Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-04-22, 09:20 AM  
JustSandra

Pat58: Just thought I'd let you know today is Thursday!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 09:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I don't blame Pat for getting the day wrong - I'm kind of discombobulated myself!
Yesterday was my first day back at work. I definitely did NOT like having to get up at 6:20 a.m., but otherwise, it was okay; I mostly spent time unpacking, since my new office was painted after I moved in May. Today I'm working remote in the a.m. since I have my annual mammogram this afternoon.

I'm hoping to stay on a good exercise schedule now that I'm back at work. I still plan to continue using Hamelin routines and alternating with that new Pilates channel I found.

Happy Thursday (Friday eve!) everyone!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 10:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
Pat58: Just thought I'd let you know today is Thursday!
ROTF thanks Sandra!

Beth - good luck with your mammogram.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 10:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Get Madonna's Arms With This 10-Minute Workout with Andrea Orbeck
Andrea Orbeck Supermodel Series (Hipster Band workout 20 minutes)

I used Cathe's strongest band for Orbeck's Hipster Band workout and it gave me quite a burn.

Cyana, that pre-bed stretch routine you posted the link to looks soothing. Thank you for sharing that!

Sandra, I don't want to kill myself working out but I don't want to become a decrepit old lady either!

Beth, I hope you have an easy day at work today.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 10:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, it's been a pretty easy day so far, and I'm done soon. Is that "Madonna Arms" video from PopSugar? If so, I've definitely done that one. I discovered that new Pilates instructor because I was looking for more light weight arms routines.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 11:22 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, yes the arms workout was from "popsugarliving" on YouTube.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 06:02 AM  
Twigs

Happy Friday!

This morning's workouts:
- Jessica Smith Flow & Glow with gliders
- Karin - Adaptable Spine & Strong Abs with gliders. (I was on a roll).
- Ellen B - Align & Shine

Yesterday, DH and I spent a few hours at Tyntesfield, touring the house and walking around the estate. I was too pooped when I got home to feel like doing any more exercise. The house was amazing. Apparently, it was one of two holiday homes for a family of very wealthy merchants, who became fabulously wealthy (according to the guide) from importing guano from Peru! The last member of the family to live here before it was sold, lived alone in this place with its 124 rooms and had a woman who came in to do a bit of cleaning. I'm glad it wasn't me!
Fortunately, for her, most of the rooms were closed up. After his death in 2001, the house was sold with all its contents to the National Trust. We saw an original Rubens painting, as well as a Bellini. We were told that they've catalogued over 70,000 items that were left in the house!

Pat - I liked Ellen's Cardio Core a lot. In fact, I'm liking the pace of most of her workouts lately. I would have loved to have seen those baby Egrets.

Beth - It must be nice to go back to a freshly painted office. Hope you enjoy your new space. Good luck too on your mammogram. I had one about a month ago and luckily everything came back clear.

Paine - I have never come across Andrea Orbeck before. I like the look of her side leg work with the bands. I'm going to put this on my 'to do' list - thank you.

Waves to all. Enjoy your day, whatever you're up to.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 07:08 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Another interesting week. One of my co-workers resigned unexpectedly, so there's been reshuffling of the work load and such going on. Fortunately this won't add to my work load, so that's good! She called me to chat several days ago and it sounds like a good opportunity (and more $$$$) for her, so I wish her well in her new endeavor.

The insomnia gremlins were rather obnoxious this week, so I admit to not having a spectacular work-out week. Still doing my morning stretches and pedaling away on Cubii. I'm sure I'll jinx myself by saying this, but so far, the August temps haven't been particularly brutal, so at least I'm not drained from the heat (just yet ). I also discovered the reason I didn't get a notification for Lee's live class on Monday is because he is away this week.

Margot - Tyntesfield looks absolutely amazing. Who knew poo could be so lucrative????

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Will catch up over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!!! Ugh this gross weather, no relief in sight for at least a week. Just got to chug through it. At least I'll get to see DS tonight, we're taking him out for Cajun food for his birthday.

Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 3
~ GYM for 15 minutes recumbent and 45 weight machines
~ 6,289 steps

Cyana, I'm sorry to hear you're down a staff member. Gee I wonder why? <snark at boss>

Interesting story about the merchant's mansion, Margot. The things that become sought after commodities. Wow on the Rubens and Bellini! We have some sea merchant homes, now museums, around here. Unfortunately most fortunes were made in whale oil, but there is a spice merchant mansion with fabulous pieces from China and the Middle East.

Good morning to Beth, Paine, Sandra and anyone else who pops in!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 10:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Life has been busy! I haven’t had time to catch my breath, but it’s been great fun! We got home on Tuesday after a lovely week of camping. Friends joined us for a few days as did DS2 & DIL who came home with us for a few days after. Now we are getting the house prepped for DS1 & family’s arrival today. Looking forward to some fun lake days over the weekend.

It was hot while we were camping, so although I got lots of steps in along with some yoga & resistance band work, I didn’t do any formal workouts. I am getting back at it this week.

Tues:
~ETV: Amanda’s live

Wed:
~ETV: Sahra’s live
~YT: 7 Minute Yoga with Weights
~Long yin session

Thurs:
~Jessica’s Dynamic Stretch
~Jessica’s Boost Metabolism & Muscle: Upper Focus

I’m way behind on personals, hope everyone is well!
Back later to post my workouts, waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt