Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-18, 07:48 PM  
BamaTanya

Question Is this Natalie Jill / Prevention program brand new?

https://order.hearstproducts.com/sub...roducts/241090
I'd love to hear details if anyone knows more.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 07:57 PM  
MoFirmer

I don't know if this program is new. Just beware ordering from Prevention. I had something in my cart one evening and didn't check out.... the next thing I knew I had an email from them thanking me for my order. I went in and cancelled it. Others on here were talking about this same procedure recently. I have purchased her programs but did it from Amazon. She has a 7 day jumpstart book and dvds on Amazon.
Old 07-10-23, 08:09 AM  
bubbles76

Exclamation ----old thread alert!!!----

Reviving very old thread. Anyone ever try this one?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-23, 04:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Reviving very old thread. Anyone ever try this one?
Amazon has a clip of this workout:
https://www.amazon.com/Preventions-A...ustomerReviews

in addition, Mary sells a series by Natalie called REV 4.
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/516.htm

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-23, 07:18 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Bzar! It was the amazon clip that got me interested. But the reviews were mixed. Wanted to see what some VFers thought. I don't have any of her other workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-12-23, 09:03 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I have her other workouts but not this one. Her other workouts are pretty bodyweight oriented and fairly repetitive (and a little boring). I now have some wrist/hand and shoulder issues (thanks perimenopause!) so I haven't done them recently. But I remember thinking they were like Horizontal Conditioning but perhaps a little easier.

She is good Instagram follow though!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 10:37 AM  
bubbles76

Really? I liked the idea of Horizontal Conditioning, but found the workouts hard and boring. Maybe I'll like this one better? Do you want to offload your Natalie Jill workouts? I probably have something good to trade
Old 07-12-23, 11:00 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Really? I liked the idea of Horizontal Conditioning, but found the workouts hard and boring. Maybe I'll like this one better? Do you want to offload your Natalie Jill workouts? I probably have something good to trade
Hah, nice try but I'm holding on to all my workouts in the *hopes* that I'll one day be able to go back to bodyweight workouts post-menopause, if that ever happens!

I considered her workouts to be HoCo-light, which although very effective, are just so hard on my body currently, and then there's the dread factor of being somewhat boring...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-23, 11:13 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Hah, nice try but I'm holding on to all my workouts in the *hopes* that I'll one day be able to go back to bodyweight workouts post-menopause, if that ever happens!

I considered her workouts to be HoCo-light, which although very effective, are just so hard on my body currently, and then there's the dread factor of being somewhat boring...
Haha, well it was worth a try! You lose 100% of the shots you don't take I still love to trade, even though it seems to have slowed down much around here...

You give me some good insight into her workout style though. I like bodyweight workouts as a nice change of pace. Truthfully, bodyweight is the best for my body as far as strength and aesthetics, but I just love weights too much to give them up

Tags
natalie jill, over 40, prevention