Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-17-21, 06:53 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, yesterday ended up being a bust for working out mostly because of work (I ended up working later than I had planned). I did manage to do parts of CH Wild Goose Chase during the day, but I unexpectedly fell asleep after dinner before I could finish it and make it to my step goal for the day.

SB - Good job fitting in the kb swings, though sorry it sounds like they may not have been good for your back. I took Advil night before last when I slept with the heating pad, but last night (after I got up from falling asleep on the sofa), I just used the heating pad and it seems to be helping with loosening things up. I hope it helps you too. Very interested in hearing about how your walk went with your new sneakers!

Waves to All!
Old 09-17-21, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today too.
I'm meeting my friend for lunch and the restaurant is on my route so I may combine the two.

CAMBET, I give you credit for getting steps in throughout your very busy day. I used the heating pad a lot yesterday and did take a couple of advil too. It did help yesterday but the pain is back today. I'll probably have to keep this regimen up for several days to get relief. Glad you're seeing improvement in your back pain.

The new sneakers were nice. They felt supportive and well made too so I'll keep them. In looking through my amazon cart I think I had meant to order the New Balance foam cushion sneakers but ordered the Altra by mistake. I don't feel like going through the hassle of exchanging them and they do seem like they'll work out but I need to me more careful next time.

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 05:36 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, yesterday was also a bust with working out. In the afternoon I taught, and then had back to back meetings. One of the Italy crew was having a couple of new faculty members over for snacks and drinks and everyone else (a small group) she invited bailed, so she kind of insisted that I come over at 6:00. I didn't leave the office until 5:20, and I told her that if I went home, I would likely collapse and not feel like coming back out, so she told me to come on over. So I did. We had a good time (though I didn't drink) and I stayed much later than planned. I was away from home from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm, so working out after I got in just wasn't happening.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm heading down to Atlanta in about an hour to spend the day with my family. My days have been so intense, so I think it'll be good to have a change of pace for a day and a half. I hope I don't come back exhausted (I won't get to see the twins, so I may actually get some sleep while I'm at my sister's house).

SB - Good job with your walk. It's always nice when walking can be functional too. I hope you had a good lunch with your friend. It was kind of funny, yesterday in between meetings it didn't look like I was going to make my 250 steps for the 3:00 hour so before I met with the student who was waiting I told him that I was going for a quick walk around the building to get in my Fitbit steps for the hour and I'd be back in about two minutes. He said, no problem, he would wait. My administrative assistant was surprised I did that and laughed (she's knows I'm insistent about getting in my steps!), but the meeting I had been in had been intense and it was a great way to clear my head and switch gears for the meeting with the student, so I thought it was fine. My back is feeling better (I'm still sleeping with the heating pad); I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing pain. Maybe like you said, it'll take a few days before you see real relief. Well, even though they weren't what you meant to order, it sounds like the new sneakers will work out, so that's good news!

Waves to All!
Old 09-18-21, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was a workout bust for me too.
I had some errands that took much longer than anticipated so by the time I was done I headed straight to meet my friend for late lunch/early dinner. I was going to walk to the restaurant and back but I was so late I had to drive and then I was done after all that. LOL. Possibly a walk today. I'm meeting up with my sister and nieces for a craft fair this afternoon so maybe that will be my walking. I'll see how it all plays out.

CAMBET, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time in Atlanta. You sure could use it. Good for you getting your steps in too. Sounds like you need that mentally as well as physically.

Have a great day!
Old 09-19-21, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hello!!

Just some strolling around the craft fair yesterday. Hope to get back to my usual walking routine today. It's a beautiful day.

Have a great day!
Old 09-19-21, 06:24 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG. IT WASN'T A RASH DESCISION WELL ACTUALLY IT WAS. I GOT A HEAT RASH ON MY UPPER ARM, I'M PRONE TO THEM IN SUMMER, BUT THEN SOMEHOW IT TRIGGERED ME BECOOMING ALLERGIC TO MY DEODERANT. THIS HAPPENS ALSO BUT SINCE I'VE BEEN USING THIS SAME BRAND, DEGREE, FOR YEARS IT DIDN'T OCCUR TO ME. WELL, DISPITE MY TRYING NOT TO SPREAD/SCRATCH IT, IT SPREAD DOWN MY ARM AND ACROSS MY CHEST. WITH A COMBO OF ALOE VERA GEL AND ANTI ITCH CREAM ITS FINALLY ALSOST GONE AND I FELT CONFIDENT ENOUGH FOR A SHORT WORKOUT TODAY. SO I BOUGHT TWO NEW DEODERANTS AND HAVE BEEN SWEITCHING OUT. ONE IS CALLED 'HELLO' AND SMELLS LIKE CUCUMBER BUT ITS VERY HARD TO PUT ON, IT FEELS VERY HARD AND i DON'T FEEL LIKE I'M GETTING A LOT. THE OTHER SMELLS LIKE ROSES, MY FAVORITE, AND IS CALLED 'LOVE BEAUTY AND PLANET'. ITS VEGAN, ALTHOUGH I'M NOT PLANNING ON EATING IT HA HA

SO TODAYS WORKOUT WAS TWO SHORT WORKOUTS BY IMPROVED HEALTH FOR A TOTAL OF ABOUT 30M.

