Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-07-22, 07:37 PM  
JustSandra

Yay!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 07:31 AM  
cyana

Moan Day condolences to all.

On a positive note, Norman Blair has a new hip-focused yin practice on MFML this week.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

On a totally unrelated note - for anyone who shops at the Whole Wallet, the Aurora organic nuts are really good. They're pricey, but will occasionally go on sale for a decent price. So far I've just gotten the walnut halves.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 08:28 AM  
Twigs

Hello all!

It's a Moan Day for me too today, as it's so darned hot and it's going to get even hotter at the end of the week. I'm not sure I'd do well in a hot climate, as my skin starts burning in 10 minutes, although I did live for a summer in Kansas City, living in a 3rd floor apartment with no air conditioning and I survived that!

Yesterday's workouts:
- Ellen B Yoga Fusion
- Karin - Supple and Strong From Every Angle with flow tonic pads.

This morning I did:
- Bellyfit Daily Om Power Up
- Karin - Adaptable Spine & Strong Abs
- HealthBarre Slender Me Quick

Beth - The mansion is a different to the one I posted about before. We took out an annual membership in June, so we're planning on seeing as many properties as we can that are in our area. Hope you had a good time yesterday at your DH sister's house. It must be lovely living by a lake.

Cyana - Enjoy Norman's new class. Talking of walnuts, I just soaked and dehydrated a kilo of them and we think they taste better too after activating. Hope you have a better time sleeping this week. I've been reading how coherent breathing and doing some yoga nidra during the day has been scientifically proven to help keep you in 'rest and digest,' as well as help with insomnia and reduce stress and anxiety. I thought I'd start doing 2 x 5-minute sessions a day and see if it helps me.

Pat - There was a short feature on BBC news yesterday how the first pair of Osprey chicks have been born in Yorkshire in 100 years. They're tagging them and will be tracking their migration. I thought you may be interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWUUwQJkTM

Waves everyone.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Happy Moan Day. I hope you are all surviving the heat wave. Hoo-wee.

Yesterday I had a good strength workout at the gym and a nice cool walk at the beach. I went at 7:30 p.m. and most of the bathing beauties were gone, so I could walk at the water's edge and really soak up the cool breezes. It was like medicine. Saturday I got heat sickness and couldn't do much of anything.

Bellyfit lovers - I decided to pass on the summer bundle. I am a bit underwhelmed with the spring bundle. I'm sure the entire program works in much better harmony if you do it beginning to end along with Alice.

Margot, that's so exciting about more osprey taking up residence in the UK! Thank you for the link. That paragliding looks fun!

Waves everyone!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 09:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, your mention of Norman Blair reminded me, I meant to post that Bernie Clark has now posted 3 full-length yin practices from last December on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinsights1/videos

I think I did one of these when the were originally available, maybe the the 12/5 one? I really want to try them all, but given that they are so long, I have to find time to fit them in!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 09:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jackie's Essentrics class

Pat, it's supposed to be 80 degrees here today. The humidity makes the heat feel worse.

Margot, Tyntesfield is beautiful--what a fun day exploring that place!

Pam, welcome back!

Beth, thanks for the Bernie Clark link. I will check out those Yin Yoga practices.
That's so funny about your earrings! I used to always wear earrings (in my pierced ears) but haven't worn them much in the last decade. Like Pam, I rarely wear make-up. What undereye concealer do you use?
I hope you like your new office.

Cyana, I've never tried the Aurora organic nuts. I'll look for them next time I need to purchase nuts.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 12:27 PM  
cyana

Taking a quick lunch break to scarf down a salad.

A couple of random things:

Lee's annual 5 day qi gong challenge is coming up if anyone is interested. It's free and you can win prizes: https://lp.holdenqigong.com/qi-challenge

Speaking of the osprey chicks in the UK, I saw a headline indicating a turtle nest had been found on a Mississippi mainland beach for the first time since 2018: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...18/ar-AA10pxt1 . With all the grim environmental news these days, I wanted to add to the good news.

Margot - It's interesting you mention the burning skin and hot weather. I've recently started getting all itchy and prickly when outdoors and have no clue what's going on there.

Must run for now - chat later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 06:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I posted a new video today:
https://youtu.be/Mlw85jPZfGw

It's "Yoga Over 50 SOS" (strengthen-open-stretch), and although I created it with those my age and older in mind, I think it's ideal for all ages.

I wanted to film something since today was my last day off with nothing scheduled; it's going to be harder to find time go film once I'm back at work full-time. Also, as I've right now, it looks like there will be NO remote work option after August 17, unless the state of NY comes up with something last minute (which they have done before).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-08-22, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post and run….

We had a fun weekend with the family. Our youngest granddaughter is still here with us until Friday. Yesterday was a lovely family beach day and we took in the amazing sand sculptures still on display. DH and I got some steps in walking along the beach boardwalk.

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: CS 1404 Improve Your posture
~Jessica’s Standing Strength (YT)
Planning a stretch after I tuck our little houseguest in. DH is on bedtime story detail right now.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 07:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, you have had a busy summer! Glad you are enjoying it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt