Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-21, 01:30 PM  
Vantreesta

This is what I did for Monday's workouts:
15 minutes (from Halloween Dance Workout for The Whole Family | The Studio by Jamie Kinkeade, YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
7 minutes (from TTSL Desk Jockey WOD 3/10/21 -- 4 rounds)
10 minutes (from J. Miller YTU Quick Fix Rx Lower Body Series-feet & ankles)
10 minutes (from 1.01 mi run)

Sunday my friend and I spent most of the day at the closing day of the Ren Fest and had so much fun. No men or kids to worry about, just us and our credit cards. Yesterday I should have sucked it up and pushed through the blah low feelings but I gave in and never did workout. I need to get off my butt now and get smthg done for today!

Pratima, I'm planning to put up my cemetery tmrw and then I'll be done. Yeah, being on a Sunday is kind of weird. I wonder if the kids will be out earlier than usual. I haven't decided if I'll sit outside to hand out candy again like last year or just stay inside like usual.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 04:25 PM  
Vantreesta

I did these today. Overcame tiredness, lethargy and funk so even though it isn't much it's better than nothing! I have missed two runs this week and that means two Zombies Run missions missed!

HALLOWEEN INSPIRED FULL BODY WORKOUT!! || NO Equipment! -Sharona’s Hill--there was no warmup or stretch, 3 rounds of bodyweight exercises; next time hopefully I remember to do a warmup first

Zumba Sulu: Halloween Zumba Cool Down/Stretch (The Nightmare Before Christmas)--made me smile!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-07-21, 07:09 AM  
Daphne M

Alison - I got excited for your Seagull experience this morning. I was driving in to the office and passed a car similar to yours with a bike on its roof and immediately wondered if it was you heading out. It was EARLY -- like 6:20 ish -- on Franconia-Springfield Pkwy. Odds are that it was someone else, but just in case -- good luck, have fun fun fun, you deserve it.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:30 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Daphne: My bike is on the back of my car (plus I probably have a different car from last time we saw each other). I’m too afraid of a roof bike rack because I always fear I’ll forget the bike is there and go under something too low.

I did, in fact, finish the Seagull Century. My ride time was 6:52. I stopped my watch at the rest stops. Total time was about 7:35. It was both not as bad and harder than expected. The wind was rough. Experienced riders said it was worse than most years, but it’s always windy. I struggled a bit around 70 miles, but then after the rest stop at mile 83, I felt pretty good for the finish. I drove to the beach yesterday morning for a little calm time with the ocean and then drove home.

I took Megan to the Jonas Brothers concert last night and somehow stayed awake past midnight getting out of the horrible parking lot and driving home. She LOVES the JoBros, and I’ve been taking her to their concerts since she was 5 years old, so it was worth it. Today is a soccer game over an hour south of here. No rest for me!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:46 AM  
Vantreesta

Three cheers for Alison! So glad you completed your century and sounds like you enjoyed it! I am very impressed and then you just keep going! That must feel really good knowing you can accomplish smthg like that. So nice to be able to go to the concert with Megan too. Those times are irreplaceable and precious.

Friday morning our washing machine died so I ended up doing a lot of research on new ones and never worked out. Saturday was supposed to baking at a friend's house but we had to postpone a day so hubby came home from work and we went and bought new washer and dryer from the appliance store we bought everything from 16 years ago. They will be delivered tmrw. The rest of the day I spent baking two cakes for cake balls and a pie plus putting up my cemetery. Of course we had barely a breeze for the previous couple weeks and Saturday was the first day in a while of 15+ mph wind so by bedtime I had already restaked two tombstones twice and then brought 4 in. The ground is so hard from lack of rain that nothing wants to stick in. I even bent a plastic stake. Yesterday was fun baking even though we were both tired, and we finished a lot earlier than usual so I was home in time for the White Sox game (which we won!). When I got home I saw the rest of my tombstones were down so brought them all in. Today I will try watering the ground where I want the stakes and see if I can get them in better. Will also workout, clear out the laundry room and clean out the pantry.

