Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-15, 01:02 PM  
Shelbygirl

Best Place To Sell Workout DVDs?

Where is the best place to sell workout DVDs?

I have Cathe's STS 36 disk set that I bought ages ago. I was so excited to get it, yet there it sits in its UPS box, with all three sets still in shrinkwrap. It bothers me every time I see the box so I think it might be time to try to sell it. I just don't see myself doing that type of rotation anymore; my attention seems to have shrunk over the last few years .

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks,
Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 02:19 PM  
san4850

Best suggestion I can offer is try ebay.

Like you, I bought this set when it first came out, and it sat in the box, still in the original shrinkwrap. With newer workouts that got released in the meantime advertising shorter workout times, I decided I'm probably never going to have at least an hour a day to devote to this, and ended up selling it on ebay. Amazon wouldn't even buy it, and mine came with the user guide. Mine sold for about 30% of what I originally paid for it, and I bought it during the first presale wave, which was the lowest price Cathe's company offered it at.

It's not that I was afraid to try it, as I've done P90x. But due to time constraints, I couldn't afford to spend the hour per day the workouts required. I was even searching for a thread to see if anyone made suggestions as to how to shorten the workouts (like doing fewer sets, or whatever) to about no more than 30-40 minutes. I can afford about an hour for a workout, but only on the weekend or a holiday. During the week, I work full time and am away from home for approx. 12 hours (including an hour commute to AND from home). I figured it wasn't worth keeping, Cathe has shorter workout series, so I just sold it and took a loss. I figure it was better to try to get some money out of it, rather than donate it to charity and get nothing from it, other than a "thank you" from the charity.
san4850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 02:37 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Honestly, I hate ebay with its fees and then you get hit again from PayPal!..
For selling fitness DVDs I've found the Yaya board http://firmbelivers.yuku.com/forums/19 to be the best option! Someone is always looking for what you're selling!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 03:59 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Ya Yas works well. I've also sold on Amazon but i don't think you can do big sets any more. You can also try Craigslist.

I always smirk at these threads....fishing. Someone will probably pm you just for mentioning it here.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 05:06 PM  
IceQueen07

I have never used yaya boards. Is there a specific place I need to go to see what is for sale or for where I want to sell?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 06:37 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by san4850 View Post
... rather than donate it to charity and get nothing from it, other than a "thank you" from the charity.
I get quite a tax deduction from donations to charity. It all adds up.
Old 01-09-15, 08:42 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I get quite a tax deduction from donations to charity. It all adds up.
Whenever I try to sell something, my husband always says to just donate it because the amount I get from selling it will be about the same as the deduction I would get from donating it. He thinks it is just not worth the time. Most of the time I agree but sometimes I just want to see actual money in my hand instead of the invisible money saved in taxes.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 06:44 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have sold on Amazon for quite a long time and overall I have had good luck with it. I have been able to get rid of a lot of unwanted items and while overall I have lost money because I have sold things for much less than I bought them for at least I was able to get some of it back. O list them on the low end, simply because I want to get rid of it. It has become a little bit of a pain though, some items you can't list anymore unless you are a "qualified" seller or whatever the term they use. I have grown a little tired of it but my inventory isn't very big anyway. I don't sell as much as I used to simply because my DVD buying is way down, which is a good thing.

Lately I have taken some things to Half Price books, you don't get much but you get rid of things fast that way, unless they don't want them. Usually the things that don't move on Amazon end up there. Or items that aren't worth much on Amazon.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 03:27 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Yes I still check the Yayas board for sales!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 05:05 PM  
IceQueen07

How do you get approved for the yaya board. It keeps saying that membership is pending Its been like three days. Any ideas?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
selling dvds, vf roost