Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-21, 04:37 PM  
difit

How many Cathe endurance low weight/high reps workout are they?

I'm doing an endurance low weight/high reps workouts of Cathe for June.

I only came up with these three so far. Are there any others of Cathe?

High Reps
Power Hour
Muscle Endurance

I thought of Muscle Max and STS Total Body but I think their more strength then endurance.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 10:16 AM  
jordan

I just wanted to wish you luck on your rotation. If I was planning a total body endurance low weight/high reps rotation with Cathe workouts, those are the three I would use.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 11:05 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I don't know if you're only looking for total body workouts but if not, you might consider some of her upper/lower splits which can be really lower weight and higher rep. Those that come to mind off the top of my head are the Pyramid workouts (both old and new), her LITE Stacked Sets Upper and Lower workouts, many of her lower body workouts like Body Blast Legs and Glutes, CTX Meaner Legs, etc. Also the upper body work in CTX tends to be pretty high rep. I know there's more but that's what initially came to mind. Hope that helps!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 12:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kittybug, I was thinking about the Pyramid workouts, too. Just go a lot lighter, heaven knows, they have plenty of reps!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 12:15 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Supersets? Push and Pull?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 06:52 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I don't know if you're only looking for total body workouts but if not, you might consider some of her upper/lower splits which can be really lower weight and higher rep. Those that come to mind off the top of my head are the Pyramid workouts (both old and new), her LITE Stacked Sets Upper and Lower workouts, many of her lower body workouts like Body Blast Legs and Glutes, CTX Meaner Legs, etc. Also the upper body work in CTX tends to be pretty high rep. I know there's more but that's what initially came to mind. Hope that helps!

I was looking for total body but I can work with splits. The Lite and CTX series I have separate rotation for those. I didn't think about Pyramid. It does have a lot of reps and I could lighter than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Supersets? Push and Pull?
I'm using these two for another rotation later this year.
I have thing for rotations. It keeps me on schedule. It also helps me decide to keep it or get rid of it.

I was going through some of my workout sheets. I came across Body Max. I only have the weight count and the weight is low than I normally lift. There are no notes on the rep count. I haven't done this workout since 2015.

I'm re-doing some of my workout sheets and going to make sure I take better notes this time. That way I can easily find what I'm looking for.

Thanks for all your suggestions. If you think of anything else let me know. I know a lot strengthening workouts I can just lower the weight but there's just a different feel when it's an actual low weight /high rep workout.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-21, 07:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

The Body Maxes are good but maybe not quite as high rep as you're seeking but I might be remembering wrong. The lower body is more circuit oriented with cardio and then the upper body is wham, bam, thank you, ma'am, quick but effective! I love the Body Max workouts if you can't tell!

You might also consider Maximum Intensity Strength and for kind of higher reps but more metabolic, Flex Train and Athletic Training (from the Low Impact Series).

If you're really seeking that high rep feel, which I totally get because I gravitate to that kind of training and LOVE it, consider adding in some Jari Love maybe?

And please keep us posted because now I'm considering joining you in this rotation, as it would fit perfectly into my horrendously stressful June!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 07:34 AM  
fanofladyvols

I agree with kittybug. Whenever I think of low weight/high rep I think of Jari Love. I also think of Karen Voight.

I'm glad you started this thread so I could categorize those Cathes that are mentioned this way.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 09:55 AM  
Swissmom

Cathe Pyramid bonus combo is one of my favorites. It's in the premix menu.

Also, I don't own a barbell set, so I always substitute any barbell work with dumbells.
Swissmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 07:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

I just did Cathe's Cross train express upper body split and it's definitely high rep endurance, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe high reps, endurance, high reps, low weight/high reps