Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-22, 09:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Low key day for me. I Zoomed my grandniece's yoga class and that's it. I was impressed, she had a lot of confidence and it was a fun class! In meditation and in between the poses she told us the story of Krishna, from his childhood as a cowherd. Interesting poses, too.

Beth, thank you for that channel, it looks great! I'm going to check out the bone health one soon.

Margot, yes the shoe bill is on Instagram. Yesterday there was a cute nest scene - dad brought back a tiny minnow sized fish and made junior wrestle him for it. Then he flew off. It seemed like a rather strong nudge it's time to learn how to hunt.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 10:21 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Voight's Great Weighted Workout (Lower Body Floor workout plus final stretch)

Voight's Lower Body Floor workout was really hard for me today. It had been a long time since I've done that workout. I used to always do it wearing 4 pounds on each ankle. Today I wore 2 pounds on each ankle then half way through had to drop to 1 pound on each ankle and then had to remove that and use no weights and it was still challenging. It pisses me off that I've lost so much strength but I'm not willing to do what it takes to build back my strength because I just don't want to workout that hard anymore.

Beth, thank you for the pilates link! I will check out her workouts.
I hope you have a good day at work tomorrow.

Pat, I had never heard of a shoebill crane. I googled and they look unusual!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 06:28 PM  
cyana

Quick fly by -

Mon: HIIT x 10 60-second cycles
I didn't get a notification for a live qi gong class last evening, and I ended up working late.
Tues: AM stretching and flexibility routine in the bed
PM - 30 minute walking work-out with Jen on the Bob & Brad channel. Posted 8.2.2022. Minimal space needed - would be good to do for a work break.

Just checked in on the osprey nest - the chick was eating and mom was also in the nest. I think this chick is in no hurry to desert home base!

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 02:52 AM  
Twigs

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was pretty low key, not having slept well the night before:
- Mimi Kuo-Deemer 2hr Workshop for the Heart - Maximum Yang Fire/Summer. The routine was just over 1 hour and was calming as well as strengthening. There was also a lot of good information in the presentation. Well worth the £10 for me, with the download as well.
- Karin - Spine and Ribcage Mobility as well as Abductors: Dynamic Stabilisation of Knee and Hip Joints

This morning:
- Ellen B Cardio Core
- Jessica Smith Strong & Centred - Upper Body Split. I cut it short by doing 1 circuit of each segment
- HealthBarre - 30 minute no props routine

Beth - Thanks for the link to Beth's Pilates YT classes. I did her 3 minute video on how to release tension in the neck. There was one move in Jessica's routine that niggled my neck this morning. I can't believe you're back to work already. It seems as though you only just broke up for the summer vacation.

Pat - I agree with Paine, that shoebill crane looks unusual, almost prehistoric.

Waves to Cyana, Sandra, Pam and anyone visiting today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Uck! Nothing here, it was too hot to even work out indoors. I could have done a Lucy at the office but oh well. We all need a rest day sometimes.

I visited the farmer's market after work and bought the most incredible locally grown blueberries. What a difference from store bought. Also the Roma flat green beans, that once a year treat. Fingers crossed it will be a twice per year treat and they will have more next Tuesday. I also treated myself to fig jam and pumpkin spice apple butter, stowed away for the wonderful October days to come.

Margot, how did you like Cardio Core? I liked it a lot.

Cyana, thanks for posting about the walking routine on B&B's channel. I flagged the 20 minute one.

Good morning to Paine and all who visit - stay everyone.
Old 08-03-22, 12:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today I walked 2 miles with my grandson.

Margot and Pat, when I first googled the picture of the shoebill crane, it reminded me of the extinct dodo bird!

Pat, I've been buying the Simple Truth Organic frozen blueberries at the market (Ralphs) and I really like them. Often when I buy fresh blueberries, they taste sour but the frozen brand I buy above are consistently good. My grandsons like them too.
Wow, I have never seen or heard of Roma flat green beans!! Those look fun. I like green beans so I bet they are good.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 02:32 PM  
cyana

Flying by again - I came across this YT video from Margaret Martin with a pre-bed stretch routine. Since I've been doing a pre-getting out of the bed in the morning stretch routine for several months, I've been thinking I need to come up with an evening routine to balance things out. Perhaps it will give us all some ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22rGUjqBO8

Need to get back to work - have a massive spreadsheet awaiting my attention.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 09:37 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

No workout for me yesterday -- went out to dinner with friends.

Today's Workout: It is hot, even after 7pm and even inside with A/C, so I kept it short with various upper body exercises from Margaret Richard's Good N Strong.

Paine: I totally get the feeling of not wanting to kill myself with workouts anymore!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Is it only Wednesday? This week feels like it's going slow. My yesterday:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 2
~ Evening stroll at the beach
~ A Jessica Valant back care Pilates
~ 5,112 steps

Sandra, sounds like you had a fine time yesterday.

Cyana, that routine looks nice. Bed is my favorite place in the world.

Paine, you're right! The shoebill looks like a long-legged, slender dodo. I steamed the Roma beans last night and they were so good.

Good morning to Beth and everyone else.
Old 08-04-22, 09:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Is it only Wednesday? This week feels like it's going slow. My yesterday:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 2
~ Evening stroll at the beach
~ A Jessica Valant back care Pilates
~ 5,112 steps

It was hot but there was a breeze at the beach. We walked to the tidal pool and the baby egrets were there. So dang cute. Some animals have to grow into their big feet or long legs - they have long legs and a big long neck to contend with and are SO silly.

Sandra, sounds like you had a fine time yesterday.

Cyana, that routine looks nice. Bed is my favorite place in the world.

Paine, you're right! The shoebill looks like a long-legged, slender dodo. I steamed the Roma beans last night and they were so good.

Good morning to Beth and everyone else.

Tags
bobandbrad, kassandra reinhardt