Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Yesterday after work I took my doggie for a walk - it was cooler so she walked faster and so did I!

Today was:

Ellen - Prayer Flow
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis 2 and Sciatica Routine

I don't know of it is a coincidence or what - but my back started to feel better after doing the Scoliosis practices. It was feeling better already but that seemed to improve it even more. I guess a sign I need to do those more often?

Sherry - interesting article, I guess it also goes hand in hand with why some people gain weight from intense exercise - too much stress. It is hard to find the right balance of challenge without over-doing it.

Liz - glad you got out for a walk! And good job on your workouts.

I hope to follow some sort of a plan in November...just not sure what that plan will be!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 02:02 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone
Today I do Jessica Smiths Cardi Core from her 21 day weight loss set. I feel good since I am starting off slow.

Donna - so happy to hear you are feeling better. Keep doing what you are doing!

Sherry - thanks for the article. Any and all motivation to exercise is welcome! I don’t think I need to worry about over exertion these days!

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii and Pam!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got an evening walk in w/ my Golden. The cooler weather has her walking faster. I was honestly a little worried about her slowing down - but I think it was just too hot for her. She will be 9 1/2 in December, so not a puppy!

I also did a 20 min yoga for your lunch break w/ Adriene. I think I may have over done something in that practice though - more on that later..

Today was:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Practice # 1 and Sciatica Practice

Both of Jessica's were helpful.

I think I may have overdid it a bit w/ the yoga - I think it was the yoga squat which I can do but it may have been too much for me right now. So I feel like I took a small step back.

The scoliosis practices do help me - I do have some scoliosis in my spine that causes my hip to hike up on one side.

I think my grand plan for the rest of the year is rehab. I am thinking about doing Jessica Valent's post partum plan - I know - my "baby" is 18, but it looks gentle and good for someone who needs to be mindful of their pelvic stability. She has a prolapse program as well and there is quite a bit of overlap between the two - so I may pick and choose between those two programs. After that I think I may do her Pilates Jumpstart and then by January I hope to be better. NO MORE Pahla B. I suppose I can listen to her podcasts, though.

Liz - I am also not in any danger of over-doing! Although I would like to be doing more....

waves, everyone - happy Wed!

Donna
Old 10-20-21, 05:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I finally worked out today, but the last two days were a bust! I haven't been resting well, so have been dragging during the day.

Today I did Leslie's Tone Every Zone (Upper Body) as well as some fiddling around on the Total Gym, trying to get back to using that more often.

Donna, glad you are beginning to feel better (other than the low squat today being an issue.) Rehab exercises sound like a good idea to me!

I know I need a plan, otherwise I'm directionless. I've been neglecting cardio and strength training, so hoping to focus on that. And, on the days I don't have the energy for either, I'll do something low key...Qi Gong or Classical Stretch. Whatever floats my boat.

Waves to the group!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did two dog walks - the weather is just perfect....

Today, so far has been:

Leslie - 20 Min Walk from Burn Fat Fast DVD - I wanted to test the waters on indoor walking/cardio and decided 20 min should work. So far, so good.

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility Routine and Hip Pain Routine - both of these were helpful!

Pam - Your post inspired me to give Leslie a go!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-21-21, 02:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Leslie's Burn to the Beat, two miles. The first mile was 3.0 mph and the second was 4.0 mph. I used Leslie's weighted gloves with both miles which ramped things up for me, and it felt good. I think the gloves are a pound each, but for the life of me I have no idea which of Leslie's actual workout corresponds with the gloves. I looked through all of my DVDs on the shelf and couldn't find anything on it with her wearing gloves on the cover. It's a mystery for the mystery machine and team.

I also did the Upper and Lower Body segments with Leslie from her Miracle Miles set, using the loop band. That was kinda fun and I haven't used anything from that set in a long time....probably since it first came out. I like that these were just Leslie solo, without another walk. Brief and so easy to add on.

Then, as a finisher I did some quick chin-ups and pull-ups on the Total Gym.

Donna, I hope you enjoyed spending some time with Leslie. I like her.....until I've had too much of her. And, I usually can't do more than three miles at a time with her. Something about the sameness of the four basic steps doesn't always agree with me. Usually two miles are my goldilocks of miles.

Sherry, hope you're okay.

wishiwasinhawaii and Liz, waving to you both!

April Focus:
Old 10-21-21, 03:10 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I did enjoy Leslie! I think she will be playing a role in my upcoming workout plans! I don't think I have done the Miracle Miles toning sections. I'll have to look for those. I do know what you mean - about having "enough" and my sweet spot for her mileage-wise is in the 2-3 mile range.

Waves

Donna
Old 10-22-21, 01:32 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Today I did Jessica's Poise and Grace from WS2. I have done this workout many times and I always enjoy it.

Pam and Donna, enjoy the Leslies!

The night is late and I promised myself that I'd try to start going to bed at a reasonable hour.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii and Sherry! I'm happy that tomorrow is Friday!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did get my dog walk in.

Today, so far has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine

Liz - I almost did a fusion workout from Jessica today! A nice rotation template that I may try for Jessica would be something like this:

- Cardio
- Fusion
- Strength
- Stretch
Repeat.....

She has so many workouts -

Sherry - I hope you are making a full recovery!

wishiwasinhawaii - how is your knee?

Waves, Pam!

The last two nights I have had trouble sleeping.....

Hopefully the weekend will fix that.

Take care,

Donna
Old 10-22-21, 08:51 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We're getting ready to hit the road today, but I got two Leslie miles in since I was up too early. Heading to CT today, and there's an escape room we're doing tonight in Hartford. DH always has research to do too, so we'll make lots of stops.

I did Leslie's Walk Off Fat Fast (Easy Burn) and Tone Every Zone Walk (Lower Body.) Both only 20 minutes each.

Have a good start to your weekend all!

April Focus:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy