Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-21, 11:52 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Tues: PT appointment, 60 min. step while watching Survivor

Waves to all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 07:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished:

Chris Freytag Fight Cellulite Fast - 60min.

This DVD is one that Chris did for Prevention. Excellent workout! About 45min of cardio followed by 15 min of strength, mostly lower body. I have several of Chris' Prevention dvds but didn't have this one. Yesterday, we took some of our furniture to Goodwill and naturally I had to check out their DVD section and came across this gem. They had some Jillian, SBF and Lindsay Brin pregnancy DVDs but I passed on those. I am super happy though with Chris' DVD that I got. The workout was fun, energetic and time flew. Now I'm thinking about checking out another Goodwill store that's on my way from work to see what they have.

Yesterday I took a rest day from formal exercise. With new furniture coming in, I got sucked into doing some long overdue cleaning and clearing out my closet. Nowadays, I have to pace myself but I still was beat by the end of the day.

I have to go to the office today. Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 10-06-21, 09:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I took a walk w/ my Golden - did I ever mention the Addams Family in our neighborhood? Anyway, walked past their house and I think they have moved or are moving...which is not a bad thing, LOL!

Today I did:

Ellen - Power and Balance
Blessful Body - Love Your Core - Workout # 1 - TA

I'm dealing with an SI flare. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I need to give up Pahla B. Last week I did three of her workouts and ended up here. It seems to be a theme if I look back over my workout log - I do Pahla B - I end up doing a lot of SI joint rehab. I don't know what it is about her workouts that flare that area for me. I suspect it is probably b/c I have some weakness somewhere - probably in my glutes - that doesn't enable me to execute the movements properly and ends up engaging muscles that shouldn't be engaged. Anyway - looking for relief and rehab.

Dana - that is a good routine! I agree, some of that housework - deep cleaning, decluttering/re-organizing does necessitate a day off from a formal workout.

How was PT, Brenda?

Carol - I'm glad you are getting so much use out of Trifecta! I think once my JV ends or when she opens membership again I may do either a month or 6 months. I like her calm presentation, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 05:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
- did I ever mention the Addams Family in our neighborhood? Anyway, walked past their house and I think they have moved or are moving...which is not a bad thing, LOL!
Donna, I'm sorry to hear abouy your SI joint flaring up again. I hope you find relief soon. I don't remember you mentioning the Addams Family in your neighborhood and would love to hear more!
Old 10-06-21, 06:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Walk At Home - Beginner Classic 2 Mile with Bands/ Steel City Series DLCC2 - 30 minutes;
This is from the new of set workouts that Walk At Home has produced - attractive setting, almost all new crew. I didn't even hear the name of the guy that led the workout - I liked him even though he had trouble staying on the beat and 8 beat phrasing was a novel concept to him. However, in fairness to him, it was the first workout I've ever seen him lead, so maybe he was nervous. Despite his mess ups, I enjoyed the workout, and would do it again. He had some new to Leslie moves that I thought worked pretty well.

Trifecta Pilates - Day 10 - Center Connection Flow - 30 minutes
I did this combo on Sunday, I believe. It was good. No music on Beth's workouts, which is good. Music on pilates workouts messes me up.

I'd like to try to add on some weight work - probably onto Friday's workout, because I have a Finance Committee meeting tomorrow afternoon, which will make me get home late. I'm thinking about trying Kaleigh Cohen's 15 Minute Total Upper Body workout. She has a lot of 15 minute to 30 minute strength workouts, and doesn't move too fast.

Our teacher has turned the corner and is feeling much better.

Donna - Yes, I remember you having an SI flare the last time you did a few of Pahla's workouts. I wonder if it's all the knees up that she does. Doctor Jo's YouTube channel has a few short videos on rehabbing SI pain, plus if you find a routine you like, you can purchase a PDF of the exercises for generally under $5. Do tell us more about the Addams Family! I don't think I've heard this story.

Dana - I think I would have skipped the Lindsey Brinn pregnancy DVDs too, although I have a couple of Suzanne Bowen's pregnancy DVDs and do them from time to time.

Waves Brenda. I think I would probably miss the step if I tried to watch Survivor and step at the same time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 07:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

It definitely could be the high knees that do me in - but I think Pahla has to be put the side for now - which is a shame b/c sometimes I'm in the mood for her bubbly personality. I suppose I could listen to her podcasts and walk or ride the exercise bike....

So - the Addams family - our neighborhood is weird - let's just say that. We have people who are lawn obsessed, people who are nosey and always looking out their windows to see what is going on, etc. But the Addams family is an interesting family. They bought a house one street over - they had questionable taste in decor like a skull shaped chair that was outside their garage. Over the years, the yard just became more and more overgrown - and the house more and more shabby looking - they have several kids who run around the neighborhood and they have a dog, a Pit Bull named Morticia! One night when we were walking our Golden, their young son - probably 7 or so, was walking Morticia who is a Pit Bull and strong - she was rushing over to our dog, and of course, the 7 year old couldn't control her. I didn't want to get into it - just in case the dogs didn't get along - so I just turned around and went the other way to avoid a confrontation. But they were an interesting family - I'm glad I didn't live close to them! Yesterday I walked by their house and the skull chair was gone, the yard was cleaned up and it looks like they are having the front porch repaired. So I can only assume they have moved. In the yard, which has now been stripped of the forest of weeds there were a lot of watermelons...like rinds...really weird. I guess they ate the watermelon on the porch and threw the rinds into the weed forest???

Anyway - that is them - I wish them luck wherever they went! LOL!

Donna
Old 10-06-21, 07:22 PM  
donnamp

p.s. The Walk at Home sounds interesting!! Will have to check it out...

maybe a walking/Pilates/weight rotation will be a good fit for me...

Donna
Old 10-06-21, 07:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna lol, what a story! And the frosting on that weird cupcake, the watermelon rinds! I am gonna echo Carol's rec of Dr. Jo for some rehab. I am sorry to hear it flared up.

Carol what I have previewed of Trifecta I have liked her beginner videos. I'm hoping to figure out a way to add a few here and there of hers and Mira's in my current rotation. I always feel better when I make sure to include gentle videos.

Dana I drink regular old Folgers and love football too. I may have to go wildin' and try that gourmet blend.

Brenda are you happy with your PT?

Pam I did one of Mira's hip mobility and it was instructed perfectly. It had some challenging moves but she offered those as progressions. Definitely things to work towards! I am going to try one of her flow workouts this evening.

Yesterday was a kettlebell core and conditioning workout plus a hip mobility from Flow with Mira.
Today was Sandry Pilates for Flat Abs #3 & supercharged abs and Taebo basic live #9. I have been so happy with the Sandry set. I love how she splashes stretches amongst the exercises. The Taebo #9 is where Billy's mic dies mid- workout and Shellie has to take over. They scroll an announcement onscreen that his sweat killed the mic

Happy Wednesday night to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 09:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Dana I drink regular old Folgers and love football too. I may have to go wildin' and try that gourmet blend.
Linda, and everyone else that i may have confused. Folgers coffee that I drink is just a regular Gourmet Supreme blend that I buy from whoever has it on sale. I used to drink it straight up, but when they've raised the price, I was mad and I've started mixing it 2:1. Two measures of Classic Blend (which was cheaper) to one of Gourmet Supreme. I started mixing it out of principle in protest of the price increase, but then I've found that I liked the taste as well as the savings.

I just want to report that Ollie loves the new lay-z-boy chair of mine/his! If it was easier to attach pictures here I would have attached some of my Olliver sleeping away on "his" new chair.
Old 10-06-21, 09:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna, too funny about your Addams Family neighbors. I guess most of us has one of those (even if not exactly same) families in our neighborhoods. I can understand your relief if they've moved. I have a neighbor, otherwise OK, whose whole life revolves around his Harley Davidson. Yet, this is not "that kind of neighborhood" so to speak. I could go on and on about his inconsiderate behavior but I won't waste my time. No love lost here.