Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-22, 12:47 PM  
Jules

Sat: Studio Sweat SpinCore (62 min) + 50 min walk
Sun: BodyCombat 64/66 (101 min) + 53 min walk + Beat Saber
Today: CL Drill Max (64 min) + Studio Sweat spin (35 min) + 27 min walk

I will probably go for another walk after dinner tonight when it is cooler outside. It is supposed to be in the 90's all week. My endurance has improved a lot. I will have to try out Cathe's X77 mix again soon.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 12:30 PM  
Jules

I went for it today and did X77. Brutal! It took me 83 minutes and I did not modify as much as last time. For modifications I used 3 risers instead of 4 in the step section. I did not go super deep on the pushups with shoulder taps, and I used 8 lb dbs instead of 10 in the bicep/shoulder press combo at the end. I also took short breaks whenever my heart rate got too high. My Apple watch says it peaked 188 and average HR was 166.

I have also been taking the dog for a couple of walks per day and playing Beat Saber and BodyCombat on VR Quest. My parents will be here in a week and are staying for one week, then staff meetings for school will be starting. I need to clean the house again.

Hope everyone is enjoying the dog days of summer!
Old 08-10-22, 01:36 PM  
Jules

Just had to check in today because the Cathe Lives I did today were excellent! I started with #60 High Intensity Weight Training with Step. I already knew I was going to love it as I did it in the past and raved about it. It is a boot camp style workout and a must-have when I decide to purchase some downloads. It reminds me a bit of Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp. There is no core work.

I followed up with #78 Power Step. This is a unique workout and the name is very fitting. It has easy-to-follow choreography, which features intense step sections with little blasts inserted here and there. Cathe starts with a 6-inch step for the warmup and then goes to 8 inches for the main workout, but I just stayed at 8 inches the whole time. It's a great calorie burn for when one is short on time or as an add-on.
Old 08-12-22, 01:09 PM  
Jules

My folks were supposed to arrive in 4 days, but their trip is postponed as my mom is injured and in the hospital. She was getting off the neighbor's pontoon boat and hit her head on something while she was jumping off and fell between the boat lift and the dock. She scraped her shin up badly and now it is infected so she is on an IV drip with antibiotics. They might have to cut her leg open and remove dead tissue - waiting to see. She has a fever, but the antibiotics seem to be kicking in. She had a CT scan and it looks like the wound isn't too deep.

I go back to work in a couple of weeks, but it's no big deal if my folks decide to come out here in September. It will probably be a little cooler then with fewer tourists around, which will be nicer for their visit anyway. My husband and son both have birthdays coming up too plus there will be football to watch.

On to the workouts:

Yesterday I took the dog for 2 walks, did a tough 60 minute spin from Studio Sweat, and did Cathe Live #399 PHA Supersets with the Ball. I enjoyed this one a lot as I love doing weight work on the ball. Solid intermediate workout that hits a little bit of everything. There isn't much core work, and I would definitely add some if this was my one workout for the day.

Today I took the dog for a walk, did CL #88 Athletic Training and #98 You Can Do Anything for a Minute. Athletic Training is similar to the DVD, but easier. Anything for a Minute was perfect for my workout A.D.D. It is a random mix of goodies. I will probably purchase the download.

TGIF Ladies!
Old 08-12-22, 02:04 PM  
Malinda

Jules, I hope your mom recovers quickly, and no surgery is required on her leg. Poor thing!

Great job on the workouts, ladies!

I'm still doing LIIFT4, with additional cardio days of whatever I feel like doing. We have several trips planned for this month and September, so the LIIFT4 rotation I'm doing is a pretty loose one. We just got back from a short trip to Miami for a wedding, we will be in Colorado late Aug/early Sept for a week for another wedding and to spread my mother-in-law's ashes, then we go back to Miami later in September to see Green Day. DH also wants to go to California for a week in October; I'm not so thrilled about more travel, but we have family and friends that we probably should go see. I am such a homebody, and COVID shutdowns made me even worse.

Have an awesome weekend!
Old 08-14-22, 02:09 PM  
Jules

Hi Girls! Malinda, I am so jelly you are going to see Green Day. That should be a fantastic trip!

I am happy to report that my mom is home from the hospital and recovering. Her fever is gone. She still has some swelling in her leg, but nothing like it was. Not sure when they will come visit yet.

Yesterday I did a 108 minute combo of BodyCombat 56/58. I love these older workouts before they started going down to the floor so much. I also walked the dog.

Today I went for a walk and then tried Cathe Live #224 Fit Tower Inferno. The workout was just ok for me. The first half is all barre-style legs which is not my thing. The second half was much more fun and hit all the upper body evenly. I finished with a new Les Mills spin - The Trip #28. Excellent one!
Old 08-15-22, 06:13 PM  
Jules

Hello! I had to get an early start today as I am still busy chauffeuring my daughter everywhere. I got a flat tire the other night driving her home from work. We live on a gravel road and I must have run over a sharp rock. It was so bad it was unfixable, so now my car is in the shop until a replacement tire arrives tomorrow and we are all sharing my husband's car. My daughter's car should also be fixed by the end of the week. Woo-hoo!

Today I went for a walk early and then did Cathe Live #143 and #144.

#144 Cardio Core Blast was so much fun! It is similar to Cardio Core Circuit, but with different equipment. It has 5 rounds of double cardio followed by a core exercise using gliding discs. Each round features a cardio move with the Firewalker loop, one sans equipment, and one with the stability ball; then you repeat all 3 cardios before moving into a core exercise. I put this in my download wish list.

#143 Step Blasts Plus Weights is another bootcamp style workout. My fave! I thought the cardio component of this one would be less than #144, but I was sucking wind the whole time. There are 6 rounds consisting of a step blast followed by weight work, some of it metabolic on the step, some compound, some regular. There is no isolated core work in it. Another hit!
Old 08-16-22, 11:52 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello friends. Sorry to be MIA again. Really busy days.

Alas, I think I hurt myself. Started 2 weeks ago when we started our big cleanup and I spent 2 days hauling a lot of heavy stuff. Lower right hip/back feels twingy. Got better with some Yoga.

This past weekend we had a plugged drain in the laundry room and I was hauling 5 gallon buckets of water out so it wouldn't flood. I think I strained it again.
Then I got a stomach bug and was really feeling puny for most of the weekend. I NEVER get sick and hate it! But I just rested. Stomach feels better. Back still twingy except right when I get out of bed.

As far as workouts, last week I did a mix of LMOD Strength Development and Cathe Lives. LOVED #407!
I like the Les Mills workouts but don't love them so think I'll revisit some dvds again with Cathe Live.

This week I have taken a step back. I can't totally rest so I'm doing a lot of mellower workouts and a lot of Yoga.
Mon: Tony Horton One on One Vol 1 Disk 11 Recovery for Results. Simple, easy but felt good to move.
Today: Amy Dixon's Give Me 10. I had this ages ago, got it back. Super easy but again, just what I needed - just some movement and light weights. I'll be doing more Yoga this afternoon.

Glad everyone is doing great. LOVE hearing about the Cathe Lives from Jules! I need to check them out!

Take care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 03:54 PM  
Jules

Hello Kate! It stinks that your back is twingy. I always seem to hurt myself more doing house and yard work than super tough exercise. Probably the alignment of my movement is off and I am not thinking about it. Sometimes there is also a lot of repetition, like pushing a vacuum back and forth. You sure have been lifting heavy things. I bet your back will feel normal in a few days after switching to lighter weights and yoga.

Today I went for my morning walk and then did a 50 minute Studio Sweat spin. After doing chauffeur duties, I came home and tried Cathe Live #124 Vertical Loading. Overall, I enjoyed this concept. I matched Cathe's weights for most of the exercises and went up in a couple. I think I could have increased my poundage in several more of the exercises, TBH. I also noticed that she forgot to include back in the first round. I wish she had included more core work, but I can always add some at the end.
Old 08-18-22, 07:04 PM  
Jules

My mom called today. Hopefully they will be able to come visit us in a couple of weeks around Labor Day. School will be back in session, but I am just working until 1 most days.

I may have to take the dog to the vet. She started sneezing like crazy on our walk the other day and now she is acting like there is something stuck in her ear. I am worried it might be a foxtail grass seed. They are sharp and horrible! I put mineral oil in her ear today and rinsed it out with a syringe of water. She is doing a little better. We shall see....

Yesterday I did a BodyCombat combo of #69/78 (100 min) plus 2 walks with the dog.

Today I did CL #262 Cardio HiiT Plus Core, # 273 Metabolic Mish Mosh, plus one walk so far. It is hot out so we will probably walk again once it cools down. Bears vs. Seahawks is about to start too.

#262 has 20 minutes of basic, high impact floor cardio (lots of jumping jacks), then 15 minutes of HiiT, with another 10 minutes of tough core work at the end. Not super fun, but I liked it well enough.

#273 was more up my alley. Cathe alternates HiiT cardio moves with compound weighted moves that keep the heart rate up. There is even a little core work at the end. Most excellent!