CAMBET, SO SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE TIME IN ATLANTA

SB, WELL, IF YOU LIKE THE SNEAKERS IT SOUNDS LIKE A HAPPY MISTAKE TO ME.

ALL MY TIMERS FOR DINNER ARE GOING OFF SO I GUESS I'D BETTER GO TAKE CARE OF THEM.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 06:37 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

There were no workouts for me in the last couple of days, but I did have a great time in Atlanta and a great birthday. Saturday I got some rest at my sister's house and then that night I hung out with a friend. It was so nice to spend Sunday with my family; to start the day off my sister made us a special breakfast and then I thought just she and I were going to have lunch with my parents, but she also invited a few others, like my brother and her youngest son who I'm very close to, and there were balloons, cake, and ice cream, so we had a nice birthday celebration. We laughed a lot and had such a good time. I usually don't get to spend my birthday with my family since it's so close to the start of the school year and it's close to impossible to get away on a weekday, so having my birthday on a Sunday this year was just perfect. I'll get back to working out later today.

SB - Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes. I hope you enjoyed the time with your friend and with your sister and niece strolling around the craft fair. Sounds like you had great weather, so hope you were able to get in a walk yesterday!

Penguin - So glad to see you posting again, though your rash situation sounds awful! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Glad that you felt well enough for a short workout and hope you continue to see improvement with the rash clearing up. I've seen that Love, Beauty & Planet brand but did not realize that it is vegan. Sending healing vibes for continued relief!

Waves to All!
Old 09-20-21, 08:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today in this perfect late summer/early fall weather.
My back is still a little sore and achey.
I may need to use the heating pad again today.

PENGUIN, welcome back. Sorry you were dealing with such a persistent rash.
I tend to be allergic to fragrances and dyes in laundry detergent, perfumes, soaps and even some makeup so I have to be very careful in what products I choose. I hope this new deoderant works out well for you.
You don't have to do a workout to stop in and chat though as you know. At any rate it's good to have you back.

CAMBET, sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend!

My DD was away for the weekend and even though my DS doesn't live here he was away too with his gf so it was good I had some things planned with my friend and then sister and nieces. It was quiet yesterday though.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-20-21, 06:42 PM  
patchworkpenguin

CAMBET, GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY AND TRIP.

SB, MY MOM AND I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH DEODERANT BUT MY DAD HAS ISSUES WITH DEGERGENT. I'VE BEEN USING THAT DEODERANT FOR SO LONG I THOUGHT I WAS PAST ALL THIS BUT APPARENTLY NOT. I'M NOT SURE IF THE DODERANT CAUSED THE HEAT RASH OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND. GAH

TODAY I WAS ABLE TO TO A SLIGHTLY LONGER WORKOUT. i DID REPS TO THE RHYTHM'S 900S EASY POP WALK, 1200S WALK #43 AND 2400S HIIT WALK. I TRIED TO KEEP THEM SHORT SO IF I NEEDED TO STOP I COULD.

HUBBY DECIDED HE HAD TO GIVE UP CAFFINEE, HIS DR SUGGESTED HE TRY PEPPERMENT TEA. DR SAID IT WAKES UP THE BRAIN WITHOUT GIVING THE JOLT OF CAFFINEE. ITS FUNNY TO THINK OF COFFEE DEVOTED HUBBY DRINKING TEA BUT SO FAR ITS WORKING. SORT OF. ITS PRETTY GOOD WITHOUT NEEDING A LOT OF SUGAR.

THIS SET OF OFF DAYS IS GETTING CHILLY, HIGHS WILL BE LOW 70S AND LOWS IN THE 50S BUT THE NEXT WEEK THE TEMPS WILL RISE AGAIN. ;{

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 07:10 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

No formal workout for me yesterday, but I did do parts of CH Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day to make it to 250 steps/hour. I fell asleep before I could get in a formal workout, so I didn't make my step goal for the day. That's ok, today is another chance!

SB - Glad you were able to get in a walk and that the weather is cooperating! I was planning to take a walk this morning (since I'm working from home), but it's raining now and it's predicted to continue into the afternoon. Sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. My back didn't bother me at all in ATL, so I'm pretty sure the source of my problem is falling asleep back down on my unsupportive sofa. I hope the heating pad helps with finding some relief soon.

Penguin - It sounds like you're doing a good job of getting back into your workout routine. Hmm. . . I like the sound of peppermint tea (perhaps with a little sweetener). I may have to look into that, especially with the holidays around the corner (I know that everything is pumpkin flavored right now, but more peppermint flavored stuff will probably be available soon ).

Waves to All!

Tags
vera laro