Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-05-22, 08:50 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
A few recs:

- Greg Smithey's Buns of Steel (no bridge, but killer workout, spec. for inner and outer thighs, you could skip his warm up, and do your own)
Yes - this! It’s brutal and effective. I usually split up the floor work and do on separate days, and I skip the warmup and abs sections.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 09:45 AM  
TracyQ

Thanks for all the great recommendations. I ended up doing the Great Weighted Workout which was perfect. My workout room is miserably hot even with two fans I was sweating before I even started working out so doing standing leg work was definitely not an option.

I have a lot of the workouts you all recommended but haven’t done a lot of them in ages. (I don’t do a lot of floor work unless it’s Pilates). I am definitely going to put some of them in my rotation for the rest of the summer. I’m working hard on getting my legs stronger mainly to help with my cycling.

I’m really looking forward to trying the Caroline Girvan workout Alison posted. I think I will try that next.

I had Buns of Steel twice and traded it twice I may try to reacquire it

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 03:38 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love GWW! Tracy, why did you trade Buns of Steal?! Maybe give it a try from YouTube (if you haven't done it yet) before buying to see if you like it? His jokes made me laugh through the pain! I used to dread floorwork, but now that I am doing it often I am loving it, and my legs are getting stronger. I def. think all those reps in floorwok will help you build muscle endurance for your cycling. Have fun and feel the burn!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 04:52 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post

I had Buns of Steel twice and traded it twice I may try to reacquire it
Definitely try it on YouTube before re-acquiring it. I used to love it years ago, but I tried it recently and it made my knees unhappy. Maybe if you’re good at modifying it’d be okay…? Some of the angles just felt a bit twinge-y.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, floorwork