Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-04-22, 09:31 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night DH and I watched a movie. After, I was too tired to post.

Yesterday: JS Cardio Core Walk

Steps from yesterday: 10,050

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 11:22 AM  
lynnf

Jill Dailey day 3 plus barre 3 signature 15 minutes. Rainy day here, which is good.

Cynthia, sounds like Jill is very sweet. It's nice that instructors don't trash others. Barre 3 online hasn't seen much of Sadie for quite some time. She never instructs anymore. I noticed that a lot of the new harder moves on barre 3 now are in the Jill set. Must have come from there. (The take knee to ground lunge and then lift to high knee especially.) Also nice she corrects so kindly. She is so precise with her cues - very impressive. But makes it hard!

Cheryl, nice that DD is giving the Ninja kids a go. Sounds really hard.

Diana, hope you enjoyed the movie.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 12:33 PM  
Diana3271

So now the lady I help in the office and who is also my walking buddy has tested positive for Covid. Her Husband, a deacon in our church also tested positive. He went to pick up some of our Pastor's belongings from his vacation. Pastor accidentally left some belongings in the hotel. Someone met the deacon halfway to get the belongings. He may have gotten it from touching the luggage. I work very closely with the lady I mentioned earlier. I tested earlier and I'm negative.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-04-22, 06:37 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, best wishes for staying negative.

Too hot, 80* inside, to exercise; except I walked outside for a half hour.

Cheryl, yay for your DD being willing to try again. 50 pushups would totally discourage a lot of people.

Lynn, I didn't know that Sadie had stopped instructing. Well, I never met her in person, only on DVD. I went once each to 2 studios, but didn't see her. Sometimes I still like to walk with Leslie, but she's not making DVDs and also not leading the online walks. I have no interest in those.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 10:18 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you Cynthia. Another church member has tested positive.

No workout to report. I started washing clothes, bed linens, etc. I'll be cleaning tomorrow. No formal workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-05-22, 07:06 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 5,681

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-05-22, 09:33 AM  
lynnf

Jill Dailey day 4. She said this one would kick up a notch, but I actually found it easier. I think my core is adapting to her core sections, and the cardio bursts were like barre 3 (obviously they took them from her). Added on a 10 minute Sarabeth. Last night did a Sarabeth hips. Doing better with the yoga.

Diana, sorry your church members are being so badly hit by Covid. Hope you still stay negative.

Cynthia, your situation is the reverse of ours -- can only workout indoors with ac, forget outside, 90s+. I don't know if Sadie ever teaches in studio, but I can't remember the last time she instructed an online class. Jill's set definitely does more core and more back work than any barre 3 and barre 3 hardly does any push ups (Jill does them quite a bit).

Cheryl, just to mention, 50 pushup probably would discourage me. Jill does not do that many in my set.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 05:07 PM  
seabliss

Rest day today, but I still got a lot of steps.

Went to the orthopedist about my elbow tendonitis. He's going to do x-rays, ultrasound with cortisone (to help him find the right spot to put the cortisone), and platelet-rich plasma. He says it's actually our own blood that helps to heal the area, and that's why the acupuncture with vibration temporarily helped. So hopefully this will resolve it longer-term, once I get in for those appointments.

DD loved her Ninja Kids class yesterday. No pushups this time. Still, the warm-ups are the hardest part. She loves learning the kicking and punching. I recognize the form very much from kickboxing workouts.
Old 08-05-22, 07:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Stay away for a few days (except for walking) and dread starts to build up. So I eased back into my barre workouts with a 15-min XB Ballet Sculpt Express and was reminded that I love these things.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 08:45 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana