Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-23, 08:39 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - In spring, I've counted 82 kinds of weather in 24 hours. 3/26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing some putzing around the house and going for a nice walk - I’m really enjoying the sun these days! I might do the workout assigned for the weekend, or not….

Vantreesta, glad you’re feeling better! I’m sure Cyric knows you’re not feeling well. Cool that you got out to the Ren Fest in AZ! I think I drove past it a looooooong time ago when I was in AZ. Happy B-day to your grannie! Glad you had a safe trip home. I’m now happy to see the ground emerging from under the snow - spring is coming! I like springtime in AZ - not the heat of summer .

Laura, hope you’re successful getting your text recognized by search engines to bring in some readers! Glad your mouth is feeling OK today. I ended up doing everything in my posting - went to the art fair, but didn’t buy anything, walked around a lake, and went to the movie - it was a Latvian movie about the protests against the Soviet Union back in the 1970s-today. I found it interesting in that I did many of those activities also - these were Latvians on the East Coast of the US in the movie - the Midwest Latvians were pretty busy in the same protests also. The main characters were about my age, so I could relate to them when they were young.

Paula, the original fence was three feet tall, so two feet of snow brought it to only being a foot tall, and the corgi would jump over it with no problem. Now the fence is about four feet tall above the snow with the three foot sections added on top of the fence, so that blocks my back yard from him. I didn’t mind his being in my back yard, but was unsure if he could get out into the street through my gate to the back yard - one reason I liked the breed of dog I had - a bit thicker than the space between my gate parts. The snow right now is looking pretty dingy - all the dirt and leaves/seed in the snow is concentrating on top as the snow melts away - not that I want fresh snow to brighten it up .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-26-23, 11:19 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is a gray and rainy day. The storms that have crossed the entire country in the past week have arrived in the deep south and will mostly affect Georgia and north Florida. We'll get the northern edge of the front. The southern part of the area will get the worst of it, with about an inch of rain in the next 24 hours and stronger winds. Our area is supposed to get only about 1/4 of an inch and the northern parts of the area won't get anything.

This morning, we dealt with Polly - doing her drops and letting her in and out a couple of times. Now that the rain is here, she's in my office sleeping. And we attended church virtually. I put on a load of laundry and will work on the components needed for fried rice through the afternoon and make it for dinner.

Paula - Last night, I told you how Polly stalks a lap, but forgot your other question. My favorite islands/ports include Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Curacao. Mainly, there are islands we haven't been to, including some major ones. In the western Caribbean, that includes Roatan, Guatamala, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. In the eastern Caribbean, we haven't been to the main Bahamas ports, Nassau and Freeport, the British Virgin Islands, Grand Turk, and the Dominican Republic. The southern Caribbean islands we haven't been to include the French West Indies, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Antigua, and St. Kitts/Nevis. My favorite region in the Caribbean is the southern region because it seems the most diverse in terms of culture and activities. Finding itineraries that hit more of the ports we haven't been is getting harder, although I've seen some possibilities. We did go down the west coast of Mexico on a cruise with my parents. We had one of those "perfect days" in Mazatlan touring the city with a guy we found in port who loved his city.

Anita - It sounds like a busy, but good, day yesterday. The movie sounds like it was a good one for you to watch since you could so identify with the people in it. Enjoy your sunshine - and send it east!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 12:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day hanging out with hubby and Cyric. I downloaded some more YouTube workouts and watched a spring training game, and later we watched the movie Mortal Engines. I had thought I wanted to see it but I was so not into it. Hubby watched it all but I didn't ask what he thought of it. I "watched" but missed huge chunks while I sat there doing other things. But at least that's 3 hours deleted off the DVR and he didn't have to watch one of my movies. It's almost time for daily baseball on TV! So excited!! Today I washed our sheets and I'm making my quadruple batch of pancakes while listening to another baseball game. Hubby is watching Conan today, also not my jam!

Anita, I love Corgis and smiled at your description of him coming over the fence to party. Glad you got out and enjoyed some things in the community. That would be neat to relate to the movie. There's a zombie movie that was filmed in my town and every time I watch it I try to place everything. Completely agree about summer in AZ. I won't be there then unless I absolutely have to!

Laura, it seems like you've had a lot of grey and rainy lately. Hope you get some sunshine soon! Too cute about Polly stalking your lap.

Paula, I'm so glad you're still enjoying Sarah Starr. I have about 30 episodes on the DVR and need to get back to doing them!

You guys are much more seasoned travelers than we are! We've each been to Canada, never together. My brother and I went with our aunt, uncle and cousins for a day trip shortly after HS. Neither of us has ever been to another country besides that!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 01:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Did I know you are a major baseball fan? I think so but had forgotten. What is your team? Or do you watch to watch the game? Enjoy the availability. My parents are like that when football season ramps up. We have finally started to have more sunshine, but there are still a lot of rainy days that interrupt that. At least, we have gotten away from the pattern of it being cold and rainy EVERY weekend (like it was this winter). Now, the rainy days are more interspersed throughout the week. At least they shouldn't be using the "D" word (drought) this summer.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-26-23, 02:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Laura, I'm not sure if you knew or not! My favorite team is the Minnesota Twins, but I am a weird fan bc my second favorite is the Chicago White Sox, who are in the same division. My grandpa was a lifelong White Sox fan and I felt like a traitor when I switched, but I don't get to watch the Sox often and I get to see the Twins every day. I honestly just love the game and will watch whoever I can! Glad you're having some more sunshine! It rained two of the days I was in AZ, and I don't think it did that even when I was there for two months straight a few years ago! The last day I was there this time it was overcast all day and I loved it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 10:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Walking with Weights followed by a Sarah Starr Morning Stretch.

