Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-21, 12:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Paine - I was never a Stones fan, but I also love The Doobies & The Eagles. I often use their music in my Essentrics playlists.

Pat - That’s hilarious about your friend & the album cover! I loved your FB pics of your visit to A Place Called Hope.

Beth - I hope your week goes well. Your upcoming course sounds very interesting, you’ll have to give us a review! I wish I had a spot for a tv stand, but I need to clear out my studio completely for my classes. I even have a fold down desk on hinges. I like to just watch Essentrics videos occasionally to make notes for my class & it’s much easier at a desk.

I’m working on a new class & playlist for tomorrow, back later with today’s workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 01:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, we have a flat screen TV mounted high up on the wall in our bedroom. No TV stand required. That might be an option in your studio.
I wasn't a Stones fan until I saw them live in concert when I was 17 or 18. I saw the Doobie Brothers and also the Eagles live in concert during the 70's and they both were wonderful!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 01:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Paine - We saw the Doobies about 20 years ago & they were really good! I do have a tv up on the walk but find I’m craning my neck during mat work, especially with yin yoga. For that reason & with traveling & the high shipping fees to Canada, I got into downloads & streaming on my laptop. And I like to sit at my desk and make notes for my classes while I watch. So I think the external player will be a good investment.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-04-21, 07:03 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I finished Essentrics Body Sculpting Series volume 2 with Amanda Cyr's Full Body Strengthening Workout. My apologies to the Essentrics folks for my comment in yesterday's post -- I misread the DVD case and thought they had mixed up the names of the routines, and they did not. Anyway, I ended up enjoying Amanda's routine a lot. All three routines on the DVD were actually pretty good, and I'm realizing I need to mix up my weight training with workouts like these. So BSS2 gets to stay on the Active shelf! I got in another long (1.5-hour) outdoor walk as well.

I can't say I've attended very many rock concerts, but I did see Elton John at the Oakland Coliseum when I was in college, and Bruce Springsteen very early in his career at an auditorium in Oakland. I even saw the Pointer Sisters (all four of them) perform in a bar in Berkeley right when they were starting to become famous!

Pat58: Re all those taters, in the past I've just cooked them in the microwave. However, I have an air fryer now so I'll have to experiment!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Tracey Mallett’s Fuse Dance Cardio Melt - I did the first 15 min of cardio. It didn’t feel quite right for my hip so I bailed. I liked it though so will revisit it later
~15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~Flow With Mira (YT): Day 1 of her 5 day posture series - This was very nice, not a workout though, a lot of breath work & stretching
~MELT: Hip Pain Map - Started with a lovely foot treatment and worked its way up.

Sandra - No need to apologize! BSS2 is a good DVD, I quite like all three workouts. Potatoes are one of my favourite things to do in my air fryer.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 10-05-21, 07:27 AM  
cyana

Flying by for a post and run (I'll let you visualize whether you think I'm on or off the broom today ) -

Monday:
Holden streaming live class 10.4.2021

Nice class - healing sounds, gentle flows. It was a nice wind-down to end the day.

Busy week, but so far, manageable. I did about 15 minutes of various thrown together exercises primarily on the stability ball first thing this AM - will try to list those out when I have a few moments to spare.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 10:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation practice)

Sandra, I saw Elton John and also Bruce Springsteen in concert several times in the 70's and their concerts were some of my favorites--I loved them.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 10:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday was very low key, napping and resting. In the afternoon I accomplished Lee Holden's Qigong for Healthy Joints and Bones.

I love so many bands and have seen tons of concerts. Ozzy with his own bands and Black Sabbath are my favorites, but the best shows of other bands are Santana, Roger Waters, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Eric Clapton with Robert Cray, Buddy Guy and Audioslave. Metallica eight times I think but I'm burned out on them. And of course, the Stones in 1975.

Best cover band - Rain. Must see for all Beatles fans!

Waves everyone, I'm inundated after my day off.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 07:56 PM  
YogaGal

Unfortunately, life got in the way in September. A family member was in the hospital for a couple of days (but doing fine now), we were busy getting information and documents together for a refinance of our house (lowering our interest rate and payment), and then busy grading at work while answering a lot of questions from a new employee who works with me at the Reference Desk. Also, a couple of minor house repairs to help DH with.

So, I started off September getting back on track after a crazy summer, then got off track mid-month, but by the 20th I was back to getting in regular almost daily workouts.

I've been doing Jessica Workouts this week with a mix of yoga from RaviAna, Kassandra, and Sarah Beth. Hoping to enjoy an outdoor bike ride this weekend.

For checking in, I’m going with Karen Jo’s “non-zero” policy which reminds me of a quote from an cookbook author I follow, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, who said “Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.”

Hopefully October will be smooth sailing. I am getting in more yoga and doing the 4-7-8 breath exercise when I need it.

Pam: Glad to hear that your BIL is doing better.

Waves to everyone!
Old 10-05-21, 08:26 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Another busy day here, but I did manage to film a new meditation practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvsr3N3Sm7c&t=5s

I also just booked flights to visit my family for Thanksgiving; hopefully there won't be any covid or other issues!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote