Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-21, 05:46 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I didn't know I could auto-sync my FitBit! I'll have to look into that. No, it does not bother me that your sister only does hers at the end of the day. Besides, so far, you have been winning! You did inspire me to get out and walk on Sunday morning so that I could finally catch up/beat you!
As for walking without a dog, Baxter was my go to walking buddy, but he has really slowed down this summer. He is at least 10, runaway rescue, so no real way of knowing. I'm hoping he gets more energy as the weather cools down, but he may not.
Cleda - Are you doing a Peloton strength challenge? I need to look into theirs. I haven't tried too many of their strength workouts, but I've only really liked about half of the ones I've tried. I'm not blaming them, I may have just made some bad choices.

10/3 - Just a morning walk, 2.5 miles.
10-4 - 2 Miles with Leslie
Jessica's Upper Focus from Boost Your Metabolism & Muscle

I'm still working on my goals, but I want to get back to daily push-ups (I was down to only 3-4 days a week).
1 Barre day
2 Weight days
1 Run day
1 Spin day
1 Classical Stretch day
I also want to workout at least 60 minutes, and that does not include dog walks, which can be a lot of stopping and sniffing.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 07:05 PM  
Helen

LILI
NO need to justify walking without Baxter (I'm just playing with you).
My Frodo lived to 17, so I know all about the slow-walk.
Glad the challenge pushed you a bit.
I don't know IF the FitBit can auto-synch or not. Just noticed that mine definitely WASN'T.
This is a bit of a drive-by - I'm back at work (online, so at the computer with a couple of minutes to wait for something).

Have a great day! Maybe I'll pop in to break up the screen lessons.???

ETA forgot to do the business:
Monday, 4th October
Chrono: 50min, Cathe - Intensity Series - Pyramid Lower Body
not as nasty as I'd imagined
Buddy: 52min, Cathe - Greatest Hits - Bonus Circuit Workout Mix

ETA Tuesday
All I did was a dog walk. Barely made it over 3k steps for the day, but almost made it to 10 hours of work.

Wednesday after work:
Mental musings.....
Good: My next Chrono workout is NOT The Terminator - Imax Extreme, as I'd forgotten all about the Pyramid Bonus Workout.
Really pleased as I will used the weights I noted with the PUB & PLB to use "next time" - love it when I have the weights RIGHT. Hard enough not to be a waste of time, but not so hard I can't finish the workout.
And it's the 6th! So it's on for TODAY.
Bad: It doesn't give me many steps, and just after 4pm, I'm sitting at 871 steps (egad!).
Good: Could take Alice out for a looong walk before it gets dark and chilly - been a lovely day, clear & still.
Bad: Buddy said she'd be ON tonight, so I'd have to fit the Pyramid Bonus around her (she'd never do it) so if I walk Alice now, I'd end up doing workout back-to-back.
..... I'd best MOVE either way - move AWAY from the computer! I've been sitting here most of the day (online teaching).
musing continue...
Good: Decided to DO the Bonus NOW - that'll give me plenty of time before buddy calls, and can take Alice out in between the two.
ok, musings over...
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 05:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Wait WHAT????

I thought I checked in (obviously not!) Guess it's my turn. So let me do the workouts (can't believe I'm this far behind):

10/4/2021: Row 30 mins.
w/Mike, 10 mins. Core with RAd, 10 mins. Glutes & Legs with Ben, 20 mins. Glutes and Legs with the new instructor: Irish Daniel

10/5/2021: Row 30 mins,
core 10 mins with Robin Arzon, 10 mins. chest & Back with Adrian, 10 mins. Sam Yo (ed Sheerhan light weights & arms).

10/6/2021: 10 mins Core w/Callie, 15 mins. Barre with Hannah, came home after work and did a 30 mins. DRIVE (Row) and then did a 45 mins. 7 year anniversary ride with CDE.

I must say Christine looks so happy these days. She is in tip top racing form and just beams with happiness. Her ride was ok. It was more of a steady state for me, but I needed it. She used to be my favorite, but we had a sort of falling out when I moved on to Bradley Rose and others, but she's still always there for me.

I have one more workout and my commit to fit obligation for Hydrow is complete. That' was my 4 workouts of 20+ mintues per day for 4 weeks. It has been fun. I like the 4x a week, otherwise I don't do it. Of course, because of committing to that my running and jump rope has fallen off.

I need to check with Bellicon and find out what the difference between my subscription (used to be the "BE FIT at home" or something like that) and the "at home" subscription ---- the At home one?? Is available through my Roku and I would like that (to have it on the big screen without too much fiddling around). That's' going on my to do list for tomorrow. Checking into it. I am almost through my first 7 days of this Strength challenge.

I am over the intial stiffness. Thank heavens I didn't get too sore.
Ok, gotta run. Looks like I'll be doing a split workout again (morning and night) since I have worked on other things this morning.

Make it a great day.
Shout outs and responses later.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 04:39 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - as much as I appreciate you and your sister including me in your daily challenge, I don't think I am going to continue. The time difference just makes it too hard for me. I do enjoy the competition, but trying to win by 9am was just not in my workout paramaters.
Cleda - glad you are enjoying your rowing challenge! It's a good way to be consistent!

10/5 - dog walk
20 Min. Classical Run w/ Becs Gentry
1/2 of a 30 min. Cardio Rebounder by GymRa on YouTube
10/6 - GHU Gold Live BTB1 (Biceps, Triceps & Butt)
I really liked this one
another 2.5 mile walk
10/7 - Get Fit w/ Rick 1400 Steps (YouTube)
30 Min. Classic Rock Ride w/ Christine
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Camila - didn't pay attention, because this was all in Spanish. It was easy enough to follow along.
I'm hoping for a dog walk after dinner, waiting for hubby to get home from golf. I'm not up to walking 3 dogs by myself.

Old 10-08-21, 04:39 AM  
Helen

Im vegging horizontally on the couch on my phone, being a Friday night.

LILI
No worries at all. Having it on our time frame IS awkward. Understand completely.

Sending as on phone, before I lose it!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-08-21, 06:46 PM  
Helen

saturday morning - aaahh the weekend!

Checkin
Wednesday
Cathe - Intensity Series - Pyramid Bonus Combo
C25k - Week 1 x2, with Alice, along the harbour
Cathe - Greatest Hits - Chapter Mix (Drill Max Cardio 4 + Imax Intervals 7-10)

Thursday
C25k - Week 1, with Bridget skating close by & Alice running between the two of us constantly.

Friday
Just a dog walk, and not for long - Alice was still tired from 2 big days in a row.
Besides, it was Friday of the first week back at work. Couple of 9-10 hour days in there - phone calls home for kids who hadn't shown up at all for the week - always draining.

It's the 9th, and in track for Chrono - that Imax Extreme is TODAY
Business is done - hitting send to focus on getting ON with it!!

Saturday Evening
Well worked at the computer for too long - buddy called, and still hadn't taken Alice out!
So... C25k - Week 1 x2, with Alice, finishing the final runs going uphill to home, and just 15min before doing
Cathe - Shock Cardio - Athletic Step, with Kathryn
Imax Extreme will have to tomorrow - WELL before Kathryn-time.
We'll do cardio/weights combined, but I'll choose a lighter one for us.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-09-21, 04:49 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Glad you understand about the time difference thing. I think it's great that you and your sister have this ongoing challenge, good for motivation!

10/8 - 1 Mile Motivation & Streamlined Strength from WS3.
10/9 - 3 miles w/ Jessica
dog walk

Old 10-10-21, 06:30 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

late again

But here to check in (with not too much) before time gets away from me.

Life ... life just happens. As we all know.

Never did check with Bellicon, still need to do that. ((just glanced back at last post).

10/7/2021: 20 mins. Treadmill run with a new instructor. . . Not sure of her first name, Kirsten, Kristin? Something ... Ferguson. (Peloton)

10/8/2021: rowed 20 mins. (got my Commit to Fit badge), Pickleball for 2 hours

10/9/2021: Meditation 10 mins.**

** Low energy day. Got the flu shot, had a dull headache all day and also have a bad bug bite on my neck that I got on Thurs. at lunch (outside at the picnic table). Don't know what stung/bit me, but my neck was all swollen on the left side. . . and hot to the touch. Blech. The swelling has gone down and today (at least so far this a.m.) I seem to have energy, so onward.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

More later? Maybe.
Cleda
Old 10-11-21, 04:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just the workouts

10/10/2021: 30 mins. Mental Health Ride w/Kendall, 30 mins. R&B with Bradley Rose, 10 mins. Cool Down Ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. PRS with Bradley Rose, 10 mins. Core with Selena

Still low energy ..... going into hibernation mode.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 10-11-21, 05:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

10/10 - dog walk, I also had a low energy day.
10/10 - dog walk
3.45 mile run on a mostly flat trail. I felt really good on this run, I'm not sure if it was the rest day or the fact that I went out early afternoon instead of the morning. Either way, I felt really good during and after!