Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-20, 04:09 PM  
Nelly G

Skogg/Kettlebell question

Hi everyone,

I am lately doing again a lot of different workouts ( barre, HIIT, kettlebell, weight training )because I am feeling better and can do more and also more advance workouts.

I discovered Ilaria Montagnan Atletica: doing my kettlebell workouts with her. I did lately Kettbell Kickboxing which I love. I have RKS and Kettlebell Goddess and Paul Katami s Kettlebell dvds.

My question is that if I do workouts from a dvd I have no pain in my back but if I wake up and do some Kettlebell swings I do have pain in my back. So either I do the correct movement with dvds but not when I do it without a dvd. I have found this on You tube of Skogg (flow):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7NU5PVSv9E.

The stupid thing is that if I read the reviews and look at the video ( done it too) then I do the form correctly but I do not know if I like Skogg that much to buy the whole set for 39,95 dollars at Amazon. Especialy because I like to do different workouts and not repeat the same moves. So tell me do I need Skogg to do my form better or where can I get only the first tutorial dvd to learn to do better. I did not see it on Ebay. So please help me out with some advice. Thanks in advance.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 06:59 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I had this set, and it bored me to death. It was my least-favorite Skogg. I don't recall being helped by his instruction. Maybe your form is improved when you are watching someone and mirroring them?

Anyway, if you are looking for an enabler for this Skogg set, it wouldn't be me.
Old 07-09-20, 08:44 PM  
akaAnnie

I loved that Skogg set and had great results with it. The biggest help for me formwise was not bending at the knees for the swing, he says it's a swing not a squat. There are six exercises repeated in different ways for different lengths of time, you may find the breakdown on here somewhere and you could just use a timer and work out on your own.I also found the cool down for roots very helpful with lower back pain.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 07:47 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I loved that Skogg set and had great results with it. The biggest help for me formwise was not bending at the knees for the swing, he says it's a swing not a squat. There are six exercises repeated in different ways for different lengths of time, you may find the breakdown on here somewhere and you could just use a timer and work out on your own.I also found the cool down for roots very helpful with lower back pain.
I agree that the Skogg set is fantastic. It's also my only exercise dvds that my husband will do.
Old 07-10-20, 08:31 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Yeah, I had that set.

Plus - definitely got results and gained strength.

Minus - it gets really monotonous and boring. There’s only 5-6 exercises.

if you like variety and get bored easily, this isn’t the set for you.
Old 07-12-20, 12:16 AM  
Nelly G

Thanks for all the answers. I like variety so the set is not for me the. Does anyone kows a good instruction video on you tube for doing my kettlebell swing better?
Old 08-25-20, 02:59 PM  
Nelly G

In the end I bought the Skogg set cheap second hand at Amazon for 20 dollars. I must say I did tutorial and wow I learned a lot about doing The Kettlebell moves and had no back pain. What a great tutorial, I did not regret the buy and did not have time do do the rest but I surely will.
Old 08-25-20, 03:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Skogg was a great choice, Nelly! His instruction is good and I liked that you slowly progress with each workout!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell form, kettlebells, skogg