Old 10-12-21, 06:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Popping in

To say CONGRATULATIONS to Alison. . . .

See -- I knew you could do it!!! Yep. It is the flattest, but no one warns you about the headwinds! Glad you had a good time.

Congratulations again!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 09:45 AM  
Vantreesta

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/vi...p=27393#p27393

I posted a few more Halloween pics if anyone is interested. I'll try to be back later to check in workouts.

Old 10-15-21, 10:06 AM  
Daphne M

Alison - Echoing Cleda here - CONGRATULATIONS!

It's been at least 15 years since my last full century and the one thing I remember is that they are HARD. It sounds like you had a great ride, even with the wind to deal with and those scary horses. I'm super happy for you. (And glad to hear you don't have a roof mount for the bike: I'm with you, that is a disaster waiting to happen!)

Vannie - Sounds like the Halloween decorations are coming along nicely. Did you get the new washing machine yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

Waves to Pratima and Cleda!

I've been consistently inconsistent. I had a two week period of total insanity at work. Long hours, high pressure, lots of public scrutiny. By the middle of the 2nd week, I was a ball of stress and my only fitness goal was to stay on track for my Hydrow Fall "Commit to Fit" badge. (4 x 20 minute workouts per week for four weeks from 9/13-10/10) Not gonna lie, it was touch and go a few times due to lack of time, sleep and energy plus badly-timed knee issues. Luckily Hydrow has some great Pilates workouts that qualified for the badge and allowed me to give my achy knee a break from constant rowing.

I seem to have fixed my knee problem by making two changes in the last five days: (1) I started running every day. For some reason I've never understood, running has always helped fix my rare knee pains. Go figure. (2) I raised the seat on my Peloton bike. Knees feel great again. Hooray. I wish other body parts were just as cooperative!

Other thoughts:
Hydrow -
  • I did a wonderful live row with Mike last Sunday on the Charles River in Boston. It's already up in the Library -- a 20 minute Drive called "Our Common Thread" -- highly recommend 14/10 if you're still using the app.
  • Also highly recommend a couple of the "Rhythm Sculpt" Pilates workouts with Christie. They're fun. She partners up with another female rower, Mac and they laugh and coordinate the movements with the music perfectly.
  • Very funny and fun row in the Library with Aquil and Nick rowing together: "20 Minute Low Rhythms Row on 10/8/21." It's a 20 minute Breathe, they trash talk, the music is good and it flies by.
Peloton -
  • The bike is still humbling me! I'm mostly doing 20 minute Low Impact rides or music-themed rides and occasionally feel brave enough for a 30 minute ride.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with the metrics. Sometimes I just want to soft pedal my way through an entire class but I don't have enough backbone yet to ignore the metrics and just enjoy a lazy ride. And it's not like I'm particularly fast when I'm trying! Usually between 16 and 17 mph. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm usually 16 mph and imagining myself at 17.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 10:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Daphne, we did buy a new washer and dryer on Saturday and they were delivered Tuesday. I rewashed the aborted load on Wednesday and liked them fine. Not smthg I'm super picky about, as long as they wash and dry!

Old 10-19-21, 02:35 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm adding my own creation for a Halloween workout.

My idea was to do the workout to Thriller. Edited: made no sense the way I wrote it originally. So maybe this will be better: Do each exercise for 31 sec work/10 sec rest, 31 sec rest between rounds, 1-4 rounds.

Thrusters
Hand to hand kettlebell swings
Reverse lunges
Inverted rows
Lateral lunges
Lat (ribcage) pullovers
Elevated pushups
Renegade rows

I'm planning to do this one and The Pumpkin Workout by Kindal Boyle ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKN...dWRhj1&index=4) on Halloween (or possibly the day before since I don't usually workout on Sundays and may just binge horror movies that day).