Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-24, 09:21 PM  
Camember

Your very first video: the one that started it all

Do you remember your very first workout video? Mine was Cindy Crawford's Shape your body. I loved it! For me, it was as hard as hell!

In Spain there were very, very, very few VHS workouts available. I had also the following Cindy Crawford video, that I didn't like and used only once (I think it was The Next Challenge) . And two Jane Fonda's: Lean Routine (that I loved) and the one now called Prime Time (which I found quite meh at the time but now is on my top 10 all time favourites).

I used Shape your body, Lean Routine and Prime Time about one million times. There were the only workouts I had in the VHS era. And I was in shape with them! I've never been so in shape as on those times, using just those three oldies.

And my first workout DVD was another Cindy's: A New Dimension. Another all time favourite. I don't have my VHS anymore, but I still have A New Dimension in DVD

But for me, the one that started it all was Shape your body. If I'm today a vidiot is for that video tape.
Camember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 10:16 PM  
Velda Swank

My first purchase was the Sports Illustrated series with Cheryl Tiegs, Elle Macpherson, and Rachel Hunter. That gatewayed to Joanie Greggins, who was local for me. And then I got my first Collage catalog, and I bravely purchased the four Claudia Schiffer vhs tapes and My Personal Best with Elle MacPherson (hey, I already had her previous vhs, so I KNEW her) with Karen Voight. Millions of repeats. I was then sent the Firm catalog, and I got #2, #5, and #6. I added later Firms. Millions of repeats. Started expanding from there (video adhd), and Collage collapsed, I discovered VF, and I now have soooooooo many dvds that spark all sorts of joy. My favorites? Jessica Smith, Barre3 dvds, Suzanne Bowen, Lacy Kondi Callanetics, Exhale Core Fusion, Ellen Barrett, KCM on my energetic days, Tracie Long, and a hundred others for when I’m in the mood.I didn’t care for the Sports Illustrated vhs workouts, but it got me started. I wasn’t excited by home workouts until I got the Claudia Schiffer set, and they were fun, the music was great, and the cinematography/visuals during those workouts were great. I miss those workouts.
Old 03-29-24, 10:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

The Firm with Susan Harris VHS purchased in the 1980s when it was first released. Haven't stopped working out since then. Love at first sight!
Old 03-30-24, 02:19 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, which scared me away from exercising videos for many years It did motivate me to join the gym though.

A few years later my colleague mentioned Yoga with Adrienne, and this is when it started and stayed
Old 03-30-24, 05:14 AM  
Tanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velda Swank View Post
My first purchase was the Sports Illustrated series with Cheryl Tiegs, Elle Macpherson, and Rachel Hunter.
I started with those tapes, too. Before that, I had Jane Fonda original workout on an LP when I was a teenager.

I have seen The Firm informercial in 1995 and the rest is history. Collage Video opened up a world of home workouts.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 06:15 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

The FIRM Vol 2; and I also had the Jane Fonda LP.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 06:22 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

The Firm Volume 2. I did that video 4 times a week for a year before I started to look for any other.

I had the audio-only option to play on my Walkman so that I could do it when I wasn’t at home.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 06:30 AM  
sherry7899

It was Leslie Sansone One Mile WalkAerobics that I bought from Collage. I kept it for sentimental reasons. I do actually still have a VCR/DVD combo player so I could use it if I wished.

Well, that was the first video I bought that I actually DID. I think the first one I bought was a Patricia Walden yoga video (bought at Caldor) that was supposedly for beginners and it definitely was not It scared me off yoga for quite awhile.

I did use my mom's Jane Fonda albums way back when, but not that often.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 06:45 AM  
kat_b

I’m another person who started my collection with FIRM Vol 2. Friends had the Jane Fonda album and I used to get up to workout with Joannie Greggins on TV.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 07:00 AM  
alisoncooks

It was either Slim in 6 or The Firm BSSS1, that I ordered from the infomercial. I ordered both; I just can’t remember which came first.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first workout, first workouts