Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-17, 03:46 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Women's Health 20-Minute Workouts with Nikki Metzger

I just got an email from Rodale, they're offering the set for $13.99 (same price for Canadians!) and free shipping for two days only, they're also including a meal plan and a rotation calendar I think in PDF format. It seem to have three 20 Minutes workouts: Strength, High Intensity Cardio, and Strength & Conditioning, it also has an 8 minute abs bonus.

Here is the link:

https://offers.rodale.com/offer/6011...address_anchor

____

***I don't have the set, so I can't comment on it. But, if anyone have it, I would love to know their thoughts! TIA

ETA: It seems like this set was previously released as Women's Health Ignite.

The following moves are a sneak peek at the fat-blasting, cal-torching method you'll find on her Ignite from Women's Health DVD.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 11:28 AM  
violingal3

That's a great deal! I bought this with a few other things from Rodale when they had some year end promotions... Lindseylu8 has a review here: http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/2016/...featuring.html

I actually did all the workouts yesterday and really enjoyed them! I can see myself stacking all three together or just using burn and build on separate days and adding sweat on to each on those. The cardio workout itself was a good little workout. When I don't feel like doing a hiit session on the treadmill after weights, this will be a nice alternative for me. I felt like I got a great cardio workout form this one. The ab workout was a little rushed for me - just 20 seconds of each move repeating over and over. Now that I know how it's formatted, I'll do it a little differently but still follow along. I love the fresh clean look of the set and Nikki was a good instructor.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 12:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Nikki Metzger has a lot of mini youtube workouts and has her own fitness company, apparently.

is this the actual clip of the workout:
https://offers.rodale.com/offer/600380?keycode=256338

are there any burpees or mountain climbers? :-/

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 12:48 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
are there any burpees or mountain climbers? :-/
Lindsey's review has the list of moves. There are some in the cardio but they don't last long - I despise these moves and they didn't bother me.
Old 01-15-17, 01:40 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I like the looks of these workouts. I actually like burpees, but I can't stand bear crawls. Anyone have a modification?

I clicked on the second link of SweetasSugar's original post, & it has clips of the new Dance Cardio dvd. That one looks good also, but, of course, right now it's $27.95. I will want that one if the price goes down.

Thanks for posting about this dvd. Thanks to Women's Health for continuing to make dvd's!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 02:31 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I keep getting e-mails from Women's Health about a 2 dvd set called, "With Yoga." When I click on the link, it takes me to a page that has clips of the workouts, which look good for the most part, but some of the moves seem very advanced, I would definitely have to modify. This set is still priced at $29.95, but it seems there is a lot of content. Has anyone bought this set yet?

http://www.rodalestore.com/with-yoga...health#start=1

I can't figure out how to do a link for it.

https://offers.rodale.com/offer/6010...197_0001592951

Okay, I guess the above links are working. You also get a yoga block & strap. The second link is the one from the e-mail I got, I'm not sure if the first link has the same "deal" of getting free shipping when paying with a credit card. I forgot to say I ordered the Nikki Metzger dvd. I'm excited!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!

Last edited by Jennifer P.; 01-15-17 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Trying to do a link. Posted wrong price first time around.
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 03:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Violingal, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and for Lindsey's review, sounds great!

Jennifer, I hope you'll like it, at this price I think I'll order myself. If you mean Selena Watkins's dance DVD, I opened a thread about it here: http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f....php?p=2686124, it seems like not too many people are interested in Caribbean style dance workouts around here, but I do love the look of it! // ETA: I just checked the video again, and noticed they changed the background music before it was dancehall (I think), I hope they didn't change the music in the program as well, I'm confused!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 01-15-17, 03:32 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I like the looks of these workouts. I actually like burpees, but I can't stand bear crawls.
You could always do burpees! They don't show up too much either and don't last long, there is a modifier for every move so I guess you could follow along with her for that one.

I bought With Yoga and Yoga for Runners and just got them, so I'll let you know if they are any good!
Old 01-15-17, 03:33 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I ordered this yesterday after I received the email. I had these two DVD's in my Kineticflix queue but I couldn't pass on $14!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 05:27 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is this the actual clip of the workout:
https://offers.rodale.com/offer/600380?keycode=256338
Bzar, the only differences from your link and mine are the DVD tittle, DVD cover and price, all the rest (description, video, etc.) is exactly the same. // I don't know why they changed the cover, I actually like the first one better!

Tags
20 minute workouts, nikki metzger, women's health