Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-21, 09:26 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Safe travels for your DH and Lucy.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 10:21 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 12,503

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-07-21, 03:34 PM  
seabliss

Today I did half of Heather Robertson's low impact cardio and legs workout--about 21 minutes before the Internet stopped working. The TV in this apartment is frustrating anyway, and I've ended up using my laptop for workouts. But the Internet is also not the greatest. But I did get in 10k steps, at least.

It was a good day, though--DD finished her school week. She has Fridays off from school (just homework, which can be a lot), and she's starting to get into the groove. I was able to get some cleaning done with DH out. The weather was beautiful. We walked to some shops to get some things for our dog before she arrives. We still need to get a few more items, so we'll be looking tomorrow. DH should be in the US by now! I'm sure it's a bit weird for him, also I know he's exhausted. Hopefully he can get some good rest tonight.

Cynthia, glad things have cooled off there!
Old 10-07-21, 08:25 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. This one had elbow planks with your feet on the small ball, which was really hard. They now are using circle bands, which I don't have yet. I ordered, of course.

Cheryl, your DD is a real trouper and so adaptable. How is the Portuguese coming? I know those Heather Robertsons can be really hard. Hope your DH is managing all the travel and culture shock ok.

Cynthia, glad it cooled off for you. It's going to be 90 here tomorrow. Crazy for October and really not good that it's still this hot at this time.

Diana, great job with all those steps!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 08:25 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-07-21, 09:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, I don't plan to put my feet on a ball anytime soon for planks, I'm wobbly enough. I imagine it gets your core, though.

The bank people called and woo-hoo I got the re-fi. The next step is signing, and getting that notarized. That hasn't been scheduled yet b/c I missed the call.

Also, I bought new dining chairs. I bought table & chairs as a set at least 35 years ago. The table is solid but the chairs were all rickety. HandyKen was here today putting the new chairs together, which I had tried to do and failed. He really is a treasure. He took away the shipping boxes and the old chairs. I wrote him a check of course but also made a batch of blueberry pancakes for him to take home.

So, what with one thing and another, no workout.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 06:50 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

CynthiaYay for Handy Ken! A real treasure!

Steps for yesterday: 10,618

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-08-21, 04:54 PM  
seabliss

Today I suckered myself into doing a harder workout than I had wanted from Heather Robertson. I saw that it was upper body, no equipment, about 40 minutes. I didn't see the last part of the title on my screen, which was "HIIT." So I got stuck doing burpees, mountain climbers, etc. this morning. I didn't want to get my hair sweaty as I just got it cut for the first time since June (quite a different cut but good) and I didn't want to lose that professional blowout. I think I saved it. Also, I got almost 13,5k steps.

Cynthia, congratulations on the refi! New chairs, sparkling house, fresh start!

Lynn, the feet on the ball thing is definitely a core workout! It sounds like you're really enjoying Barre 3 again, with ordering the circle bands.

Diana, is your church starting to gear up for planning holiday (Christmas etc.) events?
Old 10-08-21, 06:26 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. No core on ball, but this one had the upside down chair (glute bridge lifts with heels on chair -- always challenging, but doable). They have added different workouts -- stretch, weights, flow, which I haven't really tried much, but I may do more of the stretch and flow. Not the weights so much.

Cheryl, I always mess up my hair after getting it cut almost immediately, so good for you not doing it! Hats off to you doing Heather HIIT. I can imagine that is really hard. And believe me, imagining is all I am going to do with that gal, because her non-HIIT is plenty hard enough for me. I do love it when she sort of rolls her eyes at you when things get tough even for her.

Cynthia, congrats on the re-fi, and on the new table and chairs. Plus handy Ken. We all want to clone him.

Diana, sounds like you are really Walking on and on!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 08:46 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Congrats on the refi!

Cheryl We are making plans. We are a very small church so we don't do a lot. We decorate and the ladies group will have their Christmas party. I think we might have a luncheon as a church family but we don't have that planned yet. We do have a Thanksgiving luncheon planned.

Waving Hi to Lynn. I hope Linda checks back in soon. I can send her a message.

No workout to report. I worked on cleaning the house today.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana