Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-21, 10:25 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 10,010

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 12:50 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with a lower body dumbbell workout from Zanna. Hope you are having a great week!
Old 10-18-21, 05:37 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

We had rain last night! In droughtland! It's sunny today but a lot cooler. More rain predicted for the rest of the week. I hope this means the heatwave is finally over.

I delivered pancakes in Pacific Grove today (Biggest Loser blueberry) ad took a lovely walk by the ocean.

I was starving when I got back. Had lunch. Waiting for that to settle before I do anything else. Now that I've completed that Kettlebutt program, I think I'll re-introduce myself to barre, in aid of my upcoming vacation Nov 14-17.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 08:14 PM  
lynnf

yoga class on zoom. Gearing up for next week's 1/2 week fall break. We will be going east for the unveiling of my dad's tomb plaque. Quick trip -- 3 days.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 08:17 PM  
lynnf

ps Cynthia, on the shoulders they had it around them and you did that bear crawl plank (where you are on all fours with knees slightly off ground and then you move one hand and opposite knee up and then back and then the other). It slightly pulls on the shoulder and is generally hard. I have trouble with that move in general and somehow the band made it worse.
Old 10-18-21, 08:34 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I forgot to mention that we celebrated Ms. Connie's birthday yesterday. (It's the 22nd) She is turning 80.

Cheryl Have you noticed anything fitness related there. I know you get a lot of walking in there. But, are there any gyms, workout gear, etc.

Cynthia Good news about the rain.

Lynn Safe travels.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-18-21, 10:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
ps Cynthia, on the shoulders they had it around them and you did that bear crawl plank (where you are on all fours with knees slightly off ground and then you move one hand and opposite knee up and then back and then the other). It slightly pulls on the shoulder and is generally hard. I have trouble with that move in general and somehow the band made it worse.
Wow, barre3 is tough now! I did bear crawls in beachbody's LIIFT4. No more. Too much strain on my knees.
Safe travels.

I did 30 min Fe Fit barre workout before dinner. The instructor has a voice like a parrot but for some reason I find her more amusing than irritating. Not a classical workout but it really gets the calves, which I need to work on: that was emphasized in my kneehab sessions.

Diana, cheers for Ms. Connie!

Cheryl, sounds like you put those dumbbells to good use right away.

My friend's sister Diana will have an MRI on Wednesday. My friend had originally planned to come back home last week but is staying at least until the MRI b/c her sister needs the help. Diana's condition sounds more serious than the doctor's sloughing it off as just go home and wear a neck brace.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia I just prayed for Diana and was wondering about her condition. I should pray for her Dr's too.

Steps for yesterday: 12,117

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-19-21, 12:25 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Jessica Smith's standing Pilates fusion workout. Still working on getting better from this cold.

Diana, there are gyms and equipment for sale here. I'm not a big fan of gyms, though (which is why I'm on VF, haha). I will use one if I don't have other options. I used them more pre-pandemic, too.

Cynthia, yay for rain! Praying for Diana that she can get proper care and will heal quickly.

Lynn, have a good trip!
Old 10-19-21, 08:41 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes -- not leaving until the end of the week.

Cynthia, yes they have made barre 3 a lot harder. I have mixed feelings about this! Overall it's still fairly moderate, but they definitely have upped the core work and the cardio. I would say it's not really very close to barre these days. Sorry to hear that Diana's situation remains serious. Is it a neck fracture?

Cheryl, Jessica is good for days when you need to take it easier from Heather for sure.

Diana, so nice to hear that Ms. Connie is going strong.