Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-21, 08:39 AM  
Sollamyn

I recently purchased this DVD, mostly for the foot/ankle workout. (For reference: I broke my ankle last August and I still have issues with it!) I did the workout the other day and previewed all the others. The foot/ankle workout suits my needs perfectly, as I am working on range of motion, strength, and flexibility in my feet and ankles. This 20-minute workout covers everything. Well, okay, I am planning to supplement it with some physical therapy and with Jessica Smith's foot/ankle workout, but, still...It's pretty thorough and I like the instructor.

I will be trying the other workouts at some point, as they do look good (and helpful), too!

Donna
Old 05-25-21, 05:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks for the reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
She did the same lunge series except she never went down on the opposite knee, so this side felt lacking.
this might be an alternative to "knee on the floor." when i feel stiff and need to do lunges or stretching in a lunge stance, i will place the forward foot on low stool, fanny lifter, Firm Wave, seat of a chair or even the couch. this ends up being shallow and allows you to control how deep you go.

"knee on the floor" is not as important as the primary emphasis which is stretching the thigh on the forward leg. secondary emphasis is the back leg.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 02:57 PM  
sillygirl

DVD will be on sale on Amazon tomorrow!

FYI - This will be on a Lightning Deal tomorrow, 5/27, starting around 7:40pm PDT. Amazon switched from stating a specific time to a countdown clock. I hope I calculated the time correctly. It’s showing 18 hours and 49 minutes from the time of this posting.

Edited for correct date of 5/27
sillygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 03:55 PM  
michl43

Hi, is the sale today 5/26 or 5/27?
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 03:59 PM  
Dancing Queen

I absolutely hated Legs and Thighs (it was more like a strength workout than a stretch, building tension in the legs instead of letting it go). However, the other four practices were relaxing and calming and tended to stretch places that don't often get that kind of TLC, so I'm satisfied overall.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 07:24 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I recently purchased this DVD, mostly for the foot/ankle workout. (For reference: I broke my ankle last August and I still have issues with it!) I did the workout the other day and previewed all the others. The foot/ankle workout suits my needs perfectly, as I am working on range of motion, strength, and flexibility in my feet and ankles. This 20-minute workout covers everything. Well, okay, I am planning to supplement it with some physical therapy and with Jessica Smith's foot/ankle workout, but, still...It's pretty thorough and I like the instructor.

I will be trying the other workouts at some point, as they do look good (and helpful), too!

Donna
Donna, Where is Jessica's foot/ankle workout? Thanks! Kathy
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 11:17 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
Hi, is the sale today 5/26 or 5/27?
Sorry, I meant 5/27!
Old 05-27-21, 09:38 AM  
sillygirl

Ok, my math was wrong...

The Lightning Deal starts in less than 3 minutes at 7:40am PDT!

Happy Shopping!
Old 05-27-21, 09:39 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Ok, my math was wrong...

The Lightning Deal starts in less than 3 minutes at 7:40am PDT!

Happy Shopping!
Could you let me know what the price is? I don't have prime and have to wait an extra 30 minutes until it's available for me to purchase.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 09:44 AM  
sillygirl

It’s on sale for $15.96 for the next almost 6 hours!

Tags
easy healing stretches, kathi ross nash, prevention