Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-21, 01:09 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Sarah,
Cardio Burn is my favorite of the three. It has the right amount of cardio and strength work in 45 minutes. When I first tried it, I did not like it because the pace felt more frantic. But I gave it another shot and grew to love it (except for the “bunny lunges”). If you find it at a good price, get it.
Thank you, I loved reading your take. I’ve been on the hunt for it today but so far no luck, Some of those older Firms are really tough to find!
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 07:30 AM  
Carol K

I didn't plan to get any of these when they first came out and then ended up getting all three. I think I got the very last Power Cardio from the first release, because they released so few of them. I like Cardio Burn the best, but seem to do Power Cardio more often.
Old 03-31-21, 05:03 PM  
wendug

I did Power Cardio today and forgot how many plyo jumps are in it! But all the workouts in this set do. I really like that this workout has table work and bridge work in it, which the others are missing. I did have to pause it because some of the equipment changes were way too fast- I can't get my ankle weights on that quickly! I like Dale as an instructor and think the workout flows well. I feel this is the easiest of the three workouts in the set. For me the hardest is Maximum Cardio, followed by Cardio Burn, then Power Cardio. All are great workouts, though, and are great cardio workouts!
Old 03-31-21, 05:05 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
Thank you, I loved reading your take. I’ve been on the hunt for it today but so far no luck, Some of those older Firms are really tough to find!
If I ever see Cardio Burn while thrifting I'll pick it up for you. I don't see as many firms these days when at the thrift store, but I did see Bootcamp 3 in 1 mix the last time I was there.
Old 03-31-21, 05:57 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I did Power Cardio today and forgot how many plyo jumps are in it! But all the workouts in this set do. I really like that this workout has table work and bridge work in it, which the others are missing. I did have to pause it because some of the equipment changes were way too fast- I can't get my ankle weights on that quickly! I like Dale as an instructor and think the workout flows well. I feel this is the easiest of the three workouts in the set. For me the hardest is Maximum Cardio, followed by Cardio Burn, then Power Cardio. All are great workouts, though, and are great cardio workouts!
Yay! So glad you did it and reported back. Yes, the plyos are crazy. I try to do them all because I keep reading that jumping is good for your bones but I modify a lot of the other high impact stuff. Maximum Cardio totally wipes me out! I’m planning to do that tomorrow, so say a prayer! 😂
Old 03-31-21, 05:58 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
If I ever see Cardio Burn while thrifting I'll pick it up for you. I don't see as many firms these days when at the thrift store, but I did see Bootcamp 3 in 1 mix the last time I was there.
Thank you. That is so nice. It’s clearly time for me to get on the thrifting circuit!
Old 03-31-21, 06:00 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I didn't plan to get any of these when they first came out and then ended up getting all three. I think I got the very last Power Cardio from the first release, because they released so few of them. I like Cardio Burn the best, but seem to do Power Cardio more often.
Hi Carol, That’s so interesting. And now I want Cardio Burn even more. What are your thoughts on Maximum Cardio?
Old 03-31-21, 06:07 PM  
ncl

I have not done this workout in years, but it was one of my favorites. Love Dale! I wish she had led more. I liked Cardio Burn as well. I wonder what happened to Dale and what she did post Firm.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 06:36 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I have not done this workout in years, but it was one of my favorites. Love Dale! I wish she had led more. I liked Cardio Burn as well. I wonder what happened to Dale and what she did post Firm.
I think she works at the U of South Carolina. I have a mutual FB friend with her.
Old 03-31-21, 06:41 PM  
kristiep

For me, Power Cardio is the toughest, then Cardio Burn, then Maximum Cardio. I like CB the best of the three (and it’s one of my favorite FIRMs) because it packs a lot into 45 minutes.

I do love Dale as an instructor. She has that calm, confident vibe that I love, and she has such a great physique. Those abs are enviable!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm cardio, firm cardio burn, the firm