Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-22, 08:25 AM  
Margot

I'm getting a bit behind!

Tuesday evening, I did Beth's SOS class. I like the idea of holding the yoga blocks. It made me really think about what I'm doing with my arms. Thank you Beth, the slightly more challenging poses felt good.

Yesterday I managed to do:
- Very early morning walk
- ETV Gail's Advanced Live class
- Daisy Lee Wuji Hundun Module 3 and practice

This morning, was another early morning walk along a cycle trail through the trees, so we didn't get too overheated.

Beth - My favourite place to dive was on the Barrier Reef, where I got certified. It was like being in a giant swimming pool.

Pam and Beth - It was only when you mentioned where the Capilano Suspension bridge was Pam, that I realised that it was the same bridge I visited when I lived in the Northwest. I remember it clearly because it was such a scary experience and I almost jogged on the way back to reach solid ground again! I didn't stop to take in the view at all.

Pat - How nice to attend your grandniece's yoga class in person. I hear you about hiding. I've thought about doing one of Sandra's classes live but then I wouldn't be able to take a break or miss out altogether on some of the killer exercises! Thanks for the link to Kassandra's hip opener class. I need to add in more yin.

Sandra - It must be a bit of a relief that you won't have to undergo immediate surgery and that you're already doing the right things in strengthening the surrounding muscles. I had a somewhat similar issue when I was younger and kept dislocating my shoulder. I was told that I'd have to have surgery to have the shoulder pinned or I could build up the muscles. I chose the weights and have never stopped since.

Paine - Hope you're not too sore today. Are you out walking with your grandson today?

Waves to all!
Old 08-11-22, 09:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yoga With Kassandra Yin Yoga for Inner Thighs & Groin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rw...awithKassandra

As expected, I have butt DOMS from Kathy Smith. So Kassandra's Yin Yoga for Inner Thighs & Groin felt lovely this morning. Pat, thank you again for posting the link to that!

Margot, nearly every day I walk in the neighborhood with my 3 year old grandson. When he takes a nap, I sometimes walk to the park with my 7 year old grandson.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 10:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday! Oh Joy, the heat and humidity have backed off and it's lightly raining. It won't for long, but hopefully this is a sign we'll get back on track for regular rainfall.

By the way, tonight is the Full Pink Moon, this year called the Sturgeon Super Moon. Is it just me or is every full moon a super moon lately?

Yesterday I did Lucy's Posture Challenge Day 7 and had a lovely evening walk at beach. I stopped for a while to observe what has been identified to me as a spotted sandpiper. Unbelievably cute! Look at this little booty going! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixf6xrpuBQ

Paine, wasn't the yin yoga nice? I'm so glad K gave us a longer yin practice, it's been a while.

Margot, I saw the blocks pose but haven't done Beth's new practice yet. It looks very effective. Divin in the the Great Barrier Reef must have been an adventure.

Good morning all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 07:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, glad you liked the SOS video! Holding the blocks is something Baxter Bell did a lot in my Yoga for Healthy Aging training last fall. At the studio, we have blocks that are a very dense foam, so they really do add a bit of weight. Diving on the Barrier Reef sounds amazing!

Pam, suspension bridges make me kind of nervous too, although the one in Ithaca NY is not nearly that long.

Pat, DH tells me not to even tell him the names of the moon anymore.

I did one of the Bernie Clark practices today, the middle one (I think 12-12-21). It was nice and I liked the pose variations, although I actually would have loved even longer pose holds and less time for seated meditation at the end.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 06:30 AM  
Margot

Happy Friday

We're officially now in a drought, which seems hard to believe. I wonder if you're having the same unusual hot summer Pam, considering your climate is quite similar to ours?

Yesterday evening was:
- Ellen B Yoga Flow (Seated) 15 min
- Pete Caughey Qigong Class #230

This morning:
- Our usual morning walk. We stopped briefly for a chat with the horses and donkey. My heart was in my mouth when one of horses decided to cross the road and a car was coming around the bend. We got home at 8.15 am and it was already too hot.
- HealthBarre Zoom Class from August 9th. Good but tough after the walk.

I'm deciding between Kassandra's Yin practice or one of Bernie's Yin for this evening. Beth, I usually skip Bernie's seated meditation because it's just too long otherwise.

Pat - Glad to hear you're having a bit of a respite from the constant heat. I love the video of the sandpiper dancing. He's got a real rhythm going. P.S. What do you think of Kassandra's new book? I'm tempted to buy it.

Paine - It sounds as though you have a nice area to walk in. I bet the boys enjoy the park.

Waves Sandra, Cyana and all. Hope it's a good day.
Old 08-12-22, 07:15 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

It hasn't been a bad week overall. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself for today, LOL, since one of my co-workers is off.

I've been peeking in on the osprey nest regularly. One day there was a fish tail surrounded by flies, the next day I saw the chick in there eating a fresh fish dinner. Mostly it's been empty.

A fun bird story - my desk is in front of two windows and the corner of the porch roof is visible from my desk. Some movement caught my eye and when I looked up, one of the neighborhood hawks was sitting there. He or she came back for a repeat performance. It definitely made my day!

Will catch up with everyone this week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 8
~ Ellen's Pilates Mix
~ An evening yin by Kassandra
~ 3,517 steps

The Ellen Pilates was different - enjoyable and not strenuous. I was hoping for more of a challenge last night but it's good to know about this class for another day.

I must say it is fun watching Ellen's hair in different stages from darkest brown to beautiful shades of silver and gray. How does she pull it off, looking so young with gray hair? Of course she always had thick and lustrous hair, but everything about her is a testament to healthy living.

Everyone have a beautiful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 10:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Amy Bento Slo-Mo Strength (42 minutes of upper body strength exercises)

It had been a long time since I've lifted heavy and slow so I revisited Bento's Slo-Mo Strength. I had a good workout!

I've been meaning to tell you that my DH and I have been watching the PBS documentary mini-series called The Green Planet with David Attenborogh. Last night we saw the 2nd episode on "The Water World" and it was excellent--absolutely fascinating! Highly recommended.

Beth, I previewed Bernie's Yin Yoga and there were too many sitting poses for me so I'm passing on those.

Margot, we just walk in our neighborhood. It's nothing fancy but pleasant and my younger grandson still enjoys identifying all the different flowers and trees we see. There are 3 parks nearby that we walk to which are nice. One has a pond with ducks, geese, turtles, seagulls and sometimes a pelican. We don't go to the park if there are too many kids there because we still have a lot of covid cases in Southern California. I can't believe covid is still so prevalent here!! I thought the pandemic would be over in a year and boy, was I wrong.

Cyana, how fun to see that hawk out your window!

Pat, I think Ellen looks great with gray hair.
Old 08-13-22, 11:17 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Raising The Bar (Lower Body strength work)
Tamilee I Want Those Abs

I didn't enjoy I Want Those Abs as much as when I used to do it years ago.

Everybody must be busy. Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-13-22, 03:48 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

Started the day at the farmer's market, as always. The weather was absolutely delightful. My lettuce guy (not just lettuce, but that's his specialty ) wasn't there today. The Food Goddess told us he was in isolation, as someone in his family had COVID and he'd been exposed but was perfectly fine. I got some chicken backs and chicken feet from my meat/egg farmer and have a big pot of chicken bone broth simmering away on the stove. I put a boatload of onions and shallots in there and it smells really good. I have an assortment of fresh herbs I'll toss in later on. DH picked up a couple of tomatoes from one of our other farmers.

Paine - I'm impressed that you did Slo-Mo. My copy would likely require a serious dusting! I don't find myself reaching for the "I Want" DVD's very often, either. I love that your grandson enjoys identifying the trees and flowers in your neighborhood.

Margot - I've been reading about the drought in your area. Are you under water restrictions, and will that affect your garden? I would've tried paragliding in my younger life, but not as an old geezer. I loved scuba and am really happy I had the opportunity to do that regularly for the better part of 15 years.

Pat - Ellen has always had a healthy-looking head of hair whether long, short or what color it might be. Oh darn, I missed the full moon this week. I'm glad you enjoyed your grandniece's yoga class. Cute video - the mockingbirds around here can get into some serious tail shaking. I heard the weirdest bird sound several days ago - still clueless as to the identity of the singer!

Beth - I hope your return to the office is going well. Are the students back yet? The freshman started reporting to our state university system schools yesterday.

Pam - Sounds like a fun visit with the wee one this week. You've had a busy summer!

Sandra - Your doctor sounds like such a common sense guy. Thumbs up from me!

DH and I are going to make pizzas using cauliflower pizza crusts we got from the Whole Wallet yesterday for dinner.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt