Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-09-21, 02:42 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I’m sorry you’re still suffering with arthritis issues. I know it’s cramping your style! Have you thought about trying an anti inflammatory diet or a whole 30? I don’t know if that stuff really works but it could be worth a shot. I do agree with you about Yvette’s workouts. Remember those early you tube ones that you had to take a break from??? I feel like I’ve only done a few on her website that compare to those and I honestly don’t think I could handle them right now anyway. I can’t complain because she does put out a lot of content for the price and her workouts always have me sweating.

I’ll come back later and finish my post~at work
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 07:09 PM  
T2B

Coach AnMrsDe - thanks for the pep talk. Sorry about the arthritis issues. I admire you for always having a work around. I’m really looking forward to cooler weather!

Did you watch TWD World Beyond? I finally finished it, those characters are so annoying. However, gotta watch since I’m a completion-ist. I’m 4 episodes into Fear The Walking Dead and then I’ll watch the 2nd half of TWD.

Fri-YAY!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 10:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you AMD! I also hope your arthritis issues go away, not fun, the good thing is that you keep working out at the best of your abilities, very inspiring.

Great workouts you @ll, enjoy your weekend!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 08:48 AM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
How is everyone doing?

Great to see you back this month, Math Teacher! What kind of hip ailments are you having? I noticed you've been doing a lot of Jessica Valant hip workouts and need to know if I should check these out, LOL!
I have constant pain in my inner thigh along with rotating pain in my glutes, hamstrings and outer hip. I have been to multiple doctors including a chiropractor. They are have a different theory and solution. None of them have done me any good, so I am trying Jessica Valant for 30 days like she says at the end of this practice. I think it is helping.
Old 07-10-21, 12:17 PM  
AnMrsDe

Math Teacher, So sorry you've been to so many Dr's about your hip pain to no avail....frustrating for sure! I will have to look into JV to see if I can find some relief as well. Hope you find some answers soon. Take care!!

T2B, I haven't watched FTWD or anything related WD, LOL. We are rapping up Gene Simmons Family Jewels (I know, SUPER late to the party), but it's very entertaining. I admire a rock star who doesn't drink or smoke...pretty sure there aren't very many of those around!!! Also can't wait for Animal Kingdom in a week or so...wonder if it'll compare without Smurf?

ASAS, T2B, & Jane, thanks so much for your nice comments! Sometimes it just feels nice to have someone give you some sympathy now and again! ;0) I usually can find some kind of workouts that are challenging but still kind to my joints in the process. As Neil Young says "It's better to burnout than to rust"...granted this may not be in the context he was referring to, LOL, but in my context, it means I need to keep moving and not "rust" to keep everything supple and usable. We had dinner with both my SIL's last night (who are both nurses), and confirmed my theory that my inflammation/arthritis could, indeed, get worse after getting my Pfizer shots. Good to know it wasn't just in my head! I'm just hoping it subsides soon and I can get back to what is "normal" for me which is keeping the inflammation at bay with my gluten free diet (since 2011). It, for sure, has been my saving grace all these years, that is, up until a couple months ago! :/

Jane, Most definitely, this "flare-up" is cramping my style BIG TIME!! I am so grateful I can still find some Yvette workouts to use during this flare-up and can still use my subscription! //Those Caroline workouts sound just evil!! Good thing they're short.

Waves to all~~~ Have a great weekend! Sorry this is so long!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 08:52 AM  
allgirlsinaz

Bex-Congratulations on completing Epic! We have been check-in neighbors the last few months going through a version of Epic together. Will you continue on with another Epic?

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 10:23 PM  
bex

Thanks everyone for the high fives. I feel a bit silly because y'all are completing rotations all the time, but this was a big one for me.

allgirlsinaz, I've been watching you smashing your way through EPICs with total admiration. Yup, I'm definitely going to do EPIC 2. I'll play with some other instructors for a week or two, and then I know I'll be drawn back to Caroline. Her structure really works for me.

Jane, you also have my admiration for taking on EPIC Heat. My feeling is that her shorter workouts are actually harder - like when I discovered that Travis's Short & Sweet is basically a full hour practice compressed into 40 mins.

AsSweetAsSugar - congratulations to you! I hear you about abs screaming for mercy, but you kind of like it. I'm getting to that point too.

MathTeacher - thanks for the reminder. I need to try Jessica Valent's shoulder and upper back workouts. My shoulders still complain after pushups and I don't want to make them worse.

AnMrsDe Thanks so much for your cheering us all on. I've been living with rhuematoid arthritis for 25 years now. Thankfully mine is totally under control thanks to medication, but I know how discouraging flare ups can be. Big respect to you for your dedication to keep moving.

Are Yvette's subscription workouts really 'easier'? If so, that might encourage me to give it a try. I love her YT workouts but they definitely take my all. Something a little more approachable would be easier for me to mix in.

Waves to everyone! Keep cool!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 11:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bex, not need to feel silly at all, I think you should be proud of yourself! I checked some of Caroline workouts, and they all look good and very tough! So, congrats!!

AMD, I loved that Neil Young quote! And your context! lol it was funny, but so true.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-14-21, 08:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jane, that Burpee Hiit workout sounds brutal!

T2B, glad you enjoyed using the WW sticks! I love using them.

Waves to @ll!

Some of you haven't post in a while, I hope you all are doing well.

Old 07-19-21, 06:24 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - I watched the finale of the previous season of Animal Kingdom again. It had been so long that I had completely forgotten Smurf’s scenes in the last 2 episodes. I watched the 1st episode of the new season yesterday.. I’m sorry your vac caused your arthritis to flare up. My brother, that had covid, is still suffering from inflammation. His smell/taste still hasn’t returned. He’s trying an anti-inflammatory diet now. Hang in there, did your SILs give you any advice? Speaking of iPads, I have mine in a iPad keyboard case. Y’all would never hear from me if I didn’t have this case.

AsSweet - so what did you buy with your birthday money?

Cher - are your eyes completely healed now?

How’s everyone doing?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts