Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-22, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did add on:

LWR - an 8 min standing core
Essentrics Live - w/ Gail from 7/27

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live w/ Meg from 7/28 - just the standing and barre - may squeeze floor in later. I really like Meg as an instructor.

I plan to do something else later- maybe Jessica's weight workout - or not (it doesn't look fun!) and maybe a LWR walk....

we shall see!

Waves, everyone....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 05:57 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!
Well, I’m still trying to catch up on lost sleep and even though I slept well last night, I’m taking an unprecedented 3rd day off to rest. I’m always concerned about injuries and being tired just can add to the chances so….

Nevertheless, we are redoing our front yard and it’s going to take a lot of work. We have rocks instead of mulch and we’re removing the rocks and plants and seeding. My entire front will be all lawn. I decided to do this because I struggle to get things to grow up in the front and I just cannot enjoy weeding, no matter how much I’ve tried. I put an ad on FB Marketplace for someone to come and take the rocks – free – and I got quite a few responses. Since these were delivered to us some years ago, we don’t have the capability of removing them ourselves. A nice local guy will be coming with wheelbarrow and shovels and will take them on the weekend of the 26th. In the meantime, I will be raking the rocks to create a pile and removing plants. Functional fitness!

Tuesday’s Workouts:
  • Taking an easy day so did Cathe Ab Circuits – Yoga Based and then a Yoga with Joelle to open hips

Wednesday – had a terrible night’s sleep for two nights in a row and took another rest day.

Donna: Good workouts! Pistol squats – yikes! No thank you!

Pat: Thankfully the heat finally broke! It was actually pleasant yesterday!

Waves and hugs to Summer Breeze! I’m not quite sure what to do with myself right now!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 10:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday! Oh Joy, the heat and humidity have backed off and it's lightly raining. It won't for long, but hopefully this is a sign we'll get back on track for regular rainfall.

By the way, tonight is the Full Pink Moon, this year called the Sturgeon Super Moon. Is it just me or is every full moon a super moon lately?

Yesterday I did Lucy's Posture Challenge Day 7 and had a lovely evening walk at beach. I stopped for a while to observe what has been identified to me as a spotted sandpiper. Unbelievably cute! Look at this little booty going! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixf6xrpuBQ

Diane, that lawn project sounds like a big undertaking. I also detest weeding!

Donna - Meg was my favorite.

Good morning Summer Breeze, hope you are well.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 8
~ Ellen's Pilates Mix
~ An evening yin by Kassandra
~ 3,517 steps

The Ellen Pilates was different - enjoyable and not strenuous. I was hoping for more of a challenge last night but it's good to know about this class for another day.

I must say it is fun watching Ellen's hair in different stages from darkest brown to beautiful shades of silver and gray. How does she pull it off, looking so young with gray hair? Of course she always had thick and lustrous hair, but everything about her is a testament to healthy living.

Everyone have a beautiful day!
Old 08-12-22, 10:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I'm still around just not much to report. I'm starting to feel a little antsy and eager to get this cast off and get moving so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. I go for my next follow up visit next Friday so I'm hoping for good news *fingers crossed* *knock on wood* Don't want to jinx anything. LOL

PAT, yes this weather is a delight finally.
I think I did see several days of showers coming up next week. Oh that sandpiper is a cutie.

DIANE, ugh sorry about the poor sleep. That is tough. You're listening to your body which is always good. Good luck on that yard project. Be careful!

Hi DONNA. LWR sounds like something I can ease myself back with when the time comes. Her workouts aren't easy but they're short! And effective.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 04:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being MIA - yesterday started off weird w/ our power going out - and then there was "drama" surrounding DD's school schedule (why she waits until the last minute to set everything up I'll never know - well, actually I guess I do know - but she learned her lesson and I doubt she'll procrastinate again at least on this!).

So....yesterday was a mix of things:

Body Kind Fitness - 5,000 step workout. These are fun "music only" workouts on You Tube.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis - most of it - this is about when the power went out...

Then, in the evening:

LWR - August Walk & Tone Challenge Day # 11 (which was leg toning)
LWR - July Posture Challenge, Day # 6 - standing core

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live from 7/29 - standing portion only

I may squeeze something else in later.

I'm off next week for a staycation....which is good.

Summer Breeze - I think feeling antsy is a good sign of revovery!

Pat - I like Ellen's Pilates Mix - I like to do it together w/ Serene Strength. I almost did that this morning, but figured I'd do the Essentrics since it was going to be removed from the site today. I may do an Ellen week next wee - seems to go well w/ a vacation!

Waves, Diane! I am so not a yard work person!

Take care,

Donna
Old 08-13-22, 01:06 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Self Bikini Ready Fast w/ Ellen - this is an oldie - it is a more athletic version of Ellen's fusion style workouts. It is filmed outdoors on a beach. I hadn't done it in a few years so it was nice to bring it out again. I may do some more of these 'self' workouts this week - they are filmed outdoors and feature a variety of instructors like Violet Zaki and Kimberly Spreen.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!!

Donna
Old 08-14-22, 06:48 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Been MIA as I have been resting my sciatica all while doing my garden renovation. Lots and lots of functional fitness! I'm raking the rocks out front and moving them to one side as someone is picking them up around the 26th. I never knew removing plants was such hard work! So I'm doing sections each day. I was shocked how heavy my irises were - three irises removed and the garden bag was heavy as all heck!

I also am removing the larger rocks and one super heavy one I managed to get on our dolly and bring it over to my neighbor as he wanted them.

I will be checking back in during the week with regular workouts but I'm hell-bent on getting this done asap!

Enjoy the weekend!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was back to the Self Magazine workouts...these are from the early 2000's....nice scenery outdoors.

Self - Dance Your Way Thin w/ Kimberly Spreen - this was not too dancey - more like dance inspired aerobics. There was some impact, but it was easy to leave out. Nice for a steady state cardio day.

Jessica Valent - Basic Full Body Stretch Routine - her latest stretching video.

Diane - sounds like quite a workout w/ your garden.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 08-16-22, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA, DS visited again on Saturday and we made a full day of it including a nice walk along the LI Sound. Sunday and Monday were just too jam packed to visit VF. Recently I have accomplished:

Sunday:
~ A little neglected PT
~ GYM for 15 minutes treadmill and 60 weight machines and dumbbells
~ 6,528 steps

Monday:
~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 10
~ Attended grandniece's yoga class
~ 4,282 steps

Summer Breeze, did you have the ortho visit last Friday or is it upcoming this week? Fingers and toes crossed for good news. XXXXX

Oh my goodness Diane that sounds like a huge undertaking. Please don't strain your back / sciatica.

Donna, I have both of Ellen's Self Magazine DVDs. They're peppier than usual but really good. Do you have the DVDs or did you find the Kimberly Spreen workout on YT?

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga