Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-08-22, 07:38 AM  
SandyO

buff, you were right about FUEL Day 24. It's my favorite full body so far.
Old 07-09-22, 07:27 AM  
buffmama

Today's Fuel Day 4 PHA FB was the lunge and squat workout with other stuff so it wasn't straight lunges and squats. How about another round of compound upper body moves to counter all the unilateral leg work Caroline?! Stupid me, this week was heavy on legs. There will be more stretching later my IT bands are tight. But that also speaks to the Cee's 40-4-40 FB program in that I probably need more leg work. Her push-pull-legs says it's a 3x week program but I just read that PPL is supposed to be 6x week to get the volume in. Something else to think about. I was going to add in full body but maybe need a better idea.

Re: Cathe roadtrip, I'm nixing it. Just slap me if I ever bring it up again. I have too much to do at home to clean up a bit and homework for a class I'm taking. And I'm not even doing her workouts! Sigh.
Old 07-09-22, 07:41 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Re: Cathe roadtrip, I'm nixing it. Just slap me if I ever bring it up again. I have too much to do at home to clean up a bit and homework for a class I'm taking. And I'm not even doing her workouts! Sigh.
Well, at least you had enough energy to consider it. I can't even gather up the motivation to get over to visit Vannie and my daughter.

Week 5 of 6 of FUEL Series done. I'm still loving it. Everyday is a heart pounding sweatfest.
Old 07-11-22, 08:20 AM  
buffmama

Fuel is ending, I'm almost done with the FB workouts, and I start looking at the split workouts. Maybe if I intersperse these with cardio days... and of course..make each workout my own. . ie.No static lunges for me today , I stepped back but held onto my weights when she dropped it to compensate. I would expect similar modifications in the future.
Old 07-13-22, 09:00 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home around 5:30 last night from my family reunion. I was in Indiana for a week (well 2 days were traveling). Had a nice relaxing time and got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad and my uncle in NM weren't able to go bc fuel prices are ridiculous. My MN aunt rode with me. It cost us $285 for gas round trip. My dad drives a diesel and lives in AZ. There was no way that was affordable. I was a bum while I was there and only went for a walk once and never did any of my PT. Gotta get back on track now that I'm back home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 07:31 AM  
SandyO

FUEL Series complete! I'm taking a very light week next week before deciding what's next.
Old 07-16-22, 07:53 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - How great that you got to spend time with your family despite the crazy gas prices. Sorry your dad couldn't make it.

Sandy - Congrats on finishing Fuel. I know you pushed harder than I would have.

RE Trifecta's Flows - Why does she have to go so fast? I tend to not get through the transitions in time and any rolling postures seem so much more effective slower. Thankfully I liked Heather's workout I picked.
Old 07-18-22, 11:03 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
RE Trifecta's Flows - Why does she have to go so fast? I tend to not get through the transitions in time and any rolling postures seem so much more effective slower. Thankfully I liked Heather's workout I picked.
I assume you are referring to her newest class, and I have to agree this was even faster paced than her usual fast paced. Not a fan. I think often the ones labeled beginner are the most effective because they are slower, and she speaks to good form throughout the workouts.
Old 07-20-22, 02:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Had my appt today. My PT called it a gait assessment so I'm not sure if how it went wasn't really what she expected or if my expectations of what gait analysis means is different, but I would call it more if a foot assessment. She felt and looked my feet all over, watched me walk back and forth a few times, watched how I stand, asked a lot of questions, looked at my x-rays, looked at my walking and running shoes inside and out and the wear on the insoles and tread, took a print of my feet, watched me run down a hall and back and then explained everything and showed me where the dysfunction is happening. She said your feet definitely need help, which the callusing is telling us, but they are not that bad, are totally manageable and stay away from the knife! I was so happy to hear that. She showed me her feet bc they're very similar to mine and she has managed her bunions for 40 years, has no calluses anymore, and her feet look better than mine do right now. I do still have the appt for the second opinion next month and I will listen to what he has to say but my questions will be directed more toward what exercises should I be doing and is there anything I should be avoiding or minimizing or modifying. Anyway, she'll be making orthotics for me but is backed up so it will be about weeks till I get them. I have a heel insole thing that will give support to keep the heels from tilting in until the orthotics come in and I could feel the difference even though it isn't much correction. After those come in I can look at getting new shoes. She also highly recommended I buy padded socks to give the metatarsals extra cushion.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-21-22, 07:18 AM  
Vantreesta

I am looking forward to a quiet wknd. Last week I got home from IN on Tuesday, left Friday evening for my FIL's and came home Sunday, then Monday I had an appt an hour away from home and groceries took up that afternoon, yesterday the appt was an hour away and tmrw is just an oil change in my town but still, another thing to wreck my morning routine! Yesterday I never got in a real workout, just two toe yoga sessions and some ball massage. I was so tired I even took a nap in the afternoon.