Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-21, 01:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Linda Wooldridge Mix and Match: how does "Series" differ from "Hiit"

hi all,

i have Mix and Match Series 3 DVD box set and was wondering how it compares with her Mix and Match Hiit DVD?

the Series set is focused on toning (UB, LB, Abs) and Hiit seems to be Pilates-fusion.

if you have both, do you like one over the other?

thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 04:40 PM  
wlorrie

I have both. I've only done the Mix and Match HIIT 2 times. Yes, it would call it a Pilates/barre fusion. If I recall correctly, there is no particular body focus for each segment. The segments are only 10 minutes, so it might be better to use a segment as an add on another workout. I tried doing the whole dvd, but it felt too disjointed. It was too little of some of everything. It's not a terrible dvd; it just doesn't fit in well with my fitness activities.

I really like the Mix and Match 3 dvd set.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:20 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
I really like the Mix and Match 3 dvd set.
Lorrie
I do not have the HIIT set but I also like the Mix and Match set. I like that they generally do not focus on "parts" like many of her other workouts with exception of one upper body workout that is titled chest and back. I have not done that one. I appreciate that the lower body workouts on this set are not just outer thigh, inner thigh, glutes etc. I have no desire to work my inner thighs for 30 minutes or more although I have some of her workouts that fall into this category.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linda wooldridge