Grocery and food prep day for us. Felt as though we got a lot accomplished.

Laura, you and I must have posted over each other I didn’t see your post until today. Glad you got so much done – you’re going great guns on this project. Thanks for the explanation of Polly stalking laps. All my pets have done exactly that and I never knew there was a name for it. I’ve been to many (certainly not all) of the islands you mentioned. We like the Southern Caribbean too. Years ago we did a bare boat charter in the British Virgin Islands and that was lovely, we also did one in the Bahamas (lovely islands and people – but I broke my arm and had to leave). Glad you got a good tour of Mazatlan – hope you got to the “old town” section with the college of the arts and the museums – a lovely area many tourists never see. If you get an opportunity to do a full transit of the Panama Canal west to east, I’d recommend it. (West to east the wind pattern is behind you most of the way so it’s not as windy and cold on deck).

Anita, yay for sun – we had some today too. Thanks for the fence explanation – I love the image of the corgi zooming around your yard. The Latvian movie sounds interesting, given a great many things.

Vantreestra, your day sounds both productive and restful. I enjoy baking – got two loaves of sourdough bread and a pan of bar cookies baked today. I imagine your quadruple pancake recipe is similar – just nice to putter in the kitchen. We like to travel most of our family and friends do to. We’ve never been to Europe – I’d love to do that but DH isn’t interested. Doesn’t want to do a flight that long.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 08:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a nice walk today and more putzing around - I need to work on those photos! I didn’t do the workout from the strength program, but feel no guilt about that . I’ll be playing a game of Spades this evening. I’m loving the melting happening outside - we’re lucky in that everything freezes up overnight so that slows the flow into the rivers - hopefully we’ll have less flooding!

Laura, I’m feeling so sorry for the people in Mississippi hit by these storms! . Wow! You’ve been to so many Caribbean islands! I’ve never been there - I’d like to see some, but not be in the crowds as I imagine they are crowded when ships arrive.

Vantreesta, I feel spoiled that my DVR only records things that I want to see - no sharing space with anyone else! You’ve got a real passion for baseball - me? Just give me the final score . I’ve thought about getting a Corgi as a pet. I think they have a similar personality to my Aussies, but a smaller size. I think they’d meet the weight restrictions on pets at my new place (35 lbs), but I want to see how well dogs can handle the co-op and being let out at night. Somehow, I think it would be harder to have a dog there…. I would love to take a trip to Canada and see Banff - I’m exploring train trips out to there! I’d think you could pick up Sox games online if your TV doesn’t give them to you…

Paula, Watching the Latvian movie was interesting - I don’t hear Latvian language every day and it took me a little while to pick up on the language again (read the translations), but was back into it by the end of the movie. Kind of cool! At first I was trying to figure out the footprints in the snow in my back yard - raccoon? Possum? No, Corgi!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-27-23, 02:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a nice day. We had Mom and Dad over for lunch. We had pizza and ate on the sun porch. The temps were perfect to be out there. It had been a long time since we all got together, so it seemed extra special.

The rest of the day will be catching up on the computer, but not much else. It feels like Saturday and I'm ready for a lazy-ish day. We had total clouds this morning, and the sun has come out this afternoon and it's pretty nice outside. Polly, of course, is outside right now.

Paula - You guys went to Mexico for months once. Tell DH you could fly to somewhere you the east coast you want to see (New York City, Boston, DC, Georgia near Atlanta, etc. You could have several days there and then fly directly to Europe from there. Just a thought. There were several Caribbean cruise itineraries last winter that included more islands where we hadn't been than ones we had. I hope for the same this winter and maybe we'll go on a cruise again finally. We'll see.

Anita - It's great that the solution to the mystery was such a happy one - a Corgi rather than a wild animal. One of my uncles lives outside of Jackson, MS and we keep an eye on the stories. So far, they haven't been horribly affected. I saw a story on the news where someone said that the deep south is the new Tornado Alley rather than the midwest.

Vantreesta - That's cool! I would think it would be nice to have a couple of teams to root for, even if some family doesn't agree. We lived in the Chicago area when I was a teenager and I have some good memories of going to White Sox games a few times. But it would be easier to keep track of your hometown team.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-27-23, 09:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Full Body Yin Yoga. It was a nice day so we went flying. Decided to get the COVID Bivalent booster before we go on the cruise – I made an appointment to get it on Wednesday morning.

Anita, glad you got a walk today too. Pretty soon you’ll have a back yard again. Glad you remembered the Latvian language after listening awhile. Once you get in the co-op you’ll have a better sense of whether it would work to get a dog. A corgi would be a good choice.

Vantreestra, we have a DVR we bought about a hundred years ago at Walmart. It still works, you can record programs right off the TV and watch whenever you like. Even better you can transfer them to a DVD and then play whenever. It was great when we had the boat – we’d record our favorite programs and watch them on a DVD machine on the boat over the weekend. We love ours, I doubt we could find a replacement now if this one broke.

Laura, glad you got to spent time with your folks, I know you like to see them often. I’ve tried to talk DH into exactly what you proposed but no go. Yes, we’ve spent months in Mexico a couple times but no long flights were involved. We sailed down on our own boat and lived aboard while we were there. We sailed from place to place, saw a lot but always had our own space, no living out of hotels.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote