Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-21, 09:57 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Got the new phone set up, but I need to address a couple quirky things. Just for laughs I removed the old glass cover. Everything was fine until I dropped it. It was sticky so I couldn't clean it off. I put it on the new phone but it's dirty. I will probably have to get a new one. Then I accidentally signed up for their cloud. It's free for 30 days but I don't want it. So I need to figure that out.

Check-In: 1 hour walk and CS 1023 Lengthen and Strengthen Core

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 11:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks all for prayers and healing thoughts for (the other) Diana. Lynn, yes, a fractured vertebra (C-5 IIRC). It's worrisome that she sometimes has trouble swallowing or breathing. I hope the MRI will lead to some helpful diagnosis and treatment.

I went to a funeral today in San Jose. Bertha's husband of 68 years was the dearly departed. She's a soprano in the San Jose choir and had requested that the San Jose choir sing Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus. There were at least 20 of us who did. It wasn't my kind of ceremony (Roman Catholic Mass of Christian Burial) but it was very well done. The priest explained things like the meaning of putting a blanket on the casket and the incense. Bertha, age 95, sang Ave Maria. I was impressed. She still has her high notes and pitch was not a problem. Plus I can't imagine that I could get through a solo at a funeral of someone I loved that much, without crying.

I was pretty well exhausted from over 3 hours of driving. Traffic was awful on the way there.
No workout for me today.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 07:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 11,585

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-20-21, 08:30 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 -- after vowing I wouldn't do their strength training ones, I did one and it was quite good and challenging. Three sets of alternating upper and lower body with plenty of time to do weight adjustment and good exercise choices. They seem to be improving in this area.

Diana, sounds like time for a new phone cover. But all in all the transition seems to be going with a minimum of drama. Usually tech changes involve way more drama, so that's good.

Cynthia, neck fractures are so scary. Sending all best wishes and prayers for Diana's recovery. And yes, singing at the funeral of a loved one seems amazing. I am contemplating my speech at the ceremony for the unveiling of my dad's grave marker and not sure I will be able to get it out without breaking down, so I told DH to be ready to back me up with a speech or prayer just in case. And it's been months now. Last time we went to the grave I wasn't really able to get through the psalm reading. But to sing...no way.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 02:15 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a 25-minute upper body strength workout from Zanna van Dijk. This one was on her Instagram TV, which is where she's posting most new workouts rather than Youtube. I don't know the strategy behind this, but I prefer Youtube because I can use it on TV better (and it's wide instead of tall on the screen). But it was a good workout.

Diana, great about the phone! Definitely get a new screen saver. They are cheap and a dirty one can scratch your actual screen.

Lynn, sounds like a good strength workout from barre 3.

Cynthia, interesting about the funeral, and impressive about the widow's singing.
Old 10-20-21, 04:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Another Fe Fit barre workout. I had the set years ago but didn't keep it. 2 weeks ago I stumbled upon one of their barre workouts on youtube. I liked it so much I went hunting for the DVDs, which I found on ebay - a complete set (no gear or paperwork, but all the DVDs in original case) for $9.99. All the Fe Fit workouts are about a half hour, which is my comfort zone. In a week or 2 I'll start doing my Dailey Method DVDs in preparation for my barre retreat with Jill Dailey.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 09:15 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Check-In: Outdoor walk before church

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-21-21, 09:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 8,591

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-21-21, 11:46 AM  
seabliss

Today I did a Heather Robertson lower body strength workout. I can make the one set of weights work for now, as long as I choose the right workouts. Thankful to have them and looking forward to my full collection.

We had an amazing lunch at a restaurant nearby with an older couple who comes to Portugal from Boston a few times a year. We are meeting a lot of people; mostly expats at this point, but hopefully we will develop friendships with some Portuguese natives later on. It is harder to do that.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. We'll find a romantic restaurant to enjoy some food together. We already took the trip to Europe, lol.
Old 10-21-21, 01:22 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Tomorrow is our anniversary. We'll find a romantic restaurant to enjoy some food together. We already took the trip to Europe, lol.
LOL Happy Anniversary!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana