Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-21, 03:48 PM  
Luv2WO

Well, I somehow managed to hurt my foot and am having a hard time walking on it. Guess it is back to floor work for now. I like MWH but she does down-dog and other yoga poses that hurt my foot too much. Luckily I was still in the free trial period.

Hi Cola! Great workouts and welcome!

Hi Chrys! Good job with your treadmill walks! I used to have a treadmill and loved it.

tangerine - It is nice to take it easy! I'm glad it is working and making you feel good.

Beth - I hope your skin is clearing up!

Donna - I used to love Exercise TV too. There was a cardio workout by Cindy Whitmarsh that I used to love. I think it is on YouTube now. How do you like Pahla? Do you sweat with her workouts?

Hi AnMrsDe!!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:09 PM  
AnMrsDe

Luv2WO - I hope your foot gets feeling better. It's so frustrating when we have injuries!!

Just an FYI, I am going to take a recovery week and let my hip rest so I may not post much. I'm afraid if I don't calm it down now, it'll just get worse. I didn't want anyone putting out an APB on me! Stay well, everyone!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 03:46 PM  
donnamp

AnMrsDe - ugh - sorry to hear about your hip. I recently cracked open Season 11 of CS and did two episodes over the last three days and I am feeling better. Maybe something to try? I'm also icing my lower back and hip area and that also seems to be helping.

Hang in there -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 05:48 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe and Luv2WO hope you both feel better quickly.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 08:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
AnMrsDe and Luv2WO hope you both feel better quickly.
Yes, healing prayers for you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:01 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Between CeraVe, Aquaphor, baby oil, and Cetaphil my skin is finally... yes, finally starting to look better. I can't believe this has been 6 weeks! My heart really goes out to cancer patients who need continued and high doses of this stuff.

Ugh, this week I saw my dentist and am planning to do more frequent cleanings this year because of the side effects I experienced. Sometimes those medications for OP can affect teeth. I have two back baby teeth with no permanents behind them, and they have now decided to show increased signs of decay. My continued hope is they will hang on for a few more years as I ponder how best to replace. The conservative side of me would love to just let them fall out and do nothing! Lol Of course the dentist wants to place implants, horrors!

Luv2WOL,I’m so sorry to hear about your foot and hope you find relief soon.

AnMrsDe, Oh I’m sorry about your hip. Maybe alternating hot and cold compresses will help?

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:47 AM  
Luv2WO

Thanks, AnMrsDe! I hope your hip gets better too. Darn injuries! I think I need a recovery week too.

Thanks, Cher! I hope your cousin is doing okay.

Beth - So glad your skin is doing better. I hate the dentist. I cancelled my appointment last week because I didn't want to deal with it.

fanofladyvols - Thank you!

Have a nice weekend!
Old 01-09-21, 03:25 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2WO View Post

tangerine - It is nice to take it easy! I'm glad it is working and making you feel good. :hear:
Thanks Luv2WO! I hope your foot is better soon! When my knees were hurting all I did was floorwork (Barlates mostly...)

I've lost 5 pounds since I started taking it easy...not sure if it's the Leslie magic or just the scaling back but I'm sticking with it till it stops working.

AnMrsDe, hope your hip is better soon!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 08:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

tangerine congratulations on the weight loss!

beth I'm glad you have found some ways to deal with the symptoms! Hoping it wraps up completely very soon.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 10:33 AM  
Luv2WO

Wow tangerine! That is amazing!

I had similar results with Leslie about 10 years ago. Since I rarely do cardio or get my heart rate up now, maybe I will try adding her in a few times a week. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tags
just the workouts