Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Exchange > Exchange Rules & Tips

Old 03-03-06, 07:08 PM  
lissalaurel76

That's a good one. I'll actually edit my post above yours & put the list in my 1st post so its easy to see as soon as somebody opens the thread.
Old 03-03-06, 08:41 PM  
heathert

SASE tips

Just a tip to the very generous people who offer their videos for SASE. If the package weighs more than 16 oz. and you send it from your mailbox because it already has the postage on it, it will be returned to you(if it has your return address) due to security regulations. I guess you need to bring it to the PO. This happened to a package that I received today that I had sent for a SASE but I always put my return address on the envelope so the sender doesn't have to. Otherwise, it would have been returned to her. Thanks to all for the generosity and the tips.

Heather
heathert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 09:02 PM  
lissalaurel76

I actually had my postal person take a package today & have done it lots of times. I think it may be at the whim of your local post office, I guess. So, it just goes back to putting the same name on the return addy as the ship to addy.
Old 03-05-06, 08:29 AM  
jenc0629

Also, I received some SASE's with dated postage from the post office. When I brought it to my post office they told me that they aren't supposed to mail them with dated postage.
Old 03-05-06, 09:47 AM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I just have to pop in with an emphasis on padded envelopes and packaging that doesn't allow items to crash into each other. Some years ago, I bought Cathe's CTX from someone, who just dumped all six videos into a plain envelope. Two of them arrived damaged; I had to replace the case on one because it was just shattered. It played fine after the replacement, but I felt that I had to offer it as an SASE when I decided that trade the series. The person I bought them from was a VF mod, so I figured I really didn't have any recourse, so I didn't bother.
Old 03-05-06, 07:47 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc0629
Also, I received some SASE's with dated postage from the post office. When I brought it to my post office they told me that they aren't supposed to mail them with dated postage.
What do you mean, like metered postage ? From like a home postage meter ?

ETA : Molly, I'll update the list with your tip.
Old 03-06-06, 01:20 PM  
lissalaurel76

Mods, could this be stickied in the Exchange Rules forum or something ?
Old 03-06-06, 04:12 PM  
roz

May I add one more request?
Please let the sender know you have received the package. I have requested this in the past and sometimes people let me know, but usually they don't. This has been a little frustrating because I once added a bonus video to a SASE requiring me to add more postage. When I got to the PO, the scale had been removed and I was not totally sure that I had put enough postage on (although I tried to overestimate). Have no idea if the recipient got the SASE.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 07:32 PM  
jenc0629

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76
Maybe that's it. I'm not sure exactly what it's called but the metered postage from the post office with the time and date stamp and city. I had gotten a sase like that and I brought it to my post office to give them to mail and she said they don't normally take dated postage. Not sure why.
Old 03-06-06, 08:11 PM  
ellens2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc0629
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76
Maybe that's it. I'm not sure exactly what it's called but the metered postage from the post office with the time and date stamp and city. I had gotten a sase like that and I brought it to my post office to give them to mail and she said they don't normally take dated postage. Not sure why.
My PO said they aren't supposed to do that because the metered mail has a date and location it was mailed from and that info needs to match.
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, mail, sase, trade courtesy