Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-13, 05:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Amazon Whine

I've been selling a few used DVDs and video games on Amazon after a major purge of my collection (and my son's collection). I sold a Kathy Smith DVD (I believe it was the Staying Strong DVD); it played fine on my DVD player, but I no longer used it.

My buyer emailed this afternoon, complaining that the DVD wouldn't work on her player. I immediately refunded her money, sending a note that I was sorry that the DVD didn't work, that it was from my personal collection and had worked on my DVD player, but that sometimes DVDs wouldn't play on certain players. I didn't ask her to send it back or anything.

Look at the feedback that she left on my account:

COMPLETE RIPOFF!!!! DVD did not work, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!!!!!

I am so angry I could spit. What more does this woman want me to do - Buy her a new DVD player so this video will play on it????

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 05:54 PM  
amoodygirl

I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm not surprised. I'm finding that people are either scammers, bottom feeders or just plain unreasonable these days so I no longer sell on Amazon or eBay.

I had sold a bunch of brand new, unexpired facial products on eBay a while back and noted each and every expiration date on the listing. The buyer, a zero feedback buyer, upon receipt, immediately filed a claim against me stating that the items were used and expired. Long story short, eBay found in my favor because she refused to send back the items (per eBay's policy). She left scathing, nasty feedback which was later removed by eBay. I emailed her and asked her if the items were not as described as you stated, why not send them back? eBay even sent her a postage-paid label. She NEVER responded to me.

Afterwards, I tracked the buyer after this upsetting fiasco and she was doing this to one seller after another but I was lucky enough to be the first. She was kicked off eBay and obviously never refunded.

I'm done. It's only going to be trading or donating items from now on for me.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 08:11 PM  
vigirl

Sorry this happened!

The samething happened to me - a disc that played perfectly fine didn't play on the buyer's dvd. I sent numerous email responses to her but somehow she never got them and threatened to leave negative feedback. Finally, I think I sent her an actual snail mail to her shipping address printing all of my written responses to her. And she replied back. Probably she had a typo in her email address.

All this time I communicated with Amazon seller customer service. Plus they have a record of all your communications. They even suggest that people not leave feedback until they've first communicated with the seller.

And I said I will only refund if she ships the DVD back to me! I think that's only fair.

Anyhoo, after I got the DVD back, I found a big oily smudge on the back and it played fine after I cleaned it. Who knows who touched it with an oily finger!

My point: you did nothing wrong. I'm not sure if feedback is modifiable. Otherwise Amazon can do it for you. And ask for you DVD back!!! It may not seem worthwhile but it's the fair way.
vigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 08:18 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

That is really nasty of the buyer to leave that feedback after you refunded her and didn't even ask for the DVD back. It might help to write a reply indicating that you gave a refund.

These types of transactions with buyers who are dishonest, crazy, or both, are why I stopped selling things online.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 08:42 PM  
mtnmom

I can completely relate. I had the same thing happen to me. She never removed her feedback, and Amazon was no help. They had all the records of emails and refunds, yet they said they would not remove the feedback. She never did.

I didn't sell much on Amazon and had about 12 feedback at the time, but probably 40 sales. One negative really brought my total score down -- so much that I no longer sell there.

She screwed me, that's for sure.
Old 06-23-13, 05:00 AM  
PhyllisG

You should write a reply if you haven't already. Point out that you did not ask for the item back and you did give her a refund.
I had one strange experience on amazon where I sold a barre workout without the ball which I clearly stated. The buyer complained there was no ball. I pointed out that I had stated that in the description. We think exchanged printouts from amazon and mine stated no ball but her's did not. We pondered that discrepancy and I gave her a few dollars off and she gave me positive feedback. I think she was being truthful and I can't figure out why the descriptions were different.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 06:02 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have grown tired of selling too. I haven't had anything like this happen to me (yet!). I have a small stack of DVDs that aren't moving that I just took the listings down. I suppose I could just trade them in even though I won't get much for them. Either that or donate or trade!

It has worked for me for a number of years but I don't really want to do it anymore, and it has become a nuisance.

Sorry to hear this happened to you...I would reply to the bad feedback like the others have been saying. It might help.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 06:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thanks all ~ it's sad to see that so many of us have had similar things happen while selling on Amazon or EBay. I don't understand what's wrong with folks who act like that, but I will say I don't think that sort of thing happened as often even 5 years ago. This may be the last time I list stuff for sale on Amazon - I'm thinking it just isn't worth the headache.

I did respond to her feedback, explaining the situation to anyone who bothers to read that sort of thing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 07:18 AM  
PhyllisG

I always read the buyer feedback especially when it is negative. The seller responses are interesting. So many times it was not the seller's fault at all but the PO being slow. I have also read comments like they didn't like the book/DVD for some reason that has nothing to do with the seller.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 08:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yikes, Carol, that is awful!

I gave up on selling years ago. I hardly even trade anymore. People are insane!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, selling dvds