into her, the music, the beach, and it's standing, barre, and floor in 55 mins. A winner!
Lori, is this a DVD or streaming? It sounds nice!!!
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 02:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Yesterday I did Gilad's The 60 & 30 Minute Low Impact Workouts: 60 Minute Workout (63 min.). Great workout! It felt like a mix of CS (unweighted toning) and Leslie (walking cardio), and quite challenging to be honest! I had to take a couple of breathers during the abs segment. I wish Gilad had a complete hour-long walking workout only!! // As a site note, I remember that the first time I did the arms segment, I couldn't do all the arm circles, I was able to do the whole thing w/o break yesterday thanks to Miranda!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 04:09 PM  
donnamp

AsSweetAsSugar -I just love Gilad!! I wonder if I have this one? I will have to check.

I have been re-visiting Yoga Booty Ballet this week - the Lives and then I did Basic today - those came out in 2003/2004 - hard to believe - 20 years old!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 04:16 PM  
Gams

I love it when Gilad says “project your buttocks backwards !”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 05:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
AsSweetAsSugar -I just love Gilad!! I wonder if I have this one? I will have to check.

I have been re-visiting Yoga Booty Ballet this week - the Lives and then I did Basic today - those came out in 2003/2004 - hard to believe - 20 years old!!

Donna
Donna, please, check and report back // YBB sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I love it when Gilad says “project your buttocks backwards !”
He always makes me smile with that phrase!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 04:48 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Cathe's Mega Step Blast. Strangely, my dvd player has been acting up. Good thing I still have some VHS tapes

I haven't done step regularly in a long time (I realized it was one of the causes of my headaches) and now I'm trying to get back into it, but only in small doses, 15-20 minutes at a time. Cathe's old workouts were divided up nicely so there are breaks at good intervals.
Old 01-07-24, 05:21 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been doing a test week of P90X (2004). I'm going to start my modified rotation tomorrow.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-24, 12:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Still doing P90X (so very modified, LOL!)

My favorite is Chest & Back. This is such a solid workout and easy to modify the exercises.

I really enjoy the basic stuff. It is easier to focus on the exercise.

I'm not doing pull-ups yet. But, I have so many options to work up to them.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-24, 04:36 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Jane Fonda Step and Stretch - on VHS. It's "dated", lots of whooping, hollering, and clapping, but I was a little draggy this morning and wanted a party-in-a-box type of workout.
Old 01-20-24, 09:14 AM  
fatkat555

I just did a workout from 2003! It was called Pumping Rubber SPRI with Keli Roberts as the lead. Keli’s instruction was excellent and overall it was a great workout. She does a shoulder strengthening move that I’ve only seen in PT-type situations. Overall, I’m glad I have this one.

Warning: For those who like good production value, you’ll be disappointed. The setting looks like they set up in a random gym at the wall. Because of this, the audio is echoey and hard to hear. When Keli comes to the floor to stretch, I couldn’t understand a word, but I didn’t turn up my volume either which could’ve helped AND I’m losing my hearing as I age.

This clocks in at about 30 minutes with no impact. I’d rate this beginner/low intermediate which is perfect for me right now. I’ll repeat this workout just for the shoulder work alone.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts