Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-21, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Probably the same for today.

PENGUIN, good job getting back into it. That's interesting about the peppermint tea but not sure I could go without a little caffeine in the morning.

CAMBET, nice work getting your step breaks into your day. The heating pad helped but then I woke up again this morning with the soreness back. I can't sleep with the heating pad, too uncomfortable. I guess I'll keep trying it during the day when I can.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 06:30 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, mostly due to excessive work I didn't get in formal workout, but I did do parts of CH Elite: Rope & Ride throughout the day to make it to 250 steps/hour. Our Chinese program had a Moon Festival in the evening, which was scheduled to be outside but got moved inside because of the rain (and it wasn't really a festival inside, just lots of food available and lots of conversation). I went mostly to rep my dept as chair and because I didn't think it would be well attended, so I wanted to be a supportive body there, but to my surprise it was very well attended. I was glad that I went because the two faculty in the Chinese program let me know how much they appreciated me being there and I didn't have to make dinner. I fell asleep a couple of hours after I got home, before I could get in a formal workout.

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk. Sleeping with the heating pad does not tend to bother me. I put it on the lowest setting and then tuck it into my pajama bottoms and under my pajama top so that it will stay in place more or less in the small of my back. It cuts itself off after 3 hours, so I don't have to worry about it burning me. It's like having a heated lower back massage while I sleep. I hope your back starts to feel better soon.

Waves to All!
Old 09-22-21, 07:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk

Not sure what I'll do today. The weather is iffy, my sister is visiting later and I may just rest my back with the heating pad this morning.

CAMBET, that's so good that you're getting steps in every hour even with your very busy schedule. Kudos. That was nice of you to support the Chinese program and you had a nice time to boot. Oh that's a good idea to tuck the heating pad into your pajamas. I was wondering how you managed to use it while you sleep.
I may give that a try. I used the Icy Hot a few times yesterday but the heating pad works the best.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-23-21, 06:57 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't get in a formal workout yesterday. Work was super busy, and then I have a proposal due today that I spent hours working on after I got home. I did make it to over 7,000 steps just with my daily routine. Maybe today will be the day I get back on track with my workouts.

SB - Good job with the walk! I considered taking a walk this morning, but it's currently 54 degrees and damp outside. I hope you had a good visit with your sister. Yeah, sometimes I also turn the heating pad up while I'm awake so that I can feel it get very warm, and then turn it down before I fall asleep and sometimes I'll use it on the next to last setting (and I appreciate that it will cut itself after 3 hours). After I tuck it in to my clothes I usually start out sleeping on my back to make sure it stays in place for a while though it usually doesn't move much when I roll over on my sides. I hope your back feels better soon!
Old 09-23-21, 07:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

So I used the heating pad yesterday morning and rested. It helped somewhat.
I may take one more rest day today with the heating pad. It's supposed to rain later on anyway.

CAMBET, good step count! Wow you're chillier down there than we are. The visit was fun with my sister.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 09-24-21, 08:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

43 minute outdoor walk

My back was sore but I managed a decent walk. I'm *thinking* there is a slight improvement in my back but it's so hard to tell when it's still so sore. Today is lovely after some fierce storms last night. Not sure if I'll be walking. I have a DMV appt today

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-24-21, 07:34 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So the cable saga continues. So for a month now we’ve been trying to get Xfinity to come out and fix our sagging cable, The computer that answers the phone keeps telling us that our cable is buried underground. We decided to do some work in the front yard, cutting down two overgrown bushes, only to find when the tech originally installed our cable in the front, running it around from the back, he ran it through a bush. The bush we cut down with a chainsaw. So now we definitely do not have cable/Internet. They are coming to fix it Tuesday. On the bright side I got to use a chainsaw for the first time :-). PS I didn’t cut the cable :-)

So I tried two workouts by Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Strength and Cardio Interval Burn, and I did about 20 minutes of each. The workouts are divided into 10 minute segments but each 10 minute segment is identical in exercise and music. I’m not sure what she was thinking. At any rate I’m donating both of them to Goodwill.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 07:46 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, so sorry to hear that you’re back it’s still bothering you. I hope the DMV appointment is short-lived. I feel you should take as many rest days as you need :-). I went to Walmart the other day to get a hot water bottle and the young employee I asked had never heard of one. Made me feel old.

Cambet , I am enjoying the peppermint tea, and hubby sweetens it with sugar and honey. I made A pitcher of cold sweet tea with a regular tea bag and two peppermint bags so we’ll see how that goes. I don’t mind a little pumpkin spice here and there when it gets to be a little further into fall, but I feel right now is just way too early. Especially since it’s still in the high 80s outside. The Chinese festival sounds like fun :-) I bet you were glad you had attended! I like food and conversation too :-).

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 07:06 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I got up yesterday and threw myself into getting ready for my first class and totally forgot to post.

Not much to report with workouts. Thursday I did parts of CH Elite: Rope & Ride to get my 250 steps/hour in. No other formal workout and I ended the day with over 6,000 steps.

Yesterday was a long day of preparing for class, then class, then a meeting, then class, then a couple of meetings (the first one was intense and the the second involved catching up with a friend, so that was nice ) and I got home late as was done for the day. I did make it to over 7,000 steps with no formal workout.

One of the Italy crew asked yesterday if I want to take a walk this weekend and catch up, so I do anticipate that I'll get a nice walk in at some point.

SB - I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough to get a walk in, but I also agree that there's nothing wrong with taking more rest days if you feel like you need the extra time to give your back a break. I'm glad to hear that you you think there may be even a slight improvement. I hope so! I hope your appt at the DMV went well.

Penguin - Wow, sorry to hear that the cable was hit while cutting down the bush with a chainsaw. Was glad to hear that you weren't the one who cut it. I'm not familiar with those M Dozois workouts, but I'm sorry to hear that you found them so unappealing that they both immediately went into the donate pile. I'm curious now so I'll have to check out clips. I have also avoided the pumpkin spice flavored everything so far cause it's just too early for me.

Waves to All!
Old 09-25-21, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

35 minute outdoor walk

I was going to rest another day but it was so gorgeous out I couldn't resist a short-ish walk. I do agree with you both that I probably should be resting it a little more though. I'm going to a local street fair with my friend today so maybe some light strolling will fit the bill. No comment on the DMV . I need to gather more paperwork and go back again. 'Nuf said. lol

PENGUIN, wow that's quite a saga with the cable. Sounds like using the chainsaw was a little therapeutic for you. I traded for that Michelle D. set years ago and I don't think I've ever used it. Yeah it's a whole different world out there with the younger generation. lol

CAMBET, great job with your step counts. I hope you get a nice walk with your friend this weekend and some much needed down time.

Have a wonderful day all!

Tags
vera laro