Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-22, 05:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug, sorry about Lux! Hope you are able to figure out something.

As far as HoCo tomorrow, I don't think I'm in -- at this point I don't know that we'll have power for any workout. It's insane out there, and lots of flooding. We are actually wondering if the road that goes to the freeway is going to wash out and we will be "stuck". It's flooded in at least four places and a river is coming down the hillside onto it. Crazy day. But you two enjoy! Oh, kittybug, definitely try some Hamelin -- bet you might like it -- but I don't really have a recommendation for you, sorry. Horusosiris probably will.

Chele, you are zooming on that treadmill -- that's fantastic! We never did go drive around for Christmas lights this year. None of us were very much into it for some reason.

cataddict, I did the new PHA this morning -- really enjoyed it, but I would have loved to repeat both the rounds -- I think I'll do it that way some time. I was short on time this morning.... and also racing the power outage, I guess. I was also really conscious of my shoulders! Re: grandchildren.... one of my sister's daughters is very strict with her kids, so my sister has some sort of rebellious streak in her to break those rules. The other daughter is really laid back, so no rules to break there, but my sister is definitely having a great time "spoiling" all of them, as grandmas sometimes do.

I have *got* to check out those Chris Dorner workouts -- you guys make them sound like so much fun! I never think about it when I'm picking my workouts.

Happy New Year, all! Let's be Fierce!
Old 12-31-22, 06:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee! I solved the mystery! The blond woman's name is Sharon, she turned 60 and Cathe mentioned it in Live #422 Plyo Legs!

Today I did Rev'd Up Rumble Scrambled 1 "extreme" double calorie crush mishmosh. The quotes are mine since it wasn't "puke in a bucket" extreme, just longer with the double shot of the Calorie Crush. It was a good one--the Calorie Crush was at the beginning and again at the end. I modified the burpees and got my heart rate up.

I followed it with another short Chris Dorner--#261 Step for all levels. This one had Tara who I call Gumby Girl. I saw her in another workout and couldn't believe how high she could kick!! Chris said she is a dancer (in the other workout) so it makes sense that she seems so graceful and flexible.

Happy New Year to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-22, 07:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ah yes! We both did that Plyo legs in somewhat recent times -- thanks for figuring it out! Not to take anything away from her, but she looks a lot better for 70 than for 60.
Old 12-31-22, 08:15 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I pulled out a really old KCM, Ready, Step, Go. I did the first half. It was very fun, athletic choreography, good music.

Cataddict I think it was you who mentioned the CVG shorts a while ago. Today I wore a pair of the capris I bought. This was my first experience with this brand. I love the fun patterns but the material is a little thicker than I like and I don’t like the thin elastic at the top of the waistband. But I wanted to tell you about the shorts. I got the 5 inch length. I don’t think they’re too short and they have the grippy stuff on the inside so they won’t ride up during a workout. I haven’t put them to the test yet, but I think they will suit me well. My favorite is still Athleta.

Bee I hope everything turns out ok for you with the flooding. Yikes!

Happy New Year my Watulan friends.
Old 12-31-22, 09:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Ah yes! We both did that Plyo legs in somewhat recent times -- thanks for figuring it out! Not to take anything away from her, but she looks a lot better for 70 than for 60.
Girl you said what I was thinking. I always remember being told that you should tell people you are older than you are so people will think you look great for your age!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-22, 11:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey, Watulans!!

I'll catch up with posts tomorrow but for tonight wanted to keep the tradition going of starting the 2023 new Watulan check-in thread. See y'all over there, and Happy New Year